• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your resort room?

here's one I hd saved on my computer
046-bcopy.jpg

I go another way with room decorating. Whenever we go on a trip DH and I tend to get home sick. So I pack things to make us feel more at home in the hotel. I bring bubble bath (although in Disney I get the bath bombs from DTD!), our bathrobes and slippers, a scented candle (I'm always too neurotic to light it :rotfl2: ), room spray and our stuffed elephant that sleeps with us. I might also bring a scarf or two to put over a table or light. If only we could bring our cats too! :cat: :cat:

I also always unpack our things when we first get there. When we go somewhere we like to be able to 'come home' to our room. And our fluffy LL Bean slippers feel WONDERFUL after being in the parks all day!!!! ;)

my little sister stocks up on soo many baby dolls in disney- of course, when we leave for the parks, she leaves her menagerie at the hotel, and believe it or not, the maids pose the toys in silly situations- like, one day, they were waiting for us when we got back, another time, they seemed to be eating at the hotel table- umm- they've been cuddled together in the hotal bed- it's adoreable!!

they did the same thing for my dd at ASMU. she thought it was great coming back to the room to see Pluto and Simba watching t.v. with the remote or playing cards together. they made it really fun. this year i got the window clings at the dollar tree so she could decorate. she is very excited. me too!:cool1:

ok-went to Home Depot last week to get my Mickey heads and excitement over took me because they had every color in stock-including alien green. I must have grabbed 60 of them in various colors. I left my husband and family sitting in the van while I went in. You should have seen my husband's face when I got in and had that many. He was embarrased and shaking his head in disbelief. He thinks I'm nuts. People at my church when they saw me pulling the heads off and glueing them together at a meeting also think I have totally lost it. I just don't get why people just don't get this Disney addiction we have. Anyone else having problems with family and friends not getting the concept of decorating your hotel room?

Anyone else having problems with family and friends not getting the concept of decorating your hotel room?

Oh heck, I don't even talk to my family about decorating the room-I just do my thing and surprise them. They appreciate it when its done, but they'd think I was nuts if I told them what I was doing prior to the trip. As for the friends...some are Disnuts and understand. The ones who aren't...well...so sad for them. :rotfl:

Oh how cool!!! Can you send me these names? My trip is in 3 weeks...
Edna, LeRoy, Roman, JonGregory, Lizz, Violet, Marina, Ernest & Elda..
Thanks...

I will work on them for you tomorrow after work. I didn't get to Dis
today had to clean the pool.

have a Minnie head and a princess head now did you want one of them for the girls names? here they are
1minnieheadbownamecopy.jpg

pirateprincessmickeyhead1.jpg

ok-went to Home Depot last week to get my Mickey heads and excitement over took me because they had every color in stock-including alien green. I must have grabbed 60 of them in various colors. I left my husband and family sitting in the van while I went in. You should have seen my husband's face when I got in and had that many. He was embarrased and shaking his head in disbelief. He thinks I'm nuts. People at my church when they saw me pulling the heads off and glueing them together at a meeting also think I have totally lost it. I just don't get why people just don't get this Disney addiction we have. Anyone else having problems with family and friends not getting the concept of decorating your hotel room?

OK, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I went into Home Depot and got a few colors including Alien Green. I probably got 50 or 60 but maybe five colors total. I just got a stack of a few colors. My DH would not even look at me when I was doing it. LOL He said I was stealing. I told him that the mickey heads are there for you to take home, just maybe not that many in one color. No one understands me here either and I have no friends that are that into Disney like I am. My husbands LOVES Disney but not the decorating or t-shirt designs. That's why I am on this forum everyday!!! :surfweb:

It is very lonely here also with no friends that share my love of disney. We are planning on going with a family from church in January. The mom from the other family called my cell phone today while I was at dollar tree looking for items to have a "tink" visit at night for our kids-I told her my idea and she said "you're kiding right?" When I told her I was serious she said and I quote "you are a little over the top with this Disney stuff Shauna. I am worried about you", I proceeded to tell her I was just fine and that after she goes to Disney for the first time she may have a better understanding of why I love it so much. My DH also felt getting that many mickey heads from HD was stealing. Count me as a diamond in the rough thief!

I think your tink idea is fantastic shaunaluvsdisney! I'd do it even if she thinks its over the top because the kids would love it. don't let a party pooper rain on your parade.

as for having a lot of mickey heads, its no worse than the people who going to sams club to have lunch on the free samples!

shauna, they just don't have a clue do they? on everyone of our disney trips, i've done the tinkerbell treasures for our dd. she is 7 now and has been getting them everynight of our trip since she was 2. we went to wdw 6 different vacations last yr and i got her a treasure for all of those trips. she loves getting them. we vacumn pack our 40 disney plush to put in our window at pop. i will not go to the world without my hd mickeys all over our window and door. we are all thieves!!! i'm glad you brought up the treasures. we leave for disneyland this thurs. and i don't have a one. got to run to the dollar store!!! honey, show them how it is done. spread the magic!!:thumbsup2
have a good trip!!
mousiemom

Just got back from WDW. We stayed at the Allstar Sports. This was our first trip to WDW so we didn't know what to expect when we got there. Reading this thread gave me so many great ideas for decorating my window and door. But I was disappointed that no one else but my best friend and I decorated our windows and doors. I was ready to see all kinds of decorating going on. Anyway, our rooms could definitely be noticed. I did want to mention though that our maid did say that they don't like you to use scotch tape on the door because it takes the paint off. I used magnetic paper when making my decorations for the door.:artist:

OH YES i AM ALWAYS GIVEN STRANGE LOOKS AND COMMENTS FROM THE FAMILY!!:rotfl2:

OK, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I went into Home Depot and got a few colors including Alien Green. I probably got 50 or 60 but maybe five colors total. I just got a stack of a few colors. My DH would not even look at me when I was doing it. LOL He said I was stealing. I told him that the mickey heads are there for you to take home, just maybe not that many in one color. No one understands me here either and I have no friends that are that into Disney like I am. My husbands LOVES Disney but not the decorating or t-shirt designs. That's why I am on this forum everyday!!! :surfweb:

And plus...

At least we're using them. I mean, people throw them away after they come to the conclusion that it's not or is the right color. We save them. :rolleyes1

Tracie you are the best!!! Yeah, do the girls with the pincess and the boys regular b & w. Do Lizz with the minnie head.
Thank you!!!

Ok I will get on them as soon as DH brings my laptop home from work, he took it this morning to do something for work. So I just called him and told him he was holding my mickey heads hostage. Will get them done tonight.

Tracie
PS Elda is a girl right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter