Decorating my ECV

lindabee

Earning My Ears
We are going to be in WDW mid-December, and I would like to decorate my ECV. It is my own, not a rental, and I'm looking for ideas (photos if available). Please help.:santa:

I don't have photos, but I did see someone with a power chair that was decorated with flashing Mickey head Xmas lights. It was pretty neat. :)

I'm glad you asked this question, I was wondering the same thing, after renting an ECV for the past 7 years I decided to take the plunge and purchase a pride GoGo which I can bring with me from the UK.

I've seen a pretty awesome toy story chair before now!

Any ideas would be great and I would LOVE to see some pics :)

Cat

I'm just renting, but for my trip in December I wanted to decorate as well. I'm thinking of LED/battery lights. In addition, I thought I'd see if I could find or make some felt antlers, and I may hang a stocking off the back of the seat or something. I haven't decided what all I'm going to attempt to try.

Suggestions and pictures are always welcome! :santa:

I have my scooter full of Disney stickers they are just cheep paper ones we had a hard time finding stickers that I liked so I found sticker books have lots of them. If I was going in December it would be full of Christmas Disney stickers

We rented from Apple and decorated my moms ECV as Cinderella's carriage. She was the coachman driving it. We decorated using wire and battery lights. Turned out pretty!

I am just going with a strand of battery powered lights. I had ordered a "spotter" to be made (along with our FE for the cruise!) but, 11 days before leaving, discovered that the lady making it is not able to complete it. So, I wont be having that part of it to use. (Which I was looking forward to) This is the first trip for me with my own ECV, so, I would love to see what others have done too!

The ECV (is that right? we call them scooters in the UK!) that we rented for my mum didn't have any lights and in the evenings she was hard to see so we got the Buzz & Tink lights from the drinks and clipped them around - she then attracted kids so it didn't work too well for alerting others to her presence for safety reasons :rotfl:

Anyway they we found some discounted glo-sticks in Walmart which worked pretty well!

When we went to Universal she couldn't resist the little ET toy to put in the basket with a blanket like he was in the bike basket in the movie! She also bought some Mickey 'furry dice' to hang on the back!

Nothing too extravagant but it was fun :goodvibes

We're renting a scooter for my mother this trip in November and I plan on decorating it for her 70th birthday with a banner I made . I also went to the dollar store and bought those glow sticks that you snap and shake. The sticks glow for a good long time and were cheap.

Anyone else have any more ideas, suggestions, or experiences that you would share with the rest of us that are wanting to decorate an ECV/scooter? :wizard:

And pictures would still be awesome as well.

Anyone decorate their ECV and have any learning experiences you'd like to share with us so we don't repeat those mistakes? :tigger:

if you can sew.
You can make a cover for the back rest out of felt material. easy to work with because it doesn't fray.

Then you could decorate it with disney patches (use fabric glue its easy to attach them with). Or you could sew them on too.
If you have an embroidery machine you could write something on a contrasting color of felt. Then glue that on. Merry Christmas, or what ever you like. If you had an embroidery machine you could make different disney characters or xmas things and then glue them on the seat cover.

One year a I picked up a pair of those reindeer antlers for a car.
It has a nose too. So I where they attach to the car window, just attached to the scooter basket with duck tape.

Yes, bring tape to help fasten things to your scooter. You also want to bring a scissors, to cut the tape if you need to. In a pinch I borrowed tape from the front desk out at the lobby, don't forget to tell them you need the scissors too.

Anyone else have any more ideas, suggestions, or experiences that you would share with the rest of us that are wanting to decorate an ECV/scooter? :wizard:

Anyone decorate their ECV and have any learning experiences you'd like to share with us so we don't repeat those mistakes? :tigger:

I went last December and decorated my Go Go. I just did a basic Xmas design. I bought a candle ring and used that as a wreath which I attached to the front basket. I used colored battery operated LCD lights that flashed and wove those through the wreath. I bought some lightweight flat glittery ornaments that said Merry Christmas and hung that in the center of the wreath and off the back seat. Very simple and easy to travel with. I got a lot of complements.

If Mum ends up needing a ECV, I'll bring some glow bracelets to put around it for night time, so it lights up. And tie ribbon round it so we can see which one is hers.

I went to a halloween party as a rubber duckie...Yellow poncho (watch the length), baseball cap painted yellow with the bill painted orange, yellow fuzzy slippers with duck toes painted on slightly... Covered the scooter pretty well...you know, ducks are a little bottom heavy, anyway...;)

I suggest you look into the little LED lights that are battery powered. There are more choices out there since the holidays are coming up.

There are also a lot of lights out there that are headlights for bicycles or something like that. If your ECV does not have a light in front it may help. I have a light for my wheelchair and it helps with getting through crowds.

I suggest you look into the little LED lights that are battery powered. There are more choices out there since the holidays are coming up.

There are also a lot of lights out there that are headlights for bicycles or something like that. If your ECV does not have a light in front it may help. I have a light for my wheelchair and it helps with getting through crowds.

I've been pricing the LED battery lights, and as soon as I can catch them on sale, I'm getting a set. I also ducked into our local Dollar General store yesterday on a whim, and they were putting out huge holographic bows for $1. I picked up a silver and a gold figuring one or the other will work with the other decorations. :cool1:

I'm also bringing a light-weight flashlight that is on a lanyard so I can have light if the rental doesn't have a good one. Tape, scissors, and some type of cording or string has all now been added to my packing list so I can decorate the rental when I get there without damaging the ECV. :thumbsup2

I know it's probably going to end up gaudy and way overdone, but oh well. And I know that if I can pull off even some of my ideas I won't have any trouble identifying which one is mine when I get off a ride. :rotfl: The reason? This trip is one of my big "bucket list" trips, and I've now been actively planning it since March. Waiting another month is going to drive me crazy! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter