Deck 10 on Fantasy

Planner2012

Mouseketeer
I have been reading that people have had noise issues in rooms on deck 10 when the crew is setting up deck chairs in the morning. How bad is the noise? What time do they start setting up chairs?

We've stayed on Deck 10 of Fantasy & Dream (and deck 8 of Magic & Wonder) on 9 of 10 cruises. Of those 6 1/2 weeks at sea (46 days), we had one morning where the chair dragging woke us up. YMMV and I'm sure someone will chime in to say that I'm completely wrong, but of 46 days, I was only awoken once. It was around 7:30 AM.

Which stateroom are you considering? We were in 10160 which is an 05E. We were under the Cabanas outdoor seating area and had little to no noise at all except when they hose down the deck after lunch service.

We were on deck 10 for our first cruise, in a 4A (10598). I think we were each awoken by the deck chairs once, but the problem for us was that we couldn't then fall back asleep as it as close to when our early-rising kids wake up anyway. As for timing, those kids are up between 6 and 7 (with some adjustment for time change) every morning and it was before that. So probably 530- 6. And it may be that the days the noise didn't wake us it's because we were already awake.
The deck parties at night are also are noisy if you aren't part of them.

None of this ruined our vacation by any means, but it definitely made us try for decks 8 & 9 for our future cruises. So I wouldn't let it be a thing that talks you out of a cruise, or makes you opt into a substantially more expensive room, but if given otherwise equal options, I'd choose deck 9.

I think it'll depend on if you are a light sleeper or not. Also there will be locations on deck 10 that will be quieter than others depending on what's directly above the room. For me, I am a super light sleeper so I could never book a room there. But DH sleeps like the dead and hears nothing and a super noisy room wouldn't bother him.

We had a room on the 10th floor in 2012. I remember hearing the chairs and things but it was always around 8:00 or so. It was not an much of an issue. We booked a room again on the 10th floor for this year and leave on March 30. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter