Decorating the Door?

djacques

First Trip Aug 08
I keep hereing everybody talk about decorating the windows or the door. What are ya'll talking about? The door and windows in our hotel room? I was curious!! I kind of like the idea but wanted to make sure i was understanding everyone correctly!! My hubby said i was crazy when i said i wanted to write on the car the day we leave "Disney Bound"!!

Yes! Many DISers like to decorate the window or door of their hotel room. I will be staying at Pop in Dec 2008 and plan on decorating my window with snowflake clings, lime green Mickey heads and some christmas ornatments. Some DISers have even put something on their door for people to sign. A dry erase board or a piece of paper. There are many good ideas on the DIS.

Hi and Welcome to the Dis

Many people decorate their doors in hotels they also do it on the cruises

we just went this past April I unfortunalty left all my door decorations home

but Lovetoscrap and her DD took care of me and shared theirs.

we saw other doors decorated too some identifying people as DISERS.

I decorated our window at the CBR last year. I thought my husband would die of embarassment but, after I told him all about the boards and how everybody decorated their doors and window, he jumped on the bandwagon too. I had the lime green Mickey heads with my diser name on it and then more Mickey heads with our first names on them. I don't know if any disers saw the decorations but I had fun doing it.

:cool1: We used a wonderful POTC Jack Sparrow poster with snowflake clings, even brought some for MIL to use, they loved it. DH even liked it. Then the day we left (we do not have kids) I saw a cute little guy waiting with his parents to check in and gave it all to him....his magic hopefully started then. If you are staying at POP or AllStars the windows do not have panes and you can basically put up anything you want. I am going with my lime green this year.:santa:

Never know you may get a car riding down to disney at the same time and you can drive together.;)

We've made 40 trips to WDW since 1977 and I've never seen one door or window decorated, might be we don't pay attention, our room has no window, only the sliding door facing the pool and we tend to be loners. When we're in WDW, we keep a low profile, I even hate being accosted in a park for a survey and just say no thanks and move away, really don't like starting up conversations with others. Now maybe around the pool, having a few drinks I might chat alittle but other than that, rather not be know as a Dis Board person. So, no we don't decorate doors or windows and wear no lime green mickey heads.

We always spend time during the Christmas holidays and decorate our door and windows every year (we also bring a little tree for the room). Lights around the balcony have been great. :santa:

On a recent DCL trip I found lots of room decorations too, but everyone used special tape or backing to put the decorations up. Does anyone know what they use?

I found some peel and stick magnets that I'm going to use to put a big piece of lime green posterboard on our door for Disers to sign, we used dry erase boards last year which were really cute but the messages kept getting messed up. I also found a string of orange lights which will go perfectly with the Halloween decorations for the window.

Maggie

We always spend time during the Christmas holidays and decorate our door and windows every year (we also bring a little tree for the room). Lights around the balcony have been great. :santa:

On a recent DCL trip I found lots of room decorations too, but everyone used special tape or backing to put the decorations up. Does anyone know what they use?

I decorated my door on a recent Disney cruise, and used magnetic printer paper, and also bought a roll of magnetic tape. You can only use magnets on the doors.............no tape allowed. :thumbsup2

I see plenty of decorated windows, doors and resort rooms when we go, although I think it seems to be more prevalent (from my own observations) in the moderates and values, but around the holidays you see them at all the resorts.

one of my favorite memories is staying @ FW in the 'log homes' --- the 1st. time, we had no idea how everyone decorates their 'homes ' for Christmas -- so the next time, i was ready with lights inside and out and a small tree with D ornaments for Christmas morning-- enjoy, no matter what you do ;)

We are going on our first disney cruise this September and are trying to get new ideas for our door. We have the supplies but not the creative juices. Hopefully when its done, I can post a pic. Do most post pictures of their children on the door? Want to include them, but a little hesitant.

For our last Nov/Dec trip we decorated the windows of our rooms at POP. Before we left, we had a little "pre-Disney Disney" party (as we do everytime) where we made some luggage tags with the Mickey Heads from Home Depot and we also decorated some foam gingerbread people, christmas trees, & snowmen with some glitter glue and these were hung on the windows with some peppermint lights. They came out really cute and it was a great way to get the kids all excited for our trip and a great way to start Disney magic. :thumbsup2

Disney is not a vacation, it's a lifestyle

I can't wait to do some decorating when I go down in Sept! I just read that no tape is allowed on the windows/doors. Can you use the 3M removable hooks? :confused:

I can't wait to do some decorating when I go down in Sept! I just read that no tape is allowed on the windows/doors. Can you use the 3M removable hooks? :confused:

I used plain scotch tape on the windows and magnets on the door when we stayed at the CBR. I just made sure that I removed all tape and any stickiness (hardly any) from the window when we left.

Does anyone ever decorate when they are staying off-site? We are planning a trip in October of 2009 at Bonnet Creek, and I'm thinking of decorating there. Any comments, or suggestions?

I have no idea yet how I am decorating my door/window. I have picked up the LGMH and other decorations. We will see how it comes together once we get there. I am not going to have a specific plan. I would like to put a poster board on my door for disers to sign though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter