Decorating a Huge Wedding Reception Venue?

For vases, check your Dollar Tree. I got plain cylinder vases for $1 each and spray painted them so they looked like frosted glass (with a hidden Mickey on each one). I think I needed 18 of them, so $18, plus about $9 (guessing) for paint. $1.50 each. Instead of buying something that cost $4 or more each. Once the flowers are in them, the guest don't notice the containers as much. The money I saved went for better flowers (and more cake!).
I also bought plain black 4 x 6 inch frames at the Dollar Tree and glued rhinestones around the edges. Used chalkboard paint on the glass that came with the frame, and my sister wrote in the table numbers with chalk.
Our wedding wasn't cheap, overall, but I sure was going to spend more money on food and drink and flowers than on table numbers that no one will remember. (and, vases and table numbers can be gifted or sold to future brides)

Do look at cvlinens dot com for table runners. They had the best prices we found.

And what a previous poster said about some uplighting-- some DJs will offer a package with music and lighting.

Have fun!

Look into mini magnolia wreaths for your center pieces. An ivory bow could be added, or one of her colors. You can purchase mini wreath stands for them. As far as lanterns go, you could use candles or battery operated string lights. Just thought that the wreath could also hold the table number. Or another thought is to spread out the leaves and place blooms and different sized votive down in a line for long tables.

[GALLERY=]image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg [/GALLERY]these are pics from my niece's wedding. She had a very budget wedding and it was just beautiful. She used my mom's old button tin to make the table numbers. Mom had passed away so this was a nod to her. The little bird houses had fudge in them and the burlap bags had tulip bulbs. She used an old vintage typewriter for guests to type the couple a message. The wedding cake was a double layer cheesecake and the rest of the desserts were home made by friends and family. They were labeled according to whose recipe they were to add a personal touch.

My first thought in your case was beautiful lights. I'm sure it will look just wonderful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter