• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorated baby's room Alice in Wonderland style - Pics Finally Posted!

My first stop when decorating kid's rooms is always allposters.com. I like to start with a poster or two. When my kids were babies, my theme was Babar.

I seem to remember Ikea has some really cute whimsical chest of drawers, beds, and cribs.

That is the Mammut series- it's very cute! I don't think they have the cribs any more (didn't find them on the website anyway). They do have a sort of standard design crib in a pink that ought to match the dresser, wardrobe, etc. BTW, that's the series we got for DD when she moved from her crib to a big girl bed!

I also think one of those round cribs would look amazing in an Alice room!
Though the one I found here is really pricey, it is gorgeous if frou-frou:
http://www.apinkprincess.com/Princess-Of-Monaco-Pink-Country-French-Round-Canopy-Crib-p-787.html

Useful sharing to decorate your baby homes easily,..
keep sharing such a nice information,..

I think fashioning your bedding after Alice's dress would be beautiful. Add a white crib,a contrasting dresser painted black, maybe a bright pink side table. For window treatments you could find a pattern to represent the talking flowers.

If you have a rocker and ottoman you could have them covered in a black and white checkered pattern or chevron and cover a simple throw pillow with hopefully some simply stated Alice scenes.

You could hang up a few simple shelves and line them with teacups that you find at vintage places.

This is a very cute idea! I bet you will have so much fun putting it together. Also since it is not very "baby" you will get a lot of use out of it!

If you have a cricut machine there is a disney cartridge with Alice on it...you could make your own paper cutouts and stencil on furniture or you can etch onto glass, make quilts and just do regular scrapbook style pieces from that...you could probably even go to the disboards creative community and ask if someone would custom make you something to go in a frame! The Alice palooza doll is 40% off right now if you go to WDW in their stores. And there's a real nice teapot set too that I would love to get! Congrats and have fun decorating!

I don't have any suggestions...just would love to see it when you are done! Think it's a great idea :D I'm trying to decorate mine Winnie the Pooh style.

That sounds like a great idea. We love Alice!! The disney store has some cute Alice figurines that our toddler loves. They would look cute sitting on a dresser or shelf.

Nice tips for the decoration of kids rooms and homes,.
helpful for the parents,.

I would stick to the bedding being simply like her dress, Stores likes Lowes and Home Depot you can special order teacup knobs for the dresser. If you arent going to paint the walls you could get canvas and paint quotes on them.

On an episode of my yard goes Disney they used paper lanterns in differnt colors hung all around.:thumbsup2

Hi! This is the OP! My daughter, Cadence, was born in January as expected. She is a beautiful, healthy 6 months old now and will take her first trip to Disney next months. :banana:

Onto her Alice in Wonderland room...it's still a work in progress. Her room is very narrow and long, so fitting things in it is a pain. But here's what I have so far with the theme!

DSCN8373.jpg

I really like how this shelf came out. My husband and I found the lamp a few weeks ago. Thought it was perfect for the theme!

DSCN8376.jpg

These are atop her dresser.

DSCN8379.jpg

DSCN8378.jpg

Detail of the pics in the frame. A couple are mine and the rest I found on Deviant Art.

DSCN8382.jpg

Her dresser is so pretty!

DSCN8384.jpg

Detail of what's on the dresser.

DSCN8381.jpg

Cady with her Wonderland friends!

DSCN8387.jpg

Another pic of the shelf.

I love it!!! What an awesome room for a beautiful baby girl.. and congratulations to you! I had a baby (my first) in January as well and have yet to really "decorate" his room (though he does have quite a bit of winnie the pooh stuff in there). LOL.

Great job again! :banana: and have fun at Disney btw.. .we're taking our son in Feb when he is 13 months!

It looks GREAT!!! I will redoing our two girls' room soon...maybe I'll go with an Alice theme too! LOVE IT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter