• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delete Thread

Your description of your neighbors made me laugh outloud.... Wow that is really awful! Maybe you should start blasting DISNEY PRINCESS MUSIC late at night to give them the hint! princess:

I've never been to the Melting Pot... it looks absolutely delicious though. We have one about 1 hour north of where I live and Ive heard good things. I will have to give it a try!

You're only 2 weeks out... girl you are so close!!!!!!!!! :stitch::simba::hmghost::figment::ccat::maleficen:tigger::sulley:

That stinks about your neighbors :mad: That happened to me in college, but my roommates and I just made even more noise to piss them off :rotfl2: You guys are obviously more mature than my roommates and I were at that point but I feel for you!

We have a Melting Pot right in our mall 10 minutes away, but I've only been there once and always forget about it when deciding where to go to eat. I'll have to try to keep it in mind because your pictures look really good!

Happy Anniversary :love:

That stinks about your neighbors :mad: That happened to me in college, but my roommates and I just made even more noise to piss them off :rotfl2: You guys are obviously more mature than my roommates and I were at that point but I feel for you!

We have a Melting Pot right in our mall 10 minutes away, but I've only been there once and always forget about it when deciding where to go to eat. I'll have to try to keep it in mind because your pictures look really good!

Happy Anniversary :love:

Last edited:

Gift card update

So never throw out gift cards you've used as deposits for something. You probably already know this and it's just me. But if you remember correctly I paid the cruise deposit on a $200 gift card I got for opening my Disney Chase Visa, and then I threw it out. Well when we canceled the cruise they said they'd issue a new one. I got all my other refunds over 2 weeks ago...but no gift card. :confused3

Last week they told me to call this week if it never comes...it never came. :confused: I called last night after checking one more time (we get our mail at Josh's moms house not our apartment). They spent a long time on the phone with me and came to the conclusion that the gift card division didn't mail it out after they sent in the form. They told me to call the gift card line. It wasn't open last night so I called this morning. It's not open till Tuesday. It's seeming very unlikely we'll get it before the trip now. :sad1:

So I called back the cruise line thinking maybe someone else handles gift cards because they were able to call someone about it while I spoke with them last night. Now I know that once they issue a form for the return they probably have nothing to do with it, but the guy I got was rather short with me about the situation. He told me I was just going to have to wait till the other line was open, then he said he checked and it was mailed out on the 16th last month so it's probably on its way. :sad2: At this point I'm doubting I'll get in time for this vacation. I'm hoping when I call on Tuesday they'll be able to just send something to our hotel or create something while we're there. I think that would be a lot easier than trying to go through the mail again.

I also never received my Disney Store order with my Halloween shirt, mug, and MagicBandits in it (from the 15th).

View attachment 191847

It looks like they never sent it out, and now the shirt is out of stock. :sad: I'll have the MagicBandits by the time we go, and hopefully I'll find the shirt at the parks.

Disney customer service is usually so lovely, and I can't really be unhappy so close to the trip. But I am a little bummed about the gift card situation since we were using that money towards our vacation (and I really liked that shirt and purchased it online because I knew the Halloween stuff would sell out fast).

In better news I checked Southwest last night and a couple of our flights went down in price so I saved $20, and 2,000 points.:thumbsup2

And I'm still so excited for all of you that left today :banana:
Oh no! Sorry your still waiting for everything.... Love that mug by the way, I have a Disney mug problem... My husband gets so mad cause I buy a few at a time every time I go. I'm pretty much running out of room to put them all but I can't help it they are so cute and I love my coffee so mine as well have it in a super cute Disney mug...:thumbsup2

Thank you, I know a gift card isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things especially because we're going twice this year and could use it later; but it's going to be a bummer knowing we should've had $200 more for the trip. Hopefully I can work something out with them on Tuesday. Haha we decided to buy less mugs this time because we brought home way too many last time. I liked the Halloween mugs we got last year (they were a set of Mickey Mouse jack o lanterns one in orange the other black), but this one is even cuter!
Yes this mug is really cute.

Awesome on AKL :thumbsup2 Absolutely loved staying there. In fact it was my favorite resort until this last trip and is now tied with WL! We stayed standard view there and ended up with a beautiful relaxing pool view. There are so many places around the resort to see animals I really don't think you shortchange yourself by not staying Savannah view :) Plus I love that you're surprising Josh!

Awesome on AKL :thumbsup2 Absolutely loved staying there. In fact it was my favorite resort until this last trip and is now tied with WL! We stayed standard view there and ended up with a beautiful relaxing pool view. There are so many places around the resort to see animals I really don't think you shortchange yourself by not staying Savannah view :) Plus I love that you're surprising Josh!

Last edited:
I had read half of your PTR before, but now I am all caught up. I can’t believe that you are in the single digits already! :cool1: All of your plans look great! I can’t wait to hear about all the yummy places that you are going to eat and of course MNSSHP and Club Villain! I’m a little sad that I won’t get to hear about CBR now, but I’m sure that CSR is going to be great; their pool looks awesome!! Plus I’ve heard that it’s often used for conventions and is more of an adult hotel, so it should be quieter and a nice break from your noisy neighbors.

We used to have neighbors like that when we lived in an apartment. Our neighbors across the hall would have their school aged kids up until 1-2am and they would be screaming and yelling all the time. Now we live in a house on a pretty quiet street, except for now we have a neighbor that leaves their dog out and the dog barks incessantly for hours at a time, including all hours of the night! I guess there’s no getting away from it! :sad2:

That's a shame about the gift card debacle. It's definitely not your fault! They said that they would mail a new one and they didn't. They need to make it right!

Happy Anniversary!! pixiedust: I was just telling DF that we need to go to the Melting Pot when we were in Columbus, OH this past weekend (we don't have one near home). I haven't been in about 9 years (gosh that makes me feel old!) and he has never been. We didn't end up having time to go this trip, but it is definitely on the list for next time!

I hope that you have a great trip!! :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter