Decorating your resort room?

I think I am going to try and cut out snowflakes in the shape of Mickey heads...and make garland out of the paint samples from HD...red, green and lime green of course!!! Just got my ressie for CP...I am soooo excited!

wow! i just finished reading the WHOLE thread!! you guys have some great ideas! we are going to the POP oct 27th for the mnsshp...and then it's off to the disney wonder halloween cruise!! After that, we are back for a few more days at the POP.
I'm not a crafty or creative person, but i really want to do some sort of decorating. We usually go to the world in january, but trying something diff this year, and going for halloween. Should be able to come up with some sort of decorating theme. I want to decorate the hotel, and also do something special for the cruise. We will be celebrating our 10 yr. anniv., and i'd like to be "sneaky" and plan some fun decorations so that dh will be surprised! Anyone have any ideas for an anniversary? i know i saw someone post about floral garland...

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
so someone in NJ is taking away a little childs lime green dreams too??!! :teeth:

The POP windows are a bit small, but a light lovin' person could make it look SPECTACULAR!!! we always have fun :)

Alrighty all i'm off to bed and if you live in Elgin near the HD on Randall Road, sorry i took all the ALien Greens today!!!!!!!

Nitey nite!
I AM GOING TO HD TOMORROW TO GET MY MICKEY HEADS. I CANT RESIST!!!! FOR THOSE WHO ARE WORRIED ABOUT BREAKING A KIDS DREAM OF A LIME GREEN ROOM....HAVE NO FEAR. MY DD ROOM IS LIME GREEN WALLS WITH TINK PINK TRIM AND DOORS. THE SAMPLE WAS GONE FOR THE TINK PINK BUT WE STILL SAW THE COLOR ON THE DISPLAY.

:teeth: thanks Minnie of two mice! good to see kids dreams still come true!!

as far as decorating for an anniversary, find those wedding bells for your window (they sell them in party stores and they ROUND out) just hang them from the top of hte window!! and then look for something like that, in a sign format to put IN your window OR on the door and write on it so and sos ANNIVERSARY!!!

put the mickey/minnie bride groom hats in the window!

Where have you all been finding your Halloween decorations? I haven't seen them out yet at Target, Walmart, etc. At the dollar store, there were some pumpkins, but everything else was just for fall, like leaf stuff, and Christmas already!

I NEED to go to Home Depot soon and get lime green, orange, and black Mickey heads. I need to go several times, because I'm too scared to take too many at a time. But, if I go several times, they might recognize me and be on the lookout for the Mickey head stealer!! I know, I know, I am a big chicken!! :donald: <----------okay, I know that Donald isn't a chicken, but he's a bird!!! :teeth:

Edited to add: Hey, where did my countdown ticker go??? I'll have to work on that!

Does Anyone Know If Any Of The Resorts Frown On This? We Are Staying At The Polynesian. I Dont Recall Anyone From The Polynesian On The Previous Pages. I Have My Stuff Already. If You Have Problems Pulling The Mickey Head Off The Cards, (from Hd) Just Stick Them In The Microwave For A Few Seconds To Loosen The Glue.

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
as far as decorating for an anniversary, find those wedding bells for your window (they sell them in party stores and they ROUND out) just hang them from the top of hte window!! and then look for something like that, in a sign format to put IN your window OR on the door and write on it so and sos ANNIVERSARY!!!

put the mickey/minnie bride groom hats in the window!
awww!! great ideas!! i'm so glad i found this thread!
to tell you the truth, a few years back, when we stayed on property for the first time, we saw windows all decorated. I was kinda jealous... we saw the towel animals and such in the window, and just figured it was the mousekeeping that jazzed up the rooms!! Little did i know it was creative people like you all! and now i'm going to be one of the creative ones too!!! I can't wait! Dh and the dc's will have NO idea!!!

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
If You Have Problems Pulling The Mickey Head Off The Cards, (from Hd) Just Stick Them In The Microwave For A Few Seconds To Loosen The Glue.
forgive me for sounding really naive...but is this what you do? i was thinking i was gonna have to cut out all those little boogers!!! i didn't realize they pull right off?

I am off to HD today to get some lime green, green and red mickey heads to make my garland...DFi and DS think I am nuts...

We have always decorated our window. We usually display the photos we get on rides and any disney related toys the kids get on the trip. I had never heard of the lime green mickey heads until I joined here about a month ago. We went to home depot and took 7 (I figured that was all I would need and didn't want to monopolize the lgmh's! lol). I think we will put one in our window and wear the rest. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. My decorating has always been unplanned. lol

I know this was posted before, but I just received a great set of MM string lights from Ebay...I gotta start packing my christmas decoration box for my trip...I also got a Lenox Mickey Mouse Club Ears ornament...keep the ideas coming. I LOVE this thread!

Hey everyone,
Keep those ideas coming. I too am having a hard time finding thimgs for my window!
I live in a very rural area and have to drive 20 miles just to get to a grocery store.
We do have a HD though and I have gotten some Mickey Heads!!! My computer also
doesn't work so I have to go to my mom's house to use her computer--(Have to wait
til AFTER my trip to WDW to buy a new one!) I am really missing talking to everyone here and reading all the great ideas everyday!!! DisneyMommyMichelle--thanks for all the work you have been doing to keep all of our boxes straight, you are a TROOPER!!
Hope to see some of you when we get there! I'm going to make a button from my
lime green MH! If you see me say Hi! :banana: :wave2: :sunny:

When we went at Christmas 2004 we didn't know you could decorate, but we were going at Christmas! So we bought a foot tall tree from the $1 store and a bunch of tiny decorations and put it on top of the tv. We took all Christmas cards we had received and put them in the window and we hung stockings on the dresser drawers. It made it more "homey" when we returned to the room every night.
Think I may try the red and green Mickey head garland for the window this year. Thanks for some great ideas.

Hi :wave: New here - I think I've read through every single post on this thread :surfweb: and I didn't see anyone post the resort window dimensions? (I'm blurry-eyed at this point, so maybe I missed it.) I'm so excited to decorate my window at Pop in January, but I'm one of the "blueprint" people and would love to know the window dimensions?? Anyone? Thanks!

ok I have to ask! What department do you get them in in home Depot?? I have never seen them and on the other hand I honestly wasn't looking! I am due for another Home Depot trip this week and now how will I ever explain this to DH?? :lmao: Honey, I have to go and get some green Mickey heads!!!! :rotfl2: The man is already convinced I am crazy and is very concerned with my attachment to this site!!! :surfweb:

DH will learn to live with DIS as I learned to live with his laundry! :teeth:

Thanks I can't wait to go to Home Depot now and finish off one of the 50 porjects I have going around here!

the Fidge said:
ok I have to ask! What department do you get them in in home Depot?? I have never seen them and on the other hand I honestly wasn't looking! I am due for another Home Depot trip this week and now how will I ever explain this to DH?? :lmao: Honey, I have to go and get some green Mickey heads!!!! :rotfl2: The man is already convinced I am crazy and is very concerned with my attachment to this site!!! :surfweb:

DH will learn to live with DIS as I learned to live with his laundry! :teeth:

Thanks I can't wait to go to Home Depot now and finish off one of the 50 porjects I have going around here!
THEY ARE IN THE PAINT DEPT. THEY ARE DISNEY COLOR PAINT SAMPLES. THE HD IN MY AREA IN MEMPHIS TN COULD CARE LESS HOW MANY YOU WANT OR TAKE. HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDoobee said:
Where have you all been finding your Halloween decorations? I haven't seen them out yet at Target, Walmart, etc. At the dollar store, there were some pumpkins, but everything else was just for fall, like leaf stuff, and Christmas already!

:confused3

For those of you who have little girls who love the princess' as much as mine does, they have a really sweet tablecloth (plastic) at wal-Mart. We cut one side off and then used wet/dry markers to make a huge banner for in our window exclaiming it's our DD's birthday. You could use it also for a door cover or do what we are planning on doing... I couldn't pass up the matching princess plates. They are heart shaped and we are going to fasten them to the door along with everything else we have planned. I'll be sure to take pictures to share when we get back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter