Definitive answer - Canadian park tickets with a package?

CJK

DIS Veteran
I'm still confused about whether or not you have to verify your Canadian residency before use of park tickets if you purchased them in a package. I've continued to read conflicting reports. Some say they still had to verify their passports at guest relations, whie others did not. Anyone just return from a trip where they didn't have to verify their passports for tickets booked with a package?

I think this will continue to be a problem for some time (until the date on the promotional tickets passes!) I can't speak to this year so take my comments with a grain of salt -- last year our adult kids had a package at 2 separate resorts that included the discounted tickets (it was purchased as a complete package) and they all needed to show passports. If it was me, I'd be taking no chances and hitting up a guest relations somewhere before i tried to enter a park, but then I'm just overly cautious.

Hopefully you'll get some current responses soon!

Reactions: CJK
I didn't buy a full package, but I got discounted park tickets from AMA that we used end of January/beginning of this month in Disneyland. She said that because the discount was specifically a Canadian discount we would have to provide our passports at the turnstyles the first time (which we did). So if there was some discount on the package billed as a "Canadian Discount" then I'm going to say you 100% for sure will need your passport. If it's another discount maybe not, but I'd bring your passports the first day just in case. Hope this helps!

We bought a Canadian discounted package. We at check in were told we were good to go. The reasoning? They mailed us our info to our home address in Canada for one. Its part of package but if u buy tickets separately you can give them to someone who is not canadian.

Dec 29 check in with the Canadian rate passes bought as part of our package back in Feb 2017, no passports were required

All had them ready to bring to park guest services just incase. But we were good to go

We bought a Canadian discounted package. We at check in were told we were good to go. The reasoning? They mailed us our info to our home address in Canada for one. Its part of package but if u buy tickets separately you can give them to someone who is not canadian.

Dec 29 check in with the Canadian rate passes bought as part of our package back in Feb 2017, no passports were required

All had them ready to bring to park guest services just incase. But we were good to go

Except that now they no longer mail anything to you in Canada unless you have DME (the package coupons and luggage tags with characters matching your MB are now included with the magic bands waiting for you at the resort). That could be a problem...

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance to have to go back to the resort get my passport.

When you check in they will tell you. They will see if the passes are active or if you need to go to guest services to activate. None of us had to activate and are hoping for same in August. If we do, we will bring our passports with us.

To confirm in December, we did not. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter