Decorating Hotel Windows

Okay - I love it! And we will be at Pop next weekend! I cannot believe I haven't even thought about doing this yet!!! :upsidedow So, I have this weekend to go get lime green poster board and think up some decorations, etc! :idea: I'm open to additional suggestions ....... :confused3

Thanks! :goodvibes And don't worry - you still have time to plan a window! Let's see. . .how about going to Walgreen's or your local Dollar Store to find some Disney window clings to put in your window? And you could also go to your local craft store and find some scrapbooking embellishments - they should have plenty of Disney and spring-like & summer embellishments right now! My local Michael's store has tons of Disney scrapbooking supplies. You can also look for free Disney clipart on the internet - just be sure it's free to for the public to use. . .I've found a few sites out there. If you are going to WDW to celebrate a special occasion, be sure to put it on your posterboard! Also, here is a picture of the posterboards I made to put on our door for people to sign. I also punched a hole in the top of the posterboard and attached a pen with curling ribbon so people could sign the posterboard. It was full by the time we left! The second posterboard and "snooty-face" on the door were for a group of DISers called "The Mayers" who all went in May last year. . .oh, and don't mind me posing with my lime green Baggallini! :teeth:

MewithourDecoratedPopDoor.jpg

I almost forgot! You can also go to your local party store (like Party City) and pick up some string lights to hang in your window. . .I bought some last year that were in the shape of flowers and they were awesome! I just forgot to bring them to Orlando with me! :rotfl2: Only paid about $8 for them. . .if you do this, though, be sure to bring along some suction cup hooks to hang the lights in the window. And you'll most likely need an extension cord because the electrical outlet isn't close enough to the window for you to plug them in.

Also, if you have any Disney plush, you can put them in your window too!

And here I THOUGHT I was getting ahead of the game, finally finished Disney Vacation notebook with all important info, hours, schedule, spreadsheet, packing list. But I completely forgot about the window. Thinking of using home depot mickeys to form the state of Virginia, but that theme may change.

bumping....I would love to see some pictures of decorated windows if anyone has them. We are thinking of doing it this July!

TSMAMI,

If you're going around the 4th of July, you could create an awesome Fourth of July window using Disney window clings, small American flags, maybe some Memorial Day/Fourth of July embellishments from your local craft store and some red, white and blue string lights from the party store. . .you could also make an awesome patriotic posterboard for people to sign. . .

If not, how about a summer beach party themed window with Disney window clings and luau-themed items from your local party store?

Ha! I love it! Glad to see this thread was brought back to life after quite a while! I have been out buying things for my windows this week! I got a bunch of the Mickey heads like in the PP's picture, I got a bunch of window clings of Pooh, Tink, and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang and we will put our stuffed animals, towel animals.. ( if we get some!!) and I got some little resin Mickey figurines for the window as well! I can't wait to "move in" to the ASMu and decorate! :)

And here I THOUGHT I was getting ahead of the game, finally finished Disney Vacation notebook with all important info, hours, schedule, spreadsheet, packing list. But I completely forgot about the window. Thinking of using home depot mickeys to form the state of Virginia, but that theme may change.

For me, that's the fun part about planning. . .it seems that there's always something more to do!

I love your Mickey head idea! When are you going down to WDW?

Ha! I love it! Glad to see this thread was brought back to life after quite a while! I have been out buying things for my windows this week! I got a bunch of the Mickey heads like in the PP's picture, I got a bunch of window clings of Pooh, Tink, and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang and we will put our stuffed animals, towel animals.. ( if we get some!!) and I got some little resin Mickey figurines for the window as well! I can't wait to "move in" to the ASMu and decorate! :)

Woo-hoo! Disney Window decorators unite! I've received towel animals from the Pop the last two times I went - they were really cute!

You'll all have to post your decorated window pictures when you return - I'd love to see them!

Thanks! :goodvibes And don't worry - you still have time to plan a window! Let's see. . .how about going to Walgreen's or your local Dollar Store to find some Disney window clings to put in your window? And you could also go to your local craft store and find some scrapbooking embellishments - they should have plenty of Disney and spring-like & summer embellishments right now! My local Michael's store has tons of Disney scrapbooking supplies. You can also look for free Disney clipart on the internet - just be sure it's free to for the public to use. . .I've found a few sites out there. If you are going to WDW to celebrate a special occasion, be sure to put it on your posterboard! Also, here is a picture of the posterboards I made to put on our door for people to sign. I also punched a hole in the top of the posterboard and attached a pen with curling ribbon so people could sign the posterboard. It was full by the time we left! The second posterboard and "snooty-face" on the door were for a group of DISers called "The Mayers" who all went in May last year. . .oh, and don't mind me posing with my lime green Baggallini! :teeth:

MewithourDecoratedPopDoor.jpg

Just looked back a bit, I don't know how I missed this photo! Funny thing! I was a Mayer last year! :) I swear I stayed in the same room as you! If not very close, same angle, same building etc.. I'm trying to find out my room number, (checking old stuff to see if I have it written down somewhere!:confused3 ) I was there May 10th-13th. If you were there at the same time then it wouldn't be the same room but I swear that room number rings a bell with me! I had a lot of fun last year on the Mayer's thread! As of two days ago it's been a year since I've been to WDW:sad2: I can't wait till July 6th! I'm gonna be on:cloud9:

Just looked back a bit, I don't know how I missed this photo! Funny thing! I was a Mayer last year! :) I swear I stayed in the same room as you! If not very close, same angle, same building etc.. I'm trying to find out my room number, (checking old stuff to see if I have it written down somewhere!:confused3 ) I was there May 10th-13th. If you were there at the same time then it wouldn't be the same room but I swear that room number rings a bell with me! I had a lot of fun last year on the Mayer's thread! As of two days ago it's been a year since I've been to WDW:sad2: I can't wait till July 6th! I'm gonna be on:cloud9:

Awww, howdy fellow Mayer! :wave2:
Is is very possible we had the same room because me and my best friend were there May 14-22! We checked in the day after you checkd out! How cool is it that we were there so close together? :snooty: I also had lots of fun on the MAYer board. I am so sad I couldn't be a MAYer this year (too much going on at school), but I certainly am looking forward to all of the Christmas decorations and happenings in December!

Your trip is getting so close! Here's lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for a magical trip!

Awww, howdy fellow Mayer! :wave2:
Is is very possible we had the same room because me and my best friend were there May 14-22! We checked in the day after you checkd out! How cool is it that we were there so close together? :snooty: I also had lots of fun on the MAYer board. I am so sad I couldn't be a MAYer this year (too much going on at school), but I certainly am looking forward to all of the Christmas decorations and happenings in December!

Your trip is getting so close! Here's lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for a magical trip!

Wow! That is so funny! Very well may have been the same room! Christmas is a great time of year to go. thanks for the pixiedust! Here's some back for your trip!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

For me, that's the fun part about planning. . .it seems that there's always something more to do!

I love your Mickey head idea! When are you going down to WDW?

Sorry i didn't get back sooner, life keeps getting in the way of my Disney planning.:rolleyes1 We're going down June 29 and leaving July 4th. By the way doesn anyone know an easy way to get the home depot mickey heads off the backer paper other than just carefully peeling it?

Sorry i didn't get back sooner, life keeps getting in the way of my Disney planning.:rolleyes1 We're going down June 29 and leaving July 4th. By the way doesn anyone know an easy way to get the home depot mickey heads off the backer paper other than just carefully peeling it?

You can put them in the microwave (can't remember how long) and they will peel off easily from the backing. . .or you can also soak them in water and carefully peel the back off and then let them air dry. But what I did was just carefully cut the backing off with scissors. . .I know, more work, but I tend to do things the hard way! :teeth:

Stayed at SSR last year and decorated my windows with designs created from foam sheets and Disney themed scrapbook designs.

Going for full disclosure here - I am not creative, :confused3 I do however, have a good friend that is very creative. :worship: Yes, bless her heart, she came to my house and created most of what went on my windows.

Put everything in folders, placed carefully in luggage so as not to get bent, remembered the suction cup hooks and - Viola!!! we got windows that looked out to NOTHING, no one, nada. :worried:

My husband thought I was nuts, first with the expense, then the time creating them, packing, putting them up, and most likely - no one saw them. But, is that going to stop me from doing it all again - no. :rolleyes1

I still have everything from last year and am looking forward to decorating my windows at the Boardwalk Villas this August. - Maybe I should add some lights? or a door sign? or??

Any ideas out there? I'm racking my brain trying to figure some sort of clear plastic that I could use to attach my mickey heads to for our window at the POP. I plan on using all the ones that I have "borrowed". I want to start on the window design this weekend, trying to get the family as excited as I am.:surfweb:

I love decorating my window at Pop! Here is my window from May 2007:

PopDecoratedWindow.jpg

Kind of simple, but I loved it! I also had a posterboard on my door for anyone to sign - it was full of signatures from people all across the US by the end of the week! :teeth:

I'll be decorating again in December! I'm hoping I can find some Disney Christmas window clings at Walgreen's or the Dollar Store nearby. Thinking of making a Christmas tree out of Mickey heads. Also planning on using garland, fake snow and maybe even Christmas lights too! Woo-Hoo! :woohoo:

DID YOU TAPE THOSE ON?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter