• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decisions, Decisions...

Judique

Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB
Hello Everybody! I am constantly changing my plans and rebooking my vacations lately.

Haven't been to Food and Wine Festival for 3 years so decided I must go this year. So I booked 2 sets of days with a one day break in the middle to go to the beach for a night.

It was my tentative plan to get another annual pass and use it for three trips - November, February and October/Nov 2015.

Now they come out with a 4 day ticket deal and that seems perfect - I'll do 2-3 days in Epcot and a day somewhere else and then the same when I would go in February. Then the good folks on here pointed out that it was not only one park one day with no hopping but you had to do all four parks. :confused3That botched up my plan...but there's always another thought somewhere.....

So now, I am still thinking of going in November and buying the 4 day ticket. I will use 2 days in November and reduce my reservation to just three nights and go to the beach for the rest of the time. (Someone will be happy when I cancel those other days!)

Then, when I go in February, I will have 2 park days left, plus lots of 'pluses' from old tickets that I can use on either vacation.

Last Feb with the annual pass and a 2 week trip - I went to the parks about 5-6 times. Several of those times were just for dinner and one entry day was just to go to a shop and buy something. In previous years with 10 day hoppers - I would do 2-3 days of park time.

So, I think the new ticket deal will work for me and whoever comes along with me. Thanks, Disney - you saved me $300 plus on my next two trips!:rotfl2::cool1:

The new ticket can only be used once at each of the 4 parks. No going to Epcot 2-3 times, only once.

Laura

Sorry to throw another kink in your plans but I think you have to use the 4-day tickets within 14 days of it's first use. So you wouldn't be able to use two days this fall and two days next year.

The new ticket can only be used once at each of the 4 parks. No going to Epcot 2-3 times, only once.

Laura

Sorry to throw another kink in your plans but I think you have to use the 4-day tickets within 14 days of it's first use. So you wouldn't be able to use two days this fall and two days next year.

Correct! The $199 ticket will not work for Judique for the reasons you two pointed out:

It's one admission for each of the four major parks and no hopping. (So she can't go to EPCOT 2 or 3 times on that ticket).

It must be used within a 14 day period. (So she can't use it in November and then again in February).

She may be back to the annual pass idea or perhaps a no-expiration ticket will be less expensive (depending on the number of park days she plans to do). She'll be break out her calculator, I guess. :)

Correct! The $199 ticket will not work for Judique for the reasons you two pointed out:

It's one admission for each of the four major parks and no hopping. (So she can't go to EPCOT 2 or 3 times on that ticket).

It must be used within a 14 day period. (So she can't use it in November and then again in February).

She may be back to the annual pass idea or perhaps a no-expiration ticket will be less expensive (depending on the number of park days she plans to do). She'll be break out her calculator, I guess. :)

I remembered that I read 14 days from first use while I was driving the bird to its Vet appointment this morning.

I was actually thinking 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at DHS since I would be staying at BWV. Then I would have stayed BLT and AK in Feb and did the remaining 2 parks. Oh well....I 'think' I can buy 2 tickets for me and still save over the annual pass, but now I've got to start another plan. I could probably get 3 trips out of the AP.

Judique said:
I remembered that I read 14 days from first use while I was driving the bird to its Vet appointment this morning.

I was actually thinking 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at DHS since I would be staying at BWV. Then I would have stayed BLT and AK in Feb and did the remaining 2 parks. Oh well....I 'think' I can buy 2 tickets for me and still save over the annual pass, but now I've got to start another plan. I could probably get 3 trips out of the AP.

Reading while driving?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter