Deciding Between DCL or other Cruise Lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post and points! I still like your OP and agree with the conclusions. I knew others on here wouldn't. But in my opinion, some like Pepsi and others Coke. Same with Bud vs Coors, White wine vs Red, Canon vs Nikon, Ford vs Chevy and the lists go on. I don't see why some don't seem to understand some like DCL, others another cruise line. No big deal IMO.

:thumbsup2

I don't think anyone has said they hate Disney cruise. The reason I stay on this board is that I don't like to see Disney cruisers knock others and my personal opinion is that the Disney cruise, although nice, is not the best of the cruises.

By the way I just heard today, by a Disney cruiser, that the pagers are out and the direct communication is in, wave length or something like that, beginning with today's cruise. The device carry a $250.00 charge if they are lost. Not an up charge, but who wants to chance losing or breaking a $250.00 device?

I'm sure RCCL would love to shove cheap burgers and fries down the kids throats every night!

Talk about cheap.

I know my kids will love having choice of menu and one of them would eat tenderloin every meal if I let him.

The only think "cheap" is people who speak the party line and have no idea what they are talking about. Do your homework, then talk to me about other cruise lines. Johnny Rockets was an optional "kids night". Much like taking your kids to the Goofy pool snack bar, they do still serve burgers and fries there right?

The kids menu for Royal Caribbean has steak...and they are free to order anything off the adult menu.

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

Menu09.jpg

The kids menu on Disney...much the same as Royal Caribbean....

WonderMenuKids.jpg

I don't think anyone has said they hate Disney cruise. The reason I stay on this board is that I don't like to see Disney cruisers knock others and my personal opinion is that the Disney cruise, although nice, is not the best of the cruises.

I only pop in from time to time. Now I see why I stay at cruise critic.

The only think "cheap" is people who speak the party line and have no idea what they are talking about. Do your homework, then talk to me about other cruise lines. Johnny Rockets was an optional "kids night". Much like taking your kids to the Goofy pool snack bar, they do still serve burgers and fries there right?

The kids menu for Royal Caribbean has steak...and they are free to order anything off the adult menu.

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

Menu09.jpg

The kids menu on Disney...much the same as Royal Caribbean....

WonderMenuKids.jpg

At Johnny Rockets they can get steak?

At Johnny Rockets they can get steak?

Let me go slowly....as I said above...Johnny Rockets is an OPTIONAL kids night....just like if you CHOSE to feed your child at the Goofy snack bar.

Can the kids eat steak in the Disney kids clubs? I am intriqued.

Let me go slowly....as I said above...Johnny Rockets is an OPTIONAL kids night....just like if you CHOSE to feed your child at the Goofy snack bar.

Although I understand your points, it seems to be a little antagonistic. The OP posted why she liked DCL. Granted, some points are not exclusive to any particular cruise line like the "free" stuff. However, when taken as a whole she prefers DCL and wanted to share. You prefer RCCL and that's fine. There will always be differences among cruise lines and there will always be loyal fans of EACH cruise line whether it's Princess, CCL, Celebrity, RCCL, etc. As the OP stated, it was her opinion about what was best for her family. On a board devoted exclusively to Disney, I think the ratio of DCL fans will be higher than any other cruise related board. I don't know why these threads have to get bogged down in elementary school-like arguments over which mundane details are the best such as free pop (which our family doesn't drink anyway), kids menus, quality of individual dancers, pool areas, etc. I think most on here are educated enough to know there are differences-some 'better' and some 'worse' with any line. Again, when taken in a holistic view combining all of the facets including perceived value, each family will choose what they want. And because it's subjective, no one person is right or wrong.

I don't find many of the things I've read about RCCL appealing enough when taken as a whole to want to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation I am not sure I will enjoy as much as the consistenly excellent experiences we have had with DCL. Yes, there are some things that I wish DCL had, but I'd be saying the same if I were on another line comparing it back. What one family likes will vary greatly. I did not find the pictures of the freedom's dining room 'elegant'. It looked more like a Hyatt atrium to me. That's one reason we don't stay offsite when visiting WDW. We like the uniqueness of Disney and not the blandness that I see when looking at other cruise lines. I am not out to convince anyone to cruise Disney, but will tell you why I like it when asked. I fully understand why some don't like it and that's okay. Just don't insinuate that my opinion doesn't matter just because I choose to vacation the way we enjoy.

I heard about the same opinions from my grandson about returning to DCL, after 3 cruises, that I see here. However after we switched to Carnival and than RCI he doesn't want to cruise DCL again. Now after he has been on the two other lines his first choice is RCI, Carnival and than DCL.

I thought Johnny Rockets was a cheap hamburgerr place myself until I ate there the first day of the last cruise. Wow, They had great onion rings, french fries and hamburger combinations. I did not feel bad about paying the $4.95 for the meal.

By the way I just heard today, by a Disney cruiser, that the pagers are out and the direct communication is in, wave length or something like that, beginning with today's cruise. The device carry a $250.00 charge if they are lost. Not an up charge, but who wants to chance losing or breaking a $250.00 device?

If it is an opinion that they offer, then what is the problem. Why can't I come on here and say I did not prefer the shows, the food, or anything else. You do not seem to have a problem knocking the shows and the food on DCL!! And so far, my personal opinion, is that it is DCL then RCCL. And that comes from after having been on the Freedom!!! We are going to sail CCL early next year and I will let you know how I rank em then!

What one family likes will vary greatly.

Agreed. Clearly. That is why its wonderful there are so many ships and cruise lines to please everyone. Which is why I guess Disney has the Deluxe resorts for people like me to stay pre-cruise before I hop onto a RCI cruise ship.

Then if the kids want their Mickey fix, they can have it before we get on the ship. ;)

I only pop in from time to time. Now I see why I stay at cruise critic.

Sorry, but the people knocking DCL are the one's complaining about me knocking other cruise lines? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

With all respect, this is a DCL cruise line chat board. Pardon me if more people than not here like DCL. You have every right to like and sail RCCL, and if that is what your family loves, then more power to ya. I simply like DCL over RCCL.

Last time I checked, Johnny Rockets had a charge, the Goofy pool does not.

I heard about the same opinions from my grandson about returning to DCL, after 3 cruises, that I see here. However after we switched to Carnival and than RCI he doesn't want to cruise DCL again. Now after he has been on the two other lines his first choice is RCI, Carnival and than DCL.

I thought Johnny Rockets was a cheap hamburgerr place myself until I ate there the first day of the last cruise. Wow, They had great onion rings, french fries and hamburger combinations. I did not feel bad about paying the $4.95 for the meal.

Then that's great! More power to ya! I'm glad you get to do what you love to do!

You don't have to talk to us like you're used to talking at home. No need to go slowly here.

Johnny Rockets is the only reason I started looking into RCL:lmao:, yes I know there is a charge for it, but I just wanted to go on RCL and say I ate at Johnny Rockets on a cruise ship:rotfl2:. But I love the onion rings there, I'm not much of a onion ring person, but when I go to Johnny Rockets I always get them:goodvibes

This is a DISNEY board. I'm sure you can find people knocking PC's over on some Apple forum. For the most part, the majority of posters here have made up their mind that DCL is the best cruise line for them and their family. Why on earth would it matter to you at all if someone on a DCL board states their preference for DCL over the other cruise lines? I doubt you've changed a single persons mind or views on DCL vs other cruise lines here, so what's the point?!?

Do you have a camera, cellphone or laptop? Most responsible adults really won't have an issue with carrying around a $250 device. Nice try though trying to spin this as something negative for DCL. To bad you failed...again.

DM,

You can eat them all night if you want. They just keep bringing plates to you when you finish your last ring. They are really good. You can eat as much as you want with the exception of the milkshakes. I can still taste the rings.

Sorry you think I was trying to put a negative spin on it. I just found out this morning that there were no more pagers and DCL was switching to the other communication deal. Still don't know for sure.

I usually don't say a thing if someone states they prefer DCL. When they try to spin the other cruise lines as inferior to DCL I might have something to say. I do say DCL does not own the rights to customer service, food preparation and entertainment based on my experience cruising on the other lines compared to some DCL cruisers who have never been on another cruise line.

I usually don't say a thing if someone states they prefer DCL. When they try to spin the other cruise lines as inferior to DCL I might have something to say. I do say DCL does not own the rights to customer service, food preparation and entertainment based on my experience cruising on the other lines compared to some DCL cruisers who have never been on another cruise line.
DCL doesn't own the rights to customer service, food preparation or entertainment...they're just better at it than the others.

DM,

You can eat them all night if you want. They just keep bringing plates to you when you finish your last ring. They are really good. You can eat as much as you want with the exception of the milkshakes. I can still taste the rings.

Sorry you think I was trying to put a negative spin on it. I just found out this morning that there were no more pagers and DCL was switching to the other communication deal. Still don't know for sure.

Well I'll just stick to eating them from Johnny Rockets on land for right, now but maybe one day if I ever have time or money I'll eat them on a RCL ship, because I want to cruise RCL one day when I have time.(love to try new places, while still going old places like DCL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter