Decorating your resort room?

I am making garland out of my "Borrowed" Mickey Heads from HD. My family and I have been cutting and making a long garland of Mickey Heads!! More ideas also Please!!!
DisneyMommyMichelle said:
Another Thought :idea:

I'm thinking of decorating the frame AROUND the door with a garland of some sort!! just thought i would throw that option out there too!!

with all these great ideas and all the stuff i am bringing down this yr. i KNOW i will be in the furthest possible room in a building all alone! :laughing:

we did this!!

000_2046.jpg

okay ideas:

for a birthday or christmas (we're doing this for christmas there next year)

"wrap" the door in wrapping paper so that it looks like a bi present!!! just make sure to cut out around the door handle and peep hole!!! the put ribbon horizontally and vertically so it looks like the BOW!!! :)

TARGET $1 spot has magnetic letters and numbers in a little tube!!
i bought two of the letters so that i can spell out where i am going on each day!!

On a piece of pape i wrote:

TODAY we are at:

and then i would use the letters to put:
MK
MGM
EPCOT
AK
MNSSHP

!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Cute ideas!

I was also thinking that if you are planning on scrapbooking taking a family photo or a photo of just the kids by this might be a cute way to make your "headlines" or titles of each day in the scrapbook pages. You could even add the date somewhere.

I am in box #2 and leaving for Disney in 23 days!!!!! :cool1: Hubby and I will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary (without kids). I got some 'window chalk' to write on the window and some flower garland that I was going to put mickey heads on. Any other ideas to let others know this is a very special trip. I can't wait, counting down each day. Got the word that our box was in Florida!!!! :goodvibes This has been so much fun planning.

Wanted to mention that we were at Pop July 6 - 10 and in the 50's section there were about 10 - 15 windows decorated in Mickey and Minnie Mouse and welcome to Disney's Pop Century and their dates. It was so cute that I took a closer look only to discover that it had been drawn by hand and I am pretty sure they used the window markers. I kept thinking, what a great idea.

I was thinking about using the markers to decorate our window for my son's 21st birthday trip in a few weeks.

i cannot find this window chalk anywhere!!!!! what am i doing wrong!?!

i like the floral garland! i think will try Autumn leaf garland with mickey heads!!! ;)

tammy said:
Wanted to mention that we were at Pop July 6 - 10 and in the 50's section there were about 10 - 15 windows decorated in Mickey and Minnie Mouse and welcome to Disney's Pop Century and their dates. It was so cute that I took a closer look only to discover that it had been drawn by hand and I am pretty sure they used the window markers. I kept thinking, what a great idea.

I was thinking about using the markers to decorate our window for my son's 21st birthday trip in a few weeks.

Tammy, I will also be there with my son celebrating his 21st birthday!! His birthday was in February, but we couldn't go then, so this is is birthday trip! I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with. I'm so uncreative, it's not funny. All I can think of at the moment, is making a garland of Mickey heads and birthday cakes and writing "21" on the cakes.

When are you going?

With the window chal you can pretty mcuh write anything! family names, DIS names, Happy birthday, happy fall, happy Holloween, that kinda thing! i've seen some people draw mickey and such with them!

When you say window chalk, is it like window paint that can be cleaned off. Like they use on restaurant windows? Or is it really chalk? :confused3

Michelle,

I found the window chalk in target near the scrapbooking and gift wrap supplies... just kind of hanging there. they didn't have many colors to pick from, so I have white and red. The floral garland actually has 'tikki' thinkgs hanging from it (aloha party stuff), but I figured I can 'cut' the tikki things and put mickey heads on there.

i cannot find this window chalk anywhere!!!!! what am i doing wrong!?!

i like the floral garland! i think will try Autumn leaf garland with mickey heads!!! ;)

I just found this thread. You all have some great Ideas. We will be at Port Orleans Riverside Nov. 29 thru Dec. 6. I will have to think on this some.

Our the window decorating boxes only at POP.

thanks for the info :)

As far as the decorating boxes, yes i started the thread only for POP :) :yay: you can see if you get enough interest for your resort! i threw it out there as an idea and then BOOM! my list is huge on the POP window boxes :)

:yay: i'm off to TARGET today hopefully!! :yay:

i want to get these and try them out and then see how and what i need to get it off so that i can add the cleaning supplies to the window box with directions :)

Tammy, I will also be there with my son celebrating his 21st birthday!! His birthday was in February, but we couldn't go then, so this is is birthday trip! I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with. I'm so uncreative, it's not funny. All I can think of at the moment, is making a garland of Mickey heads and birthday cakes and writing "21" on the cakes.

Hey, we will be staying at the All Star Sports (which I am trying to change to POP) We will be there August 23 - August 31. I was thinking of writing/drawing happy birthday, something really simple. I am not that creative either. My son has a t-shirt that reads 21 or Bust, so I am going to incorporate that somehow.

I haven't seen the window chalk only the markers which are basically non-permanent markers. I too want to try them out first. I've gotta get moving :moped: .

Hi! I will be in Disney for Xmas...how about a wreath on the door with Mickey Heads? Any other ideas? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter