Delete Thread

I ended up taking them out after the lady going around to the tables announced to everyone about the "nice 13 year old girl" sitting at our table.

Haha! This is hilarious!!

People will tell you be glad you look young and I understand but it can get annoying after awhile. I don't look like I'm 13 anymore (thank goodness!) but I like to wear pigtails at Disney and I often get mistaken for a high schooler/college kid. And I get carded all the time. Blair complains that he's never carded unless he's with me. It's kind of funny to watch the look on the bartender/server's face. You can see them look at me....then process....then decide not to take the risk and just ask me for my card. Haha.

I also sometimes get hit on by really young guys which is a little awkward...

Josh said we should go on IASW because the rain would probably be done by the time we got off.

This was closed when we were there!

But afterwards there was a gorgeous rainbow over Fantasyland!

:love:

So we hit the Tangled restroom area, and I wanted to take a picture with Josh smoldering and the Flynn Rider poster for @VACamm and @DexLabDeeDee. But we couldn't find it right away. :confused: Josh finally looked in the men's room and realized it was in there. I asked him if he just wanted to take a selfie, but he kept insisting he wouldn't take one that got the picture in it so we could come back later. When we came back later he goes "Look the bathroom attendant is gone come take it!" I didn't really want to walk into the men's room but I took one really quickly for you guys :rotfl:

screen-shot-2016-10-07-at-2-22-38-pm-png.199601

HAHA. YAAYY!!! Thank you both for your sacrifice! Hahaha. Tell Josh that I love his smolder! And next time for MNSSHP, he has to dress as Flynn Ryder. :rotfl2: We have to keep upping the stakes...

Love this!

Why were they talking one of me as I walked up to the meet and greet :rotfl: This one makes me laugh so hard.

screen-shot-2016-10-07-at-2-23-21-pm-png.199629

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I love Hallowishes!

It's my favorite fireworks at Disney! :banana:

I felt bad though because Josh started to get a headache around this time. He gets migraines pretty frequently despite medication so sometimes they get pretty serious. I love Boo To You, but I could tell he didn't feel good so after watching some of it go by we started to make our way out....where we got stuck on Main Street and had to watch it all anyway before we were able to leave.

Oh no! Migraines are terrible. And I hate getting stuck by a parade - even if it's a parade I like. Poor Josh!

But even though his head was hurting he gave up his seat on the bus to a little boy dressed like Darth Vader which I thought was very sweet. :love2:

I think you've picked a good one! :thumbsup2

Did you eat at the Maya Grill? We didn't get to eat there.
We did eat at Maya Grill and it was delicious! In fact just today Chris mentioned that the best steak he's ever had was there. That was in Aug. 2014 and we planned to go back in Aug. 2015, but they'd changed the menu and taken his specific steak dish off :( We haven't been back since but I still see really good reviews of it.

Your pigtail picture at 'Ohana - lmao, you do look very young! Enjoy it sweetie, I was carded until I was 31 and when they stopped asking me, I was sad and offended :snooty: It's sad when you buy beer at the grocery store and they just override the register when it asks for ID input instead of actually asking to see ID :rotfl2:
So sorry Josh got a migraine during Boo To You. I think we talked about this in your PTR, but I get them too and it sucks. Does he take any meds for them?

Following along! I don't know why, I always love to read TR's from couples, I feel like I can relate more. :) I'm sorry that you got sick so early in the trip. :(

Following along! I don't know why, I always love to read TR's from couples, I feel like I can relate more. :) I'm sorry that you got sick so early in the trip. :(
Thanks for following! I know what you mean I like reading ones I can relate to though.

I'm caught up Raeven! First... I am loving your trip report. Second... you guys are just SO STINKING CUTE together! I'm still sad that we literally missed each other by like a week and a half!

So we hit the Tangled restroom area, and I wanted to take a picture with Josh smoldering and the Flynn Rider poster for @VACamm and @DexLabDeeDee. But we couldn't find it right away. :confused: Josh finally looked in the men's room and realized it was in there. I asked him if he just wanted to take a selfie, but he kept insisting he wouldn't take one that got the picture in it so we could come back later. When we came back later he goes "Look the bathroom attendant is gone come take it!" I didn't really want to walk into the men's room but I took one really quickly for you guys :rotfl:

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes totally Flynn Ryder!!!!! hahaaa

Josh took this awkward gem where it looks like Lotso is teaching me kickboxing. (I was going for a high five).

OMGosh I'm a little jealous... I have never met Lotso. These are super cute pics!

But even though his head was hurting he gave up his seat on the bus to a little boy dressed like Darth Vader which I thought was very sweet. :love2:

Yes... he gets props for this. 100%.

I can't wait to read more! xo

I'm caught up Raeven! First... I am loving your trip report. Second... you guys are just SO STINKING CUTE together! I'm still sad that we literally missed each other by like a week and a half!

Yay! Thank you! I know :sad1:

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes totally Flynn Ryder!!!!! hahaaa

:laughing:

OMGosh I'm a little jealous... I have never met Lotso. These are super cute pics!

Haha it was my first time meeting Lotso! If you go to the Halloween party his line was pretty short. I hate to spend a lot of time waiting in character lines at those and most the other characters have very long lines.

Yes... he gets props for this. 100%.

I can't wait to read more! xo

I'll try to post more tonight!

I was going to watch Teen Mom after, but MTV does not appear to be one of the channels on the Disney TVs so we watched a crime documentary.
I don't know why, but this made me literally laugh out loud.

Enjoying your report, it looks like we were about a week apart!

Being someone who gets anxious if they can't follow through on ideas right away I started looking into switching flights, telling my family I was coming home because I was sick, and canceling ADRs. Ugh why didn't I listen to Josh and just wait? :rolleyes1 (He thought I'd feel better after resting).

Me too!!! My brain always goes into "Need to fix this NOW" mode. I would have done the same thing!!

I had canceled the Star Wars dessert party

:sad::sad::sad:

This kind of annoys me because we take turns paying for things (especially on vacation), and I was the one paying :rotfl:

This! Blair and I actually switch off paying for things too, even though we're married. We both want the points on our cards. Hey, server, you don't understand - I NEED my Disney points! :laughing:

This trip they also always put it in front of my dad even though there were a couple of times that I was paying too. I think a neutral location on the table is best.

I just got fries.

FRIES!! :jumping1:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%209.00.47%20PM.png

Yes front seat! I look like I'm showing off the mine train :rotfl2:

I love this pic! You look so free and happy! And also like you are a Barker beauty! :goodvibes

Wow. Nice muscles, Josh. Gaston would be proud! (No, he wouldn't. He would still think that his were best.)

I always have to have a Gaston flexing pic too! (Spoiler: my muscles are not up to snuff. At. All.)

Love the LeFou brew crossed arms pic! :love:

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion. Where Josh let me in on a little secret (this is going to be tmi story). So Josh never has gas...like ever. But I guess every single time he's in the Haunted Mansion he does and then he tells me about it :rotfl: So now I'm telling you about it. I wasn't going to, but he keeps asking me if I shared the story yet.

Haha! That would be nice to never have gas! So the Haunted Mansion is scary, then??

Randy was still so drunk he was sitting up across from her cat and just having a full out conversation with him :rotfl: She kept trying to get him to go to sleep but he just kept conversing with her cat.

:lmao:

screen-shot-2016-10-11-at-8-59-30-pm-png.200642

(Josh thought this was terrifying).

Agreed. Why on earth would they think that this would make a good float??

You can even tell by my face that I was losing.

:rotfl2:

Here's a really bad one where it looks like Josh's head is a ghost :rotfl:

Haha. How did that happen?? His neck really looks stretched out too. Like his head is floating away!

I will admit I like sitting down after being in the parks all day, but I just thought this was downright unsafe.

I'm tellin' ya - rental car. ::yes::

I love that "Tigger, is that you" mug! When Chris was a baby I bought him a shirt with that on it :goodvibes
I understand you cancelling things and deciding at first to cut your trip short, but I'm glad in the end you toughed it out. Now you've definitely had your share of being sick in Disney and I'm 100% sure your next 2 trips will be illness-free!

I love that "Tigger, is that you" mug! When Chris was a baby I bought him a shirt with that on it :goodvibes
I understand you cancelling things and deciding at first to cut your trip short, but I'm glad in the end you toughed it out. Now you've definitely had your share of being sick in Disney and I'm 100% sure your next 2 trips will be illness-free!

Last edited:
I was so far behind, eek! I'm caught up now though! My comments will probably be all out of order, since I forgot to quote things as I went along :rolleyes1

It's really too bad you weren't feeling well, I had that happen one day on our last trip and being sick on vacation is the worst! Good for you for sticking with it and making the best of it though!

Congrats on riding Everest! That was probably my favourite ride at WDW, I loved it so much!

Your outfits are too cute! I love your Ariel dress and your Zootopia Police Department Disney-bounding!

I laughed at your comments about your braids! I'll be 29 in January, and I still get ID'd everywhere I go - and I live in Alberta where the legal drinking age is 18...

That's too bad that you didn't really care for 'Ohana (I need to go get caught up on your dining report too!). I have an ADR for it on our next trip, and I pretty much know already I won't touch the meat skewers, but I am looking forward to trying that bread pudding dessert!

I love all of your on-ride pictures, especially the one of you in the front of the mine train!

Yay for Disney magic on getting 2 Lefou Brew's for the price of 1! How was it? It sounds too sweet for my tastes...

I'm not a huge cupcake person either, and I think I'll skip Sprinkles since I've yet to hear a really wonderful review. There's a specialty cupcake place close to where we used to live, and it was amazing, so I don't know if anything can compare to that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter