Del Coronado question

StormalongKay

Mouseketeer
Going to SD for the first time this summer! Thinking of splurging on the Del. We'll want a little rest and relaxation on the beach after 4 days in DL. My question is whether we will be constrained to eating at the Del's restaurants or are there more affordable restaurants within walking distance? I know I'll love the luxury of the resort, but we might not want to pay luxurious prices for food for every meal - we have 3 kids under 10!

There are some great places on Coronado Island within walking distance of the hotel. There is a great Irish pub with good fish & Chips, (Can't remember the name, but the local all know it) as well as a great ice cream place called Moo Town Creamery. These are just some of the choices. (There is a Navy base on the Island, so there are alot of low cost options for the sailors stationed there). I would also like to recommend a place called Peoeh's. Great food, and great view across the bay of Downtown SD. Food is moderately pricy, but place is kid friendly. THe hotel can tell you how to get there. Haver fun!

The Hotel Del is located on Orange Ave. The street is lined with many restaurants, cafes and even some fast food choices that are all within easy walking distance of the Del and/or the beach. Finding a good place to eat will not be hard. The Hotel also has a good breakfest buffet for about $20 and, weather permitting, they serve up freshly grilled hot dogs and hamburgers over the patio overlooking the pool and the beach.

The Irish Pub is called McP's. They have a website at http://www.mcpspub.com/welcome.htm . Not only do they have quite a history, they are also a stop for the "Old Town Trolley" bus that will take you to all of the major tourist spots in San Deigo.

. . . My question is whether we will be constrained to eating at the Del's restaurants or are there more affordable restaurants within walking distance? . .
There are plenty of good dining options nearby.

Woody

Moo Town Creamery is fabulous.

Also, you may want to check out restaurant.com, I just got some good Coronado dining coupons on there ($25 dining certificate for $10, less if you have a coupon code). I'm not sure how close they are to the resort, but it's worth looking into.

Just wanted to add that the Coronado Brewing Co. is great and family friendly. There is also a really nice Italian restaurant next to Peohe's. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter