• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decision to go in April 2013?

tonijo

Mouseketeer
First can i say a big thank you to everyone and i feel a bit of a pain posting some questions at times,but there is no place like this to get so much information!
With that said,i need more help,we were set on August 2013 for our hols but there has been a slight change of plan..We are now looking at the first week in April for 2 weeks,and would appreciate any information on weather,crowds,prices etc
A Big Thanks,once again..

Ha you live near to us!
Anyway I assume at least the first week of April will be most busy (as no free DDP was offered, a sure sign that Disney don't need to offer people stuff to fill rooms).

I know our school is off those two weeks too but not sure about how many uk schools will be on the whole.

I shall also be there at that point but on a cruise for the first week :)

:goodvibes

Hi, if you're looking at April it might be worth checking the dates of spring break in the US next year? That often falls late March / early April and can really increase crowds. Weather wise April was lovely when we went, perfect temperature and not a drop of rain!

Easter falls early in 2013. My guess would be that the first week of April will be pretty busy since that is the week following Easter. The second week of April should definitely be "slower." If your dates are flexible, I would go closer to the end of April. We were there for the last week of April this year, and it was perfect... pretty light crowds, nice weather, could not have asked for a better trip.

Have been to Orlando in April (school holidays) 5 times (+ 7 times in the summer) and will be doing the same in 2013.

Weather - usually warm, tends to be dry but when it does rain, it pours. Have had scorching days of 35 degrees and cold days of 15 degrees. I personally prefer the summer weather as it is hotter but not many folk agree with me...

Crowds - busy, busy, busy, but not overwhelming if you give it more than about 30 seconds thought before arriving at the theme park. Plan ahead. Don't try to do too much. Take it slow, enjoy people watching and pick out the key rides you want to do. We do this and never queue for more than 20 minutes (though I did break this rule this year, waited 45 minutes for Harry Potter...and resented it :rotfl:)

Prices - high if you go with a package holiday or with Virgin. Virgin wanted £1550 per adult for flights and accommodation, which I got for almost £1000 less per person, though admittedly the flights I chose were indirect (saves around £150 per person per hour additional travel in my case). Virgin wanted £1100 for flight only. I don't know who is willing to pay those prices but I guess someone must be :confused3

We were there around that time in 2010 - weather was great - only rained once but it REALLY rained!

Crowds - fairly busy but manageable with a plan. We did everything we wanted to and lots more BUT we weren't there over Easter and I think Spring Break was mostly over by our trip.

Have been to Orlando in April (school holidays) 5 times (+ 7 times in the summer) and will be doing the same in 2013.

Weather - usually warm, tends to be dry but when it does rain, it pours. Have had scorching days of 35 degrees and cold days of 15 degrees. I personally prefer the summer weather as it is hotter but not many folk agree with me...

Crowds - busy, busy, busy, but not overwhelming if you give it more than about 30 seconds thought before arriving at the theme park. Plan ahead. Don't try to do too much. Take it slow, enjoy people watching and pick out the key rides you want to do. We do this and never queue for more than 20 minutes (though I did break this rule this year, waited 45 minutes for Harry Potter...and resented it :rotfl:)

Prices - high if you go with a package holiday or with Virgin. Virgin wanted £1550 per adult for flights and accommodation, which I got for almost £1000 less per person, though admittedly the flights I chose were indirect (saves around £150 per person per hour additional travel in my case). Virgin wanted £1100 for flight only. I don't know who is willing to pay those prices but I guess someone must be :confused3

Who did you book with? People keep saying that Virgin are so expensive but whenever I have tried alternatives it does work out that much different. So I presume you booked the accomodation and flights separate, so it would be good to know who with as so far I am not finding prices I like for this year and next.

Who did you book with? People keep saying that Virgin are so expensive but whenever I have tried alternatives it does work out that much different. So I presume you booked the accomodation and flights separate, so it would be good to know who with as so far I am not finding prices I like for this year and next.

Yep, separate is the way to go. I usually book direct with the airline but Expedia, Opodo etc. are all fine. Hotels - there's loads of companies. Expedia, Hotels.com etc. but these tend to be expensive (all the same company); just find a hotel you like and run it through Trivago or similar.

You save a lot of money by paying up front with everything non-refundable, rather than this deposit and payments malarkey.

Flying indirect is what saves the money though. Literally hundreds per person. Like I said, for us, it saves £150 per person per hour. I'm more than happy to sit in an airport having a drink and sandwich for an hour or so. Plus, you clear US immigration at your first stop, so when you get to Orlando you just walk straight out of the airport.

Once again,a BIG thanks everyone:)I can honestly say this is the best place for info and tips:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter