Deck 1 Okay?

antmaril

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are thinking of booking the 3-Day Wonder Cruise over Labor Day weekend. All I can find in Category 9 is Deck 1. I'm not sure why it doesn't appeal to me, but for some reason I'd rather be on Deck 2. I can book Category 8 for $200 more, but the only cabin available is a Guaranteed cabin.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

Deck 1 is most quiet actually. There are less staterooms, and some crew staying on that deck.. I think it is a better bet than deck 2, as there are many noisy rooms on that deck..

Just think of the ease to get to your room when you come back from any port of call. No need for an overcrowded elevator...

HTH :goodvibes

I agree. I had an ocean view cabin on deck 1 a few years ago. The porthole is smaller but that deck is very quiet. I also liked the convenience of walking right to my cabin after going ashore. I wouldn't hesitate to book another cabin on deck 1.

I am soooo glad to hear all the positive posts - would love to hear from others experiences. We've been on decks; 7, 5 & 2...now booked in deck 1 - will we regret this? Am not sure if 'being on the lowest deck' is what makes us/all wonder - me, I am just grateful to be on the ship and enjoying time with my DW/DD's.

thx to all...your info has made our wdw/dcl trips much more than they would have been.... :thewave:

Thanks for all your responses. Looks like Deck 1 should be fine.

Now, I'm worried about hurricanes. I'm reluctact to book this cruise for September 1 because of the threat of hurricanes.

There's always something to worry about :flower:

Deck 1 was great! I can't remember seeing any other guests in the hallways the entire cruise. It was very convenient to Decks 3 and 4. The elevators were empty when we boarded. There is some sort of crew entrance in the midship stairwell, so we had a lot of interaction with a lot of different CM's. We even saw a fire drill one day. All the CM's had to stop what they were doing and kneel down when we passed.

There are actually two small port holes in Cat 9's on Deck 1. Each DD had their own! Let me tell you, when we came back to the room after a hot day in port, we were pretty thankful we were not waiting for elevators and climbing stairs to get back to our cool room!

I think you wil enjoy Deck 1 as much as we did. I would not hesitate to book it again.

Denae

We had 1036, which is port-side. However, we were not actually against the dock at Port Canaveral, only Nassau and CC.

I had fretted about not getting a large porthole on deck 2, but was also worried about the noisy rooms under the dance clubs.

We loved deck one. I believe there are only 42 cabins down there. It is NOT under the water line.....it's FAR from it. There are 3 crew decks below deck 1. I had also fretted about being "4 doors from the forward elevator" and worried about traffic noise. No need to have. The elevator lobby is separated by a steel door from the hallway. Room 1030 might be too noisy since it is right by that door and it slams. We never heard neighbors in their cabins. We heard some "children with lost parents" several times (running down the hallway and hollering), but that was all the noise we heard.
No vibrations either.

We could always get a forward elevator very easily. We always rode up, but we usually were coming down from 3, 4, or 5 and we took the stairs then.
If coming straight from pools, we waited on elevators to take us all the way down. For your info, the midship elevators are ALWAYS the hardest to get.
Go aft or forward for best timing.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter