Decisions...decisions...

booksandbandaids

Earning My Ears
If you had to choose between 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater which would you chose and why?

We will be on the DDP, 6 adults and 1 infant. There are so many restaurant choices so I thought I'd defer to those of you who get to go more often.

I've only recently signed up for Disboards and have really been enjoying everyone's opinions and helpfulness!

Just depends on what you want....

SciFi -
Great burgers, fries, onion rings, flavored sodas, and milkshakes. Skip everything else on the menu. Burgers HUGE. Very good. Enjoy sitting in a car with dashboards/counters and watch mini-clips of old SciFi movies and commercials.

50sPrime Time -
Lots of joking around about table manners, great diner food but stick to the diner type food (meatloaf, chicken, pot pie, etc.). Probably the best milkshakes in the world 2nd only to 1 place I know at the Beach in Maryland (Dumsers). Have a milkshake for your drink... and another for your dessert to go! This can be a fun place if you are up for joking around with your server... or it can be just really good diner food.

We do both now every trip. But we stick to the menu items recommended above. Everytime we deviated from the popular menu items, we were disappointed.

I go to 50's Prime Time every trip. The atmosphere is fun, even of you happen to get a server who is less 'into it' than the others. The pot roast is fantastic IMO: it's what I compare all other pot roasts to. I just think it's a really great, fun family environment. What turns me off of sci-fi is that you don't face the people you're dining with, although I suppose on certain days that may not be the worst thing on the world! ;)

And welcome, OP!

I go to 50s Prime Time every trip. The atmosphere is fun, even of you happen to get a server who is less 'into it' than the others. The pot roast is fantastic IMO: it's what I compare all other pot roasts to. I just think it's a really great, fun family environment. What turns me off of sci-fi is that you don't face the people you're dining with, although I suppose on certain days that may not be the worst thing on the world! :lmao:

That's a very important point, and one of the reasons we like 50s Prime better. SciFi, for us, is a great place to cool off and our DS likes it. I like the burgers, fries, onion rings. But we consider 50s Prime Time to be more of a family meal where we can talk about stuff.

We like 50s food much better. Sci-Fi is fun to sit and cool off but you can't communicate with others d/t the seating and movie showing.

50's Prime Time. As pp, food is better and lhe "moms" can have some fun with the adults. Fun atmosphere.

I agree. 50's Prime Time was sooo much fun. We were 6 adults and 5 kids. Our waitress was a blast, and everyone really got into it.

My DH and I got the sampler platter, but I wish I stuck to just the pot roast---it was out of this world!

When I made my reservations, I was torn between sci-fi and 50's....glad I chose 50's!

I like both. 50s is fun, both atmosphere and staff interaction. Food is good. SciFi atmodphere is pretty neat. The place is cool and the burgers and shakes are delish. It is a drive-in, so yes everyone will be sitting in cars facing forward. I think some quiet time isnt a bad thing lol. you spend the entire trip together. know what i mean?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

goofyintoronto said:
I like both. 50s is fun, both atmosphere and staff interaction. Food is good. SciFi atmodphere is pretty neat. The place is cool and the burgers and shakes are delish. It is a drive-in, so yes everyone will be sitting in cars facing forward. I think some quiet time isnt a bad thing lol. you spend the entire trip together. know what i mean?

Just wanted to add that they do have tables (in cars) where you can face eachother. There are also dinky picnic tables in the back. but those arent fun. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter