Del Sol inn

lovegrumpy

DIS Veteran
We had to change hotels because we changed are dates. We are booked here but would love any info that you guys have on this place.

Let us know, I have seen mixed reviews but there are some that really like it.

I have it booked for Sept had a great rate, way cheaper then anywhere else.

I have not stayed there, but booked over Halloween for later this year for only $85 with our CAA/AAA discount. A local friend of mine uses the place everytime she visits DLR and loves it for the value. I'm sure, knowing her, that it is no frills, very basic, but if you just want a place to sleep and to keep more money for meals and souvenirs, I think it could be a good place.
GL!

I enjoy it.. I stay there all the time.. We are only there to sleep... its super close to the park so thats what does it for us.. I have never had issues with it...

Stayed there for three days last week and it was fine. We had the "family suite" with the bunk beds and it wasn't a suite at all, just a regular room with more furniture crammed in it.

That said, you can't get much closer to the main gait and we enjoyed our stay at the Del Sol.

*tip:Get $1 bottles of water at the Denny's in front of the Del Sol, can't beat that price.

We stayed there this last week. We had a kid's room with bunk bed. It was small and tight, but the furniture was in good repair and the carpeting was clean (we walked around barefoot and our feet didn't look dirty); that being said, it didn't appear that they had vacuumed between guests, which was a little disconcerting. They offer a continental breakfast from 7:00 am - 9:00 am. The breakfast room is also small and they had bread, a toaster, jelly and butter, pre-made muffins and pre-made frozen-type waffles, danish, apples/oranges, cereal, milk, orange juice, raspberry lemonade and something they claimed was coffee.

The walk was nice and short. For the same price, I prefer the Desert Inn next door, but we got a good deal on our room. I also didn't see an elevator, so if you have mobility issues, request a first-floor room (there are only 2 floors). Parking was super tight, perhaps even tighter than the Desert Inn.

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and even though we had a couple of issues, I would probably stay there again, because of the price. I booked a family suite but it was actually 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were very spacious, larger than most rooms I've had on Harbor Blvd. The free breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, but it's free and gets you by until you can get to the park. As long as you're looking for a basic room and just planning on sleeping and showering, it's a good deal for the money.

Issue #1 - When we checked in, the room appeared clean, but when we entered the bathroom, there was a huge 4"x6" bandaid stuck to the shower head! UGH! It totally grossed me out! We stopped at the front desk on our way to the park and told the front desk and they said they would take care of it right away. This made me question how well the room had been cleaned. We came back late that night and the bandaid was still there!!! We were up eary in the morning and used the shower...again grossed out by the bandaid! (I wasn't going to touch it!) I took a pic of it on my phone and once again stopped at the front desk and showed them and again voiced my displeasure that it was not removed the day before. It was gone when we came back that afternoon.

Issue #2 - I booked a "Family suite" and was given a price of $90 per night. We were told there were 4 queen beds and 2 bathroom. I thought we were getting one room. What we got was 2 adjoining rooms, which was fine. The issue I had though was that I had called twice and asked for the total of the failky suite for 2 nights (so I could tell my friends how much their portions would be) and I was told both times the room was $180 ($90 per night). When we checked out, we were charged twice that amount for 2 rooms. It's still a good price, but when I booked, I had no idea we were getting 2 separate rooms. I was told it was a family suite for $90 per night. I will know better next time, if we stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter