Deciding if I should Split...

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
We have done split stays and the kids and I liked them, but DH is not a big fan.

Currently we are booked for 8 nights at POFQ (took me over 2 months of checking everyday on the WDW site for the AP rate and got it!) but then the kids have been lobbying to stay at ASMO...

We have stayed at POP several times and really like it and splitting 4 and 4 (ASMO first due to cheerleader arrival on March 8th) will save us $270, and while that would be sweet I am totally torn and do not "need" to save the money since we budgeted for POFQ.

I am not "worried" about ASMO, just cannot decide if we would be happier at one place for the whole time or get bored...

We've done split stays and have enjoyed experiencing the different resorts. I know how your husband feels as it is hard to unpack and relax, knowing you need to repack and move in 3 days. (I usually just leave all my stuff in my bag during leg 1).

One bit of advice is to start at ASMO, then move up to POFQ. It's mentally nicer to move to the better resort than the other way around.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy.

HTH, Steve

NOOO!!! don't do it. we split in december and regretted it!

Even CM cast members and I joked about how much of a bad idea it was.

It was our discussion at dinner as to why we should or should not...

Kids wanted to experience two new hotels (have not stayed at either)

DH did not want to pack/unpack, etc, etc.

I was thinking that since the temps in March for the pool are a gamble and only POFQ has a slide the kids would be sad if the only pool time was at ASMO and I wanted to do the campfire and most nights we will stay late in the park for the fireworks and electrical parade, but also wanted to experience both resorts.

In the end the vote was to stay POFQ the whole time. Must tell myself I am done thing about it now and stop obsessing!!! :goodvibes

We love split stays! We have done them several times and plan on doing it again during our upcoming Easter trip. I never understood why people say it is a lot of work. I have always thought it was extremely simple. We all love experiencing different resorts and it is my goal to stay at all the Disney resorts. I have stayed at most of the resorts to date. The only value I stayed in was Pop and I wasn't a fan. Definitely stay at whatever your less expensive resort is first. Good luck making your decision!

Would you be going from Queen beds to double beds? That would make my decision right there, if money weren't an issue.

Great choice, I know you will love POFQ, and the pool rocks :) plus now you wont waste any Disney (park) time moving from one hotel to another :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter