Del Sol or Grand Legacy?

Loopster

Mouseketeer
We usually stay at Tropicana, but decided to do a last minute trip and it was full. I have a room at Del Sol booked, and a deluxe room (not in main building) at Grand Legacy and need to cancel one soon. Is Del Sol that much closer of a walk than Grand Legacy? I hear bad things about both places so I'm starting to get a little concerned, but everything else is booked for my dates. Hoping to get some input. Thanks!

I've only stayed at Grand Legacy, and I liked everything about it except that it was the least sound proofed motel I have EVER stayed in. And we had a 1 year old so I think I was fairly desensitized to noise then too. It was one of the motel units ground floor facing the pool.

We've stayed at Del Sol the last couple of times we've been, and it wasn't too bad. The last time was 6 years ago, so maybe things have changed. It's definitely lower than the standard of hotel we normally like to stay at, but it does have a continental breakfast (tiny room where you basically run in and grab some hard boiled eggs, donuts, fruit, etc and head back to your room to eat it), and for us it's worth it to be so close. It's almost exactly the same walking distance as the Tropicana.

We're actually staying at the Del Sol again this June, and my brother and his family will be at the Tropicana. One thing I do love about the Del Sol, is that on the way back from the parks you walk right in front of a Cold Stone. Even if you don't get any ice cream, the wonderful smell of that place will always remind me of our Disney trips :)

I have reservations at both of these hotels also; they're my backup reservation for the Candy Cane Inn (though it appears that the Candy Cane is really open). Any recent reviews?

Depending on where your room is at Grand Legacy Del Sol is a much closer walk.

We usually stay at Tropicana, but decided to do a last minute trip and it was full. I have a room at Del Sol booked, and a deluxe room (not in main building) at Grand Legacy and need to cancel one soon. Is Del Sol that much closer of a walk than Grand Legacy? I hear bad things about both places so I'm starting to get a little concerned, but everything else is booked for my dates. Hoping to get some input. Thanks!
We stayed at Del Sol before covid. It was fine. Nothing fancy or special. The beds weren’t the most comfortable but it was clean, staff were nice, and the location is great.

They're both fairly comparable IMO as far as a room goes--they offer your average motel stay. I'd go with whichever is closer and cheaper.

We have stayed at Grand Legacy twice, the last time was in December 2022. It is no-frills but served our needs well. They often have specials. Both times we were in one of the basic 2 queen rooms which is the closest to the lobby.

We also stay at Desert Inn & Suites pretty regularly. I just choose based on the rate I can get. I've looked at Del Sol several times throughout the year and it's always been more expensive so I've never stayed there.

You can't get closer than Del Sol really. Right across the street. We stayed there years ago when it was extremely cheap (which is no longer the case sadly). It was very basic, but we just needed somewhere to drop our heads at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter