Decorating your resort room?

Has anyone put decals on the outside of the window? I would like to decorate our window with decals/clings, but most of the ones I see are the Roommates/Fathead-type that are meant for walls - I can't put them on the inside of the window (unless I tape them up, I suppose), but I could apply them to the outside of the window. Thoughts?

We had a Halloween wreath on the outside of our door using a magnet to hang it and had no problems with that. Did not see anything such as clings on the outside of windows however.

Has anyone put decals on the outside of the window? I would like to decorate our window with decals/clings, but most of the ones I see are the Roommates/Fathead-type that are meant for walls - I can't put them on the inside of the window (unless I tape them up, I suppose), but I could apply them to the outside of the window. Thoughts?

I wouldn't do it unless you want someone to steal them.

We always do a themed window. I plan it as a surprise. I wouldn't put anything outside because it might get stolen or destroyed. Youre only limited by your imagination.

We used suction cup hooks to hang lights; we also used fishing line to hang other items (laminated signs, etc.) from the hooks. Otherwise we used window decals.

I was so disappointed! After I read @middlesista post about the Mickey light up, I immediately went to Walgreen's to buy one. They no longer carry ANY Disney Christmas stuff like they have in the past! Just a few ornaments.
I've been all over our area looking for something Disney type for our CBR window and no luck. Lots of cute Christmas stuff though...:confused3.

Am I the only one who doesn't get this?

No offence to those who do it and love to do it, each to their own - If you enjoy it, then why not

But surely on vacation there is enough to plan and organise without decorating a perfectly clean window? Also, doesnt it clash with disney's carefully planned theming?

Again, maybe I'm missing something....

No offence to those who do it and love to do it, each to their own - If you enjoy it, then why not

But surely on vacation there is enough to plan and organise without decorating a perfectly clean window? Also, doesnt it clash with disney's carefully planned theming?

Maybe you just don't have the Christmas OCD (over Christmas decorating) gene :santa:! Lol.
Because I will be at WDW up until 3 days prior to Christmas Eve, I decorate and do stockings, and a few gifts. We coordinate Christmas outfits and have a merry old time! It's actually part of my Christmas celebration!
I love my family being together, no one lives anywhere near anymore, so this is my opportunity to share the holiday joy! I even bake and bring special Christmas cookies with me... (It just wouldn't be the holidays without some of "Nonna's cookies".)
Our vacations at WDW are so much more than theme parks! And celebrating with pretty lights and window clings is all part of that!
I guess what I want to say is, for me it's not drudgery, or work, it's joyful and uplifting! party:

We decorated our window in May 2015 at Pop Century! Instead of using clings, we used suction cups and made little banners out of cardstock and scrapbook stickers. I loved how it looked: lights would have been cool but I thought ours was really cute!

17744063435_8bbdb8b8f6_z.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm going to re-use these ones or make new ones that are a little bigger: these ones are only a couple inches long.

We decorated our window in May 2015 at Pop Century! Instead of using clings, we used suction cups and made little banners out of cardstock and scrapbook stickers. I loved how it looked: lights would have been cool but I thought ours was really cute!

17744063435_8bbdb8b8f6_z.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm going to re-use these ones or make new ones that are a little bigger: these ones are only a couple inches long.
I LOVE it! So creative!

I agree WHY! It just added stuff to pack

I agree WHY! Its just added stuff to pack and I don't see the need for it.

I agree WHY! Its just added stuff to pack and I don't see the need for it.

BECAUSE, it's a joy for myself and others!
No one is asking YOU to decorate your room or windows, nor am I judging you for NOT decorating!:confused3 So please take your judgment about what I CHOOSE to do ony vacation and post on another thread.
Different strokes for different folks!
Thank you!:thanks:[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter