Deck 2 on magic

We are actually pleased with our location as well, 2nd floor right on the edge of mid-ship/aft. We've heard many good reviews of our room. I wanted a lower floor, due to the fact that we've never cruised before and I don't know if we'll have issues with sea sickness or not. Lower floors don't feel as much movement. I was orig. looking at rooms on 5,6,7 floors and was told that you feel more movement in those rooms.

Been on deck 2 on both of our cruises on the Magic. No problems, would stay on deck 2 again. Some thruster noise, but that was only when they were trying to get into a port. Otherwise, enjoyed that deck.

Booked deck 2 on magic then read about horrible noise:( anyone that likes deck 2??

We were under the kitchen and it was not ideal. Late at night we would hear things being pushed across the floor and by the end of our cruise there was something dark (grease maybe) dripping literally down our wall. Our stateroom host tried to address it, but there wasn't much he could do and we didn't make a big stink since we knew we were under the kitchen.

I cannot recommend it--at all! Maybe not being aft would make a difference because what is above you, but something to consider.

We were under the kitchen and it was not ideal. Late at night we would hear things being pushed across the floor and by the end of our cruise there was something dark (grease maybe) dripping literally down our wall. Our stateroom host tried to address it, but there wasn't much he could do and we didn't make a big stink since we knew we were under the kitchen.

I cannot recommend it--at all! Maybe not being aft would make a difference because what is above you, but something to consider.

I don't know that I would have "made a big stink", but I definately would have brought it to the attention of Guest Services ASAP. Being under the kitchen is really no reason not to comment to the powers that be about the experience.

Our aft rooms have been under the passageway along side the Promenade Lounge (Magic & Wonder). Except for occasional kids running down the passageway, we have not had any noise issues.

:cutie:

We had three cruises in stateroom 2560 on Deck 2 -- consider it one of our "homes away from home". It is just a couple doors away from the central elevators, and one easy flight of stairs up to the atrium and all the action. We love it!

We cruised on deck 2 on the Wonder last year and loved the location. I would advise you to take a good look at the deck plan for deck 3 and figure out what is above you when choosing a deck. we were directly below the hallway leading to Animator's Palate and we heard a smattering of footsteps every once in a while between 9 and 10 when late dining ended (it sounded like an occasional herd of kids running out) but it was totally quiet the rest of the time. No issues with engine noise at all.

However, we were on the second passenger deck on Celebrity a few years ago and we were directly underneath the kitchens and the noise was horrible! It sounded like giant metal trolleys being pushed across a tile floor and it went on all night!

From now on I will always examine the deck plans for the decks above and below my cabin before booking. That's probably why there is so much variation in the responses; there's a big difference between being beneath a nightclub or kitchen and being beneath other rooms or a quiet area.

We stayed in Room 2021 last May on the Magic and found no issues with sound and found it easy to get decks 3 and 4. We liked the room. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter