Deed recorded yesterday now what?

meggybear17

Mouseketeer
our new deed was recorded yesterday and our sales agent says it will take disney about two weeks for the final transfer. So in two weeks I should be able to access our account? This is our first DVC purchase. I see people post about calling DVC member services for their info, should I be doing something or just wait until I get something in the mail?

Last edited:
when I noticed our deed recorded I had to call since I didnt have the one time acct # to start up my acct. I did however have to have my membership # on hand

our new deed was recorded yesterday and our sales agent says it will take disney about two weeks for the final transfer. So in two weeks I should be able to access our account? This is our first DVC purchase. I see people post about calling DVC member services for their info, should I be doing something or just wait until I get something in the mail?

Depends on how quickly you want to access the points. If you are not needing to reserve right now you can just wait. Otherwise I'd give it a week and then you could attempt to call although there is mixed results with that. Member Administration is who you need to talk to and not everyone is helpful with getting the info and will tell you to just wait for the mail.

If you dont need to make a reservation right now wait until you get the packet in the mail. Otherwise in 10 days you can start calling MS and trying to get a member #.

And once I have my member number I can do...what exactly? Sorry still trying to learn about the process. Once I have the number I can register for online access or something and view my account and make reservations? We do have a trip planned for January that I would like to reserve but I don’t know if a week or so will make a difference in what’s available.

If you want to make a reservation for Jan. then I’d call in about 10 days - see the “closing time” thread here on DIS for current info. from others for details on how to get set up via the phone.
Once you get your membership no. from administration you’ll need to be transferred to get your activation code and then you set up/activate your online account.
Once you are have access to the member site via your online account, you can search for availability via a tab labeled ‘plan vacations’ and then ‘resort availability tool’ (aka RAT) you can book via the ‘book online’ tab, check your points via the ‘my DVC membersip’ tab, etc.. It’s a pretty easy site to navigate, but if you’re a little leery about booking that first trip online, then you can always search online to see what’s available and then call member services and they’ll book what you’ve found for you.
Oh, and :welcome:home.

We closed on our resale on March 6 and got a letter from Disney on March 22 with our membership number. Once you get your membership number, then you’ll need to call Disney to get your Club ID and one time passcode in order to create an online account. There will be a phone number to call on your letter. You don’t actually use your membership number to create an account. Every person on your contract will need to call Disney to get a Club ID and access code, so they can setup their own online accounts. Unfortunately, they won’t give you that information for everyone else on your contract. Congrats on closing!

If you want to make a reservation for Jan. then I’d call in about 10 days - see the “closing time” thread here on DIS for current info. from others for details on how to get set up via the phone.
Once you get your membership no. from administration you’ll need to be transferred to get your activation code and then you set up/activate your online account.
Once you are have access to the member site via your online account, you can search for availability via a tab labeled ‘plan vacations’ and then ‘resort availability tool’ (aka RAT) you can book via the ‘book online’ tab, check your points via the ‘my DVC membersip’ tab, etc.. It’s a pretty easy site to navigate, but if you’re a little leery about booking that first trip online, then you can always search online to see what’s available and then call member services and they’ll book what you’ve found for you.
Oh, and :welcome:home.
Thank you so much! Great info!

We closed on our resale on March 6 and got a letter from Disney on March 22 with our membership number. Once you get your membership number, then you’ll need to call Disney to get your Club ID and one time passcode in order to create an online account. There will be a phone number to call on your letter. You don’t actually use your membership number to create an account. Every person on your contract will need to call Disney to get a Club ID and access code, so they can setup their own online accounts. Unfortunately, they won’t give you that information for everyone else on your contract. Congrats on closing!

Thank you! Very helpful!

It took about 2 weeks after our deed was recorded for the points to show up in our account. The first contract, I called at 2 weeks, it took a few calls, but was able to get the numbers I needed to set up our account and get our reservation placed. If you are not in a hurry to book, not close to the 7 month window, then just wait and you will get everything you need in the mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter