Decorating room & Arcade times

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
Our son is turning 6 on our trip. We're staying at AoA and I was thinking of having Dad take the kids to the arcade so I could decorate our room as a surprise. I want to decorate before we go the park in the morning.

What time does the arcade open, early enough to go before rope drop? If not, what could I do to get them out of the room? I'm thinking I'd only need about 10-15 min.

Has anyone decorated a room for a birthday surprise?

I know a few years ago, the arcade at POR went 24/7. It is probably the same at all the resorts.

You can decorate the room, but you must NOT use tape of any kind - anything that leaves a residue behind.

A lot of people use balloons (except at AKL) and cling-ons on the windows.

You can also hang things with magnets on the doors, since they are metal.

You can do a search on decorating the room.

I decorated our room at BLT for my son's 11th birthday last month. He was so tired from a full day at the park, I did it all while he was asleep:)

I ordered a personalized birthday banner and some other decorations from Birthday Express. Everything was Disney-themed (large Mickey confetti, table centerpiece, etc.). I chose things that were easy to pack in the bottom of our suitcase. The only thing I needed to hang was the banner. It came with a reinforced hole at each corner -- I brought along some Command hooks. I ended up using two of them, and they worked perfectly.

Someone mentioned in another thread that you should be careful using Command products, but mine worked just as advertised -- easy removal without any damage to the paint or wall.

I also brought along some birthday cards that relatives had given me before our trip. My husband couldn't join us on our trip :sad2:, so he gave me some little gifts and a card to give DS.

My son woke up on his birthday and was VERY surprised!

Make sure the hotel knows it's his birthday (I told them when I made the resrvation). My son received a fun phone message later in the day from some Disney friends! :cool1:

I can't answer your question about the arcade.

Have a great trip!

.....You can also hang things with magnets on the doors, since they are metal.....

I decorated our room at BLT for my son's 11th birthday last month. He was so tired from a full day at the park, I did it all while he was asleep:)

I ordered a personalized birthday banner and some other decorations from Birthday Express. Everything was Disney-themed (large Mickey confetti, table centerpiece, etc.). I chose things that were easy to pack in the bottom of our suitcase. The only thing I needed to hang was the banner. It came with a reinforced hole at each corner -- I brought along some Command hooks. I ended up using two of them, and they worked perfectly.

Someone mentioned in another thread that you should be careful using Command products, but mine worked just as advertised -- easy removal without any damage to the paint or wall.

I also brought along some birthday cards that relatives had given me before our trip. My husband couldn't join us on our trip :sad2:, so he gave me some little gifts and a card to give DS.

My son woke up on his birthday and was VERY surprised!

Make sure the hotel knows it's his birthday (I told them when I made the resrvation). My son received a fun phone message later in the day from some Disney friends! :cool1:

I can't answer your question about the arcade.

Have a great trip!

I like the idea of decorating while they are sleeping!

As for decorating the doors, do you use the magnets on the outside also? I saw some pictures of decorations on the outside of the door, but I'm not sure how they attached it.

DCL just posted a message about not using the Command type hooks because they have caused damage to their finishes. They require magnet only.

DCL just posted a message about not using the Command type hooks because they have caused damage to their finishes. They require magnet only.

Thanks! :thanks:

Now I'm off to see if there are any threads on how to decorate the inside of the room. All I've thought of so far is since we're driving down to bring one of those small things to blow up balloons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter