• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deck 2 ok?

sandiedog

Earning My Ears
I'm traveling on the 4/13 cruise and have cabin # 2650. Is deck 2 satisfactory. I do want to be away from the noise of the late late nightlife. I did hear that you can hear them docking from deck 2 in ports. Is there a better location for a cat 9?

Hi sandiedog, and welcome to the Cruise Board! :)

Deck Two is generally a very quiet deck. Stateroom 2650 is way aft on the ship, and above you is Parrot Cay (a restaurant) so that won't cause any noise issues. You may be near a loading door, though, I think that Barb (inkkognito) may have stayed in a stateroom near there that had some noise issues with the loading door, but I think that was up the hall a bit.

Have a great time! :)

You might want to see if anything else is available. 2650 is pretty far aft... and since you don't want to hear engine noise, you probably oughtn't be that far aft.

I had more than one question about the noise on Deck 2 while I maintained a "Let me answer your questions, 'live' from the Magic" thread (<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=38440">link</a>) during our 5/26 Magic cruise, so I went down to Deck 2 and did my own evaluation.

First of all, let me state that, for the majority of the rooms, Deck 2 is very quiet and you should have no problem staying there. But there are some zones where staterooms are near loud mechanical equipment (electrical lockers, transformer rooms, a/c equipment rooms, ship's propellers, cargo hatches, etc.).

So with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary" and that you may be willing to put up with the "dull roar" in exchange for a good fare, these are the rooms that are in noisy zones:

<nl><li>2000 - 2004
<li>2032
<li>2036 - 2045
<li>2078 - 2085
<li>2088 - 2096
<li>2114 - 2129
<li>2139 - 2153
<li>2500 - 2520
<li>2534 - 2547
<li>2586 - 2600
<li>2626
<li>2630 - 2653</nl>

Also, on Deck 1, you might want to avoid 1030 - 1037.

The noise in these zones is not so loud that it would ruin your vacation, but if you are sensitive to noise, you would probably want to consider another room or be sure to bring earplugs to wear when you go to bed.

We are sailing on the 3/9 magic and are in stateroom 2622. According to inkkognito the noise room was 2626. We have been on the waiting list to pay for an upgrade but constantly told ship is sold out. What can we do? We are running into brick walls everywhere. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

sandiedog, my mother was in room 2650 on our Nov 2001 cruise and had almost no problems with noise. The only problem she had was on the last night she heard a rhythmic bass sound (loud music) until about 2:30 AM. I was in room 2646 which is listed as a noisy room and had no problems with noise (except the people in the adjoining room seemed to talk really loud) All that we heard were the docking noises which I have said before I used as a wake up call.

Lori

Was in room 2584 and heard very little except loading and unloading. Nothing we couldn't handle and to tell you the truth, we were so exhusted every night that it didn't really bother us. My kids never woke up. We liked Deck 2 because it didn't cost us so much, we weren't in the room often except to change clothes and sleep, and we had more money to spend elsewhere. We were truly only in our room to sleep.

We just came of the Wonder sailing with family. We had 3 cabins on deck 3 and only 2626 had any noise problems. If there were docking sounds we never heard them, we must have been really tired. I thought they were great rooms for the price.

We just came of the Wonder sailing with family. We had 3 cabins on deck 2 and only 2626 had any noise problems. If there were docking sounds we never heard them, we must have been really tired. I thought they were great rooms for the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter