Decorating for Christmas

KBarber

DisneyMom
When do the parks and hotels start decorating for Christmas? We will be going Thanksgiving week of next year and I was just curious if we would get a little taste of Christmas.

They have already started. :)

Disney used to wait until Thanksgiving night, then put everything (or most everything) up over night. Now they put it up over the course of a few weeks.

You'll see a fair bit of decoration by this time. Nice, huh? :)

We'll be there next week for Thanksgiving so when we get back, I'll let you know. :wave2: I hope things are up by Tuesday when we get there!

They've already started! MK was all deced out when we were down there last week.

ADisneyGirl have a great time at Thanksgiving! I am so jealous - I have to wait a whole year. Let me know how things look. Thanks!

You will have more than a "taste" of Christmas as all the frosting is on the cake by the time you (and I) arrive Thanksgiving week. Yep, all the Christmas decor is up and beautiful by then. It's positively magical!

We just got back on Friday night, and we were amazed at how much decorating was already done! Every park had lots up already. Enjoy - the decorations are always so beautiful - oh yeah - every park was playing holiday music, also.
:grouphug:
denise

from the other replies, it sounds like you're going to see lots of Christmas stuff ..have a great trip! :earsgirl:

Thanks everyone for all of the information. Sounds like it will be beautiful. Now I just need to wait..................... :hourglass

Pretty much by the end of last week, all the parks had their Christmas decorations up. One day we were at MGM and they only had a little bit up. The next day, it was all up (in time for the Super Soap Weekend, no doubt.)

I'm not being a Scrooge, but I really was not wanting to see all that up during the first week of November (it's bad enough that all of the stores have stuff up the first of October), but realize that they have so much to put up and can only do it during the closed hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter