Deck 8 Wonder

NJBILL

Always Keep An Eye To The Sky
I have never stayed on deck 8 (previous stays on 6), but this year we are in 8558. I just read a post that said you could hear "deck chair noise"??? from this cabin
Is this Cabin/Deck 8 more noiser than any other? :confused3

Thanks.

Deck 8 is noisier because of all the activity on deck 9. We could hear running & some have heard chairs & tables being dragged around.

NJBILL said:
I have never stayed on deck 8 (previous stays on 6), but this year we are in 8558. I just read a post that said you could hear "deck chair noise"??? from this cabin

Thanks.[/QUOTE/]

Well, it looks like you could get an early morning wake-up from deck chairs being moved around and organized for the day...
:)

It is noiser....personaly I would not care as I never spend much time in the room. You may ask to be switched to be switched to deck 7.

It's interesting that they would put the big suites on Deck 8 if it's noisier - seems they wouldn't want to do that.

lorrainesy said:
NJBILL ~ I see that you also have sailed on the Graduer of the Seas...how did you like it compaired to DCL?

We liked Disney better. We had a great trip on the Grandeur, but as I have 4 kids, DIsney is just a better place for the characters etc.. My last cruise on the Norwegian Dawn was very close to Disney as far as food and service and ship accomodations/activities, but still not equal to Disney..

lbgraves said:
Deck 8 is noisier because of all the activity on deck 9. We could hear running & some have heard chairs & tables being dragged around.

Was it bad enough that you would not stay there again? We are usually up by 8am.. What about evening? :confused3

NJBILL said:

We stayed in 8058 on the Magic (same as you, just other side of the ship). We were more under the pingpong tables and in the afternoons we could hear noise from Deck 9 if we were out on the Verandah. We never heard chairs being dragged around or other Deck noise from inside the cabin. On the side you're on, you won't have as much activity as the pingpong and foosball tables are on the other side.

Enjoy!

we stayed in 8076 in jan and loved it, :thumbsup2 just a few steps to the stairs, and right o the pool! did not experience any noise whatsoever that made us think it was noisy. in fact, we like the location so much, we booked 8074 for out next cruise (8076 was booked :rolleyes2 ).

NJBILL said:
Was it bad enough that you would not stay there again? We are usually up by 8am.. What about evening? :confused3

Well, considering that we had paid $3000 for a category 8 & were upgraded by DCL to a $6000 room (8004) we dealt with it. ;) I wouldn't book a category 4 in the future because we have been happy in a 10. The portside forward rooms have a walkway over them. The starboard side rooms do not...that is closed to CMs only. There were carts being wheeled out in the morning. The kids were running around on deck 9 between 10 & 11:30. DS would yet at them...not that it did much good. ;)

We stayed in 8086 (2004) AND 8066 (2005) both were great, no noise,easy to get 9th deck for pool,coffee and soft drinks. This side of the ship on our cruises was also dockside in Nassau and Castaway Cay.

NJBILL said:

Does any one have any better news about staying on deck 8? He'd be closer to the pool and what else? Give him great reasons all, 'cause I don't want my fellow cruiser knocking on my stateroom door asking if he could bum w/us b/c of noise issues. Just saw the post at 5:40pm great reasons there Bill!

I think it depends on what section of deck 8 you are on, I was aft, and I think right below the ice cream place or a little aft-er. besides being closer to the pool, you are closer to the ice cream, complimentary soda bar, and breakfast buffet. Also closer to the pool bars :). I think if you have noisy people above you on any deck you will also have problems -

taeja71 said:
Does any one have any better news about staying on deck 8? He'd be closer to the pool and what else? Give him great reasons all, 'cause I don't want my fellow cruiser knocking on my stateroom door asking if he could bum w/us b/c of noise issues. Just saw the post at 5:40pm great reasons there Bill!

We stayed in 8502 in 2004 - one room from the front on starboard side. This was a great location, just behind the bridge and under the spa. Very quite from above, and virtualy zero foot traffic outside door. Deck 8 is really close to the pools, buffett, pizza, hamburgers/hotdogs, ice cream, bars, etc.

We won't do a cat 4 again because it isn't worth the extra $ for our family of 4 (vs. a cat. 5), but if we did, I'd stay in that room again any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter