DeLeon Springs State Park

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by bcrook, Feb 19, 2012.

1. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Anybody visit this state park? I stumbled on to it today. It looks like it has a fun restaurant (Sugar Mill), swimming in a spring, and kayak rentals to explore the river.

Worth the hour drive? We will be staying on-site at WDW for 12 days, and can afford a couple days away from the Mouse.

2. JANNYANS

JANNYANS DIS Veteran

Definitely worth the drive -the restaurant is great fun -you make your own pancakes at the tables.There is a boat trip you can take as well as the kayaks and the spring is great too.If you want there is a nature walk to follow.

3. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Sounds awesome. Did you see alligators? I am looking forward to the visit now. I appreciate your response.

4. JANNYANS

JANNYANS DIS Veteran

Yes I believe we did see alligators .If you want to see a good selection of wildlife thenI recoomend the CircleB bar reserve in Polk County .I have visited many nature parks over the years and I hav enever seen such a wdie range as I did here .It is in Lakeland south of WDW .

http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/recreation/areas/circlebbarreserve.html

5. sammielynn

sammielynn DIS Veteran

Been there a couple of times and loved it. The Resturant is great and the grounds lovely. I don't think it is an entire day adventure but we didn't rent boats or take a tour. We did see a gator, very small on but a gator none the less.

6. Kay1

Kay1 <font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b

My husband is from Deland and a couple of times we've gone there while visiting family. Yes, the restaurant is good and fun, but I could swear we rented a paddleboat and just paddled around a small gator-filled body of water.

Well, have a great time.

:)