Decisions, decisions, DECISIONS!!! POP or moderate

mom2princesses2

DIS Veteran
Ok ... We are booked for POP for Nov 3-12. Have been for weeks. I was happy about it UNTIL I JUST realized that upgrading to a moderate would only cost a little over $113 above what we were spending at POP for a preferred room and a DP upgrade.

So, NOW what do I do? We love POP but I would love to try something new. We've stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings but I'm not sure CBR based upon size. I need to be close to buses, pools and food due to foot issues. Not sure if moderate is a better choice.

Your thoughts?

For a hundred bucks, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat. With mobility issues, I wouldn't book any moderate other than POFQ. It's small and not as much walking as the others. I adore CSR, but if I didn't want to walk, I'd pick POFQ. We stayed CBR last year in a preferred Martinique room and still walked our buns off.

Hands down upgrade! ITA with the pp if you are concerned about mobility issues, go with FQ. It is a small lovely resort with no rooms that are far from anything. You have the boat to DTD which opens up dining options for you (and is a beautiful ride) AND you are free to use all the amenities at their sister resort (which has an awesome pool area and foodcourt) POR which is also just a short boat ride away.

For that price, I would definitely take advantage of all the added amenities mods have to offer :banana:

Have fun:goodvibes

I had the same decision last week...I decided to upgrade to a moderate and I'm very happy with my decision. I let me 15yr dd pick the resort and she choose CBR..which if perfectly fine with me. Enjoy!!

We were there the 1st week of June. I have made res at POP
for the last 3 years, we love it there. The June trip was made
late and I could not get POP for our dates. I forgot to mention
that I also have a foot problem. Broke left foot in 05 and have
a plate and 12 pins that gives me pain and swelling quite often.
The res CM said she had a pref room at CS for a little more than
a standard room would be. I decided to try CS and was so glad I
did. We had a car and I wanted a loc. close to the parking lot.
When I checked in I told them about my problem and they put
us in Castitas I, it was a perfect spot, out the door and in the car.
I will def. stay there again when we drive.

For only $113 more i would DEFINITELY upgrade to POFQ!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt about it! Esp with a foot problem. Enjoy!

I would for sure upgrade for such little money! We love the boat to DTD from POFQ and the resort area is smaller than any other mod. If you let them know at check in about your foot, they may be able to put you even closer to the bus stop and food court. When you make your switch, request building 4 or 5. Good luck!

Mod..go for the mod, it is soooo much better than a value

Both are nice resorts but a moderate resort is nicer than a value, it is a step above. For such a small amount I would switch.

Thanks so much for all the advice!

And the winner is...Coronado Springs! :yay:

I know, I know. POFQ is more compact but I fell in love with the pictures and reviews of CS (great pool, service, newer rooms, excellent bus service, good food) and I think we can have two vacations of sorts staying there - Disney and a resort getaway. Plus, we've been to POR twice before so I really wanted something different and POFQ didn't feel like it.

We love POP and our girls (DD9 and DD3) would definetly get a kick out of the Disney decor. Our oldest stayed there at 4 and loved it.

However, a ten-day stay warrants a little R&R for mom and dad too, right?! :beach:

Because of my foot issues (still recovering from PF surgery last Dec), I did request a room near the Dig Site and a bus stop since we won't be eating there that much and when we do, it will be probably be lunch at the pool restaurant, Siesta's.

I guess I better update my signature now. ::yes::

Thanks so much for all the advice!

And the winner is...Coronado Springs! :yay:

I know, I know. POFQ is more compact but I fell in love with the pictures and reviews of CS (great pool, service, newer rooms, excellent bus service, good food) and I think we can have two vacations of sorts staying there - Disney and a resort getaway. Plus, we've been to POR twice before so I really wanted something different and POFQ didn't feel like it.

We love POP and our girls (DD9 and DD3) would definetly get a kick out of the Disney decor. Our oldest stayed there at 4 and loved it.

However, a ten-day stay warrants a little R&R for mom and dad too, right?! :beach:

Because of my foot issues (still recovering from PF surgery last Dec), I did request a room near the Dig Site and a bus stop since we won't be eating there that much and when we do, it will be probably be lunch at the pool restaurant, Siesta's.

I guess I better update my signature now. ::yes::

You will LOVE CSR. It's one of my favorite resorts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter