Decorations Question Thanksgiving Week

the eman

Travel, camp, sail.
I have not been to WDW for Thanksgiving. My one question is about Christmas decorations. I understand that the decorating for Christmas begins well before Thanksgiving. But, I am not sure when it the decorations are complete. Is there anything special about going on Thanksgiving Day or after? That is, are there more decorations if you went to the Magic Kingdom on the Friday after vs. the Monday before Thanksgiving Day?

Thanks in advance.
the eman

I have not been to WDW for Thanksgiving. My one question is about Christmas decorations. I understand that the decorating for Christmas begins well before Thanksgiving. But, I am not sure when it the decorations are complete. Is there anything special about going on Thanksgiving Day or after? That is, are there more decorations if you went to the Magic Kingdom on the Friday after vs. the Monday before Thanksgiving Day?

Thanks in advance.
the eman

Every park and resort seems to have a goal to complete their decorations by Thanksgiving. The only exception is the MK Christmas tree, which is not erected until after the Christmas parade taping. Probably not a big difference since those dates are only four days apart.

If you are interested in seeing the candlelight processional at Epcot, that does not begin till the day after, but everything else except the tree as PP mentioned is in full swing. Enjoy!

cassie58
11/08 - ASMo & Timeshare
8/09 - CSR
11/11 - CSR

Every park and resort seems to have a goal to complete their decorations by Thanksgiving.
The only exception is the MK Christmas tree, which is not erected until after the Christmas parade taping.

Probably not a big difference since those dates are only four days apart.

Thanksgiving this year is Nov. 22.

Robo said:
Thanksgiving this year is Nov. 22.

Thanks for the update. ;)

Are you implying that the early date will change things a bit?

ETA: I think you misunderstood me. The two dates the OP mentioned (Monday before T and Friday after) are four days apart. Not T and parade taping. :)

Thanks for the info. If I understand it correctly, if a person was to visit WDW on Monday November 19, everything will be decorated for Christmas except for the Magic Kingdom tree.

Appreciate the info.
the eman

Thanks for the info. If I understand it correctly, if a person was to visit WDW on Monday November 19, everything will be decorated for Christmas except for the Magic Kingdom tree.

Everything in MAGIC KINGDOM will be decorated (except the tree.)

Everything else at WDW may or may not be fully decorated until
Thanksgiving, but things should mostly be up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter