• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Defunct Disney restaurants

I miss the Nestle Tollhouse shop that was where Sleepy Hollow is now. I've never tried one of the waffle sandwiches but I sure miss the smell of fresh chocolate chip cookies.

YESSSSS!!!! I remember getting freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from here right after we would ride HM. That was the best thing ever when I was a kid, however I think my dad was more into it then I was because it never failed, after we would ride he was B-lining it to the old location just so he can get his cookies. Every time I make chocolate chip cookies at home (and I use Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips), I always think about that spot in the MK :cloud9:.

The fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's is now available on the lunch menu at The Brown Derby.

Are you sure it's the same thing? Lots of places have a fettuccine alfredo, but the Alfredo's at Epcot served the original recipe. One of the things that was special about the dish is that the noodles were made fresh on premises, I wouldn't think HBD would do that.

Are you sure it's the same thing? Lots of places have a fettuccine alfredo, but the Alfredo's at Epcot served the original recipe. One of the things that was special about the dish is that the noodles were made fresh on premises, I wouldn't think HBD would do that.

Yes, it's the same. The WDW menu even lists it as 'The Original Fettucine Alfredo'. My family has been going to Epcot since it opened, so we ate at Alfredo's many times. My sister had the fettucine at HBD in Feb and said it was the same and very good. I will be trying it this Nov. :)

Went to Concourse Steakhouse with my parents int the 80s, Loved it .....Alfredos was a favorite of ours

I miss Bonfamille's Cafe :(. We had dinner and breakfast there on our 1998 trip. Based on occupancy rates I wish they would bring some TS restaurant back to POFQ at least for dinner.
Also miss breakfast at Boatwright's . We had breakfast there on our 1st trip.

Last edited:
icelady--right there with you. We miss Spoodles. Actually boycotted the change lol. We did not try Kouzinna once and are not planning on trying the new Italian one. Not happy Flying Fish will be closed for refurb on our next trip.

I thought I knew what love was, then I had the fettucine alfredo at Alfredo's. Ruined me for any other alfredo. Loved that restaurant.

We had a wonderful dinner at Spoodles in that glorious time between the beginning of the DDP and before many restaurants homogenized their menus in response. Lots of really interesting Mediterranean dishes. We were sorry to see it get dumbed down, which IMHO resulted in its ultimate demise.

We also really enjoyed Tusker House when it was just a CS restaurant. They had a great fried chicken sandwich with slaw, and a carrot cake that was out of sight.

I miss Bonfamille's Cafe :(. We had dinner and breakfast there on our 1998 trip. Based on occupancy rates I wish they would bring some TS restaurant back to POFQ at least for dinner.
Also miss breakfast at Boatwright's . We had there on breakfast our 1st trip.
Agree. I miss breakfast at Boatwright's. They had sweet potato pancakes that were delicious.

I used to like the breakfast at Concourse Steakhouse: they had huge, fresh sticky mickeys to die for!

Also, and this is going back, Papeete Bay Veranda (now Ohana) had a fabulous Sunday brunch buffet at one time.

I consider Akershus defunct-- used to love the non-princess full buffet there. It's like a completely different restaurant now!

I too miss Concourse Steakhouse, Tangarora Terrace and Crockett's Tavern. Also miss the make your own pizza where the campground's buffet is. You could go there, mke your own pizza, have a pitcher of beer and sing a long to the banjo player with the follow the bouncing ball on a screen. Was soo much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter