DeLeon Springs State Park

bcrook

DIS Veteran
Anybody visit this state park? I stumbled on to it today. It looks like it has a fun restaurant (Sugar Mill), swimming in a spring, and kayak rentals to explore the river.

Worth the hour drive? We will be staying on-site at WDW for 12 days, and can afford a couple days away from the Mouse.

Definitely worth the drive -the restaurant is great fun -you make your own pancakes at the tables.There is a boat trip you can take as well as the kayaks and the spring is great too.If you want there is a nature walk to follow.

Sounds awesome. Did you see alligators? I am looking forward to the visit now. I appreciate your response.

Been there a couple of times and loved it. The Resturant is great and the grounds lovely. I don't think it is an entire day adventure but we didn't rent boats or take a tour. We did see a gator, very small on but a gator none the less.

My husband is from Deland and a couple of times we've gone there while visiting family. Yes, the restaurant is good and fun, but I could swear we rented a paddleboat and just paddled around a small gator-filled body of water.

Well, have a great time.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter