Declining and getting re-accepted

Hey everyone!
I have to make my decision by tomorrow :guilty: and I'm still not 100% on anything. I was wondering if anyone has (or knows anybody that has) declined an offer and re-applied and got accepted again.
I'm super nervous that if I decline I will never be re-accepted.
Thank you!

I have..I applied in 2010 got accepted and accepted my offer then had to back out due to personal reason. I got accepted this semester.

Please don't take this wrong because its not aimed directly at you

I have a hard time seeing posts on here and facebook like this because there are so many people that are pending, waiting and waiting, or were NLIC'd that would love a spot.

I just think wouldn't someone make sure this is something they really want and are able to do before they go through the process? I know things happen and personal situations come up but when I see people saying I was accepted and I just don't know if I want to accept I feel bad for those who really want to go

Disclosure: My daughter was accepted for Fall 2014 so its not any sour grapes or anything

Well in my situation I was barely eighteen and as time got closer to go I was getting extremely nervous about leaving. I was just a baby and then my great-grandmother got extremely sick (she ended up dying during what would have been my program) and I got offered a job closer to home and took it. Sometimes things come up after you apply that you can't control...

Diane V - If you have a problem with posts like this, then go to another thread. Simple as that.

Just like any job that you will ever accept or decline in life, there is hesitation even AFTER you have been offered a position. It's a huge decision to make. I don't blame any of these kids on second guessing a decision like this. As far as declining and being accepted another semester, lots of students on these boards have declined an offer and accepted one a different year.

Good luck to you and I hope whatever decision you make. If you don't do the program this year, there is next year!

I declined Spring 2013 lifegaurd.
It wasn't the right point in my life to go, and it would have severely affected my graduation date.

I have been accepted for FA 2014 Hospitality and am now going. It's a better time to go and a better job fit.

Thank you but I am actually able and allowed to read any posts I want. And yes make comments too. There was nothing rude or anything in my post.

Diane V - If you have a problem with posts like this, then go to another thread. Simple as that.

Just like any job that you will ever accept or decline in life, there is hesitation even AFTER you have been offered a position. It's a huge decision to make. I don't blame any of these kids on second guessing a decision like this. As far as declining and being accepted another semester, lots of students on these boards have declined an offer and accepted one a different year.

Good luck to you and I hope whatever decision you make. If you don't do the program this year, there is next year!

Very sad DianeV. You are really helping everybody here. Just a glow of sunshine!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Please don't take this wrong because its not aimed directly at you

I have a hard time seeing posts on here and facebook like this because there are so many people that are pending, waiting and waiting, or were NLIC'd that would love a spot.

I just think wouldn't someone make sure this is something they really want and are able to do before they go through the process? I know things happen and personal situations come up but when I see people saying I was accepted and I just don't know if I want to accept I feel bad for those who really want to go

Disclosure: My daughter was accepted for Fall 2014 so its not any sour grapes or anything
If someone was NLIC'd it's because Disney didn't think they were right for the roles they had an interest in. It has NOTHING to do with other applicants.
People who are pended in some cases it does, and when people reject their opportunity in some cases it means pending people get accepted.
The reality of doing the college program people forget and are often rejected for is that the program is less about wanting to be at Disney and more about wanting work experience.
A really easy mistake to make, but just something good to keep in mind, because not one person should be put in a position to feel because because they're having second thoughts.

I'm not sure your reasons for being hesitant about applying, but if you're just nervous about being away from home then please don't let that stop you! I just accepted mine and even though I haven't actually been down there, I'm really glad I did. I have found roommates who are AMAZING and I can't wait to experience a new place. Like I said, you may have a totally different reason for being reluctant to accept, but if you never do anything because you're scared or nervous, then you'll miss out of a lot in life!

I hope that whatever you decide for whatever reason works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter