Deciding Between DCL or other Cruise Lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM,

You can eat them all night if you want. They just keep bringing plates to you when you finish your last ring. They are really good. You can eat as much as you want with the exception of the milkshakes. I can still taste the rings.

Sorry you think I was trying to put a negative spin on it. I just found out this morning that there were no more pagers and DCL was switching to the other communication deal. Still don't know for sure.

I usually don't say a thing if someone states they prefer DCL. When they try to spin the other cruise lines as inferior to DCL I might have something to say. I do say DCL does not own the rights to customer service, food preparation and entertainment based on my experience cruising on the other lines compared to some DCL cruisers who have never been on another cruise line.

But you do not have a problem saying DCL is inferior to RCCL or Carnival. So why the double standard. And I actually sailed on the Freedom BEFORE I made my comments about her.

Oh, and after all of the grief I caught after I ate at Johnny Rockets instead of the main dining hall on the Freedom!

Here's a link to a Johnny Rockets menu on Royal Caribbean.

We sail on several cruise lines, including Disney (Platinum) and Royal Caribbean (Diamond).

While one could go on an entire cruise on DCL or RCCL without spending extra on food or beverage, we like having the option of going to places like Palo, Cove Cafe, Chops, Portofino, Johnny Rockets, and Lattetudes -- especially on longer cruises.

Woody

Here's a link to a Johnny Rockets menu on Royal Caribbean.

We sail on several cruise lines, including Disney (Platinum) and Royal Caribbean (Diamond).

While one could go on an entire cruise on DCL or RCCL without spending extra on food or beverage, we like having the option of going to places like Palo, Cove Cafe, Chops, Portofino, Johnny Rockets, and Lattetudes -- especially on longer cruises.

Woody
I like having some of the nicer dining options. Don't understand why anyone would pay for a hamburger aboard a cruise ship. I don't care if it's Johnny Rocket's, Five Guys, In & Out Burger or whatever....just seems crazy to me.

I like having some of the nicer dining options. Don't understand why anyone would pay for a hamburger aboard a cruise ship. I don't care if it's Johnny Rocket's, Five Guys, In & Out Burger or whatever....just seems crazy to me.

Different strokes for different folks. We not only ate at johnny rockets, but did it more than one. We loved it. We also loved the view!

. . . We not only ate at johnny rockets, but did it more than once. We loved it. We also loved the view!

We loved dining at Johnny Rockets too!

The entire experience was good fun, especially when the crew started a line dance and invited guests to join them.

332.jpg

Woody

It seemed crazy to me to. I had been told by so many to try Johnny Rockets so I did. I actually ended up eating three lunches there during a 7 day cruise. You have to go one time and try it.

But you do not have a problem saying DCL is inferior to RCCL or Carnival. So why the double standard. And I actually sailed on the Freedom BEFORE I made my comments about her.

Oh, and after all of the grief I caught after I ate at Johnny Rockets instead of the main dining hall on the Freedom!
Pretty telling this comment was ignored by it's intended recipient.....

Last time I checked, Johnny Rockets had a charge, the Goofy pool does not.

And around and around we go. There is no charge for the kids going for the Adventure Ocean kids nights.

And can I make a suggestion, learn the multi-quote option here at the forum. It's the little "" button at the bottom of everyone's post. You seem to reply to everyone and just manage on being every post on the page.

You don't have to talk to us like you're used to talking at home. No need to go slowly here.

No actually, my kids catch on faster. I don't talk like this at home.

And around and around we go. There is no charge for the kids going for the Adventure Ocean kids nights.

And can I make a suggestion, learn the multi-quote option here at the forum. It's the little "" button at the bottom of everyone's post. You seem to reply to everyone and just manage on being every post on the page.
Multi-quote are best for when you are replying to several posts with the same response. Otherwise, those that reply to your post will likely carry forward several unnecessary posts. May I suggest that you become familiar with the way the forums work before attempted to teach others. Perhaps the posting skills over on Cruise Critic are more to your liking?

Talk how? Looks like you're just typing. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Multi-quote are best for when you are replying to several posts with the same response.

Exactly, which is what I am suggesting to lovethedream. Why are you so confused?

She posted at 10:07pm and again at 10:07pm, one on top of the other. Multi-quote function quoting 2 posters would have worked in that case.

Exactly, which is what I am suggesting to lovethedream. Why are you so confused?

She posted at 10:07pm and again at 10:07pm, one on top of the other. Multi-quote function quoting 2 posters would have worked in that case.
Not confused at all.

Let me go slowly....as I said above...Johnny Rockets is an OPTIONAL kids night....just like if you CHOSE to feed your child at the Goofy snack bar.

Can the kids eat steak in the Disney kids clubs? I am intriqued.

Sarcasm is hard for some people to understand!:confused3

You stated that they took the kids to JR 2-3 times a week.

I said it was a cheap way for them to feed the kids!

Personally the clubs would never feed my kids! I will pick them up and let them pick what ever they want instead of them saying Eat burgers and fries 3 times this week!

I prefer replying to each post individually. Just my personal preference.

Multi-quote are best for when you are replying to several posts with the same response. Otherwise, those that reply to your post will likely carry forward several unnecessary posts. May I suggest that you become familiar with the way the forums work before attempted to teach others. Perhaps the posting skills over on Cruise Critic are more to your liking?

Talk how? Looks like you're just typing. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup2

Enough already....not we are criticizing posting styles? Since this has come completely off the topic this thread is now closed.....

MJ

a

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter