Deck 2, porthole rooms, cause seasickness when large swells?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Probably a stupid question, and yes, I realize I could just close the curtain. But am considering sailing during hurricane season and I'm wondering if being so close to the ocean and watching the waves crash against the window stimulates the seasickness feeling?

Would I be better off in an inside state room?

Decisions decisions!

Even on Deck 2, you are FAR, FAR above the water line. The waves do not crash against the portholes.

Originally posted by JC Butterfly
Probably a stupid question, and yes, I realize I could just close the curtain. But am considering sailing during hurricane season and I'm wondering if being so close to the ocean and watching the waves crash against the window stimulates the seasickness feeling?

Though I saw some rather large waves, they did not crash against the porthole. Certainly lots of seaspray on the window - but not waves.

Sam

Deck 2 is a wonderful place to be. The rear of the ship (aft) is quite calm, and very convenient.

Come join us!

Jim

We were also on Deck 2 during Hurricane Frances and the one rough day I "wanted" ( I know sounds crazy) to see how high the waves were to the window.

Window Still high up fro ocean!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter