• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decent Inexpensive Restaurants

ljsmom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend any good inexpensive restaurants that are off-site? This is a budget trip and we cannot eat all our meals on site like we have done in the past.
Thanks!

Many people like Golden Corral. At roughly $10 per person all you can eat for dinner (lunch is a bit less) you aren't going to get much cheaper that that!

Bahama Breeze isn't too bad, nor is Pebble's. There are a number of nice restaurants on Sand Lake Rd in the Dr. Phillips area. If you like Indian there is a great restaurant in the K-Mart plaza on Turkey Lake just as you cross over Sand Lake.

If you like Asian, primarily Vietnamese, but not strictly so, head to downtown Orlando on Colonial (50) there is a complete strip there of great little restaurants, a couple of which are Cuban. It's about 20 minutes or so from the WDW area.

If you have the facilities for it, Publix has really nice cooked chickens in several types (BBQ, Lemon, Mojo, etc.) and a great selection of prepared salads and sides. You could do a cold picnic dinner/lunch.

In general the further you get from the WDW immediate surround, the less pricey the meals are. The Ale House is one exception. It has pretty basic food but the portions are quite large and you won't leave hungry. It has a pronounced sports bar atmosphere though, if that is a factor for you.

Chevys, the chain mexican in the crossroads centre in lake beuna vista. lunch is cheaper than dinner - but I crave this stuff when i leave!

Altho its surprising to me, we have not had a bad meal at Perkins or Jungle Jims, both at the Crossroads:smooth:

I wouldn't call Bahama Breeze inexpensive. The Uno's at the Crossroads is nice and the prices are reasonable.

Highly recommend Sweet Tomatoes on I-Drive near Belz Outlets. It is an all-you-can eat buffet with a huge salad bar, several homemade soups and chili, fresh made pasta dishes, fresh baked breads, desserts, etc. It is $6.99 for adults and $4.49 for kids. You can't beat it. Well worth the drive over there.

Steve

If you like pizza try Bruno's on Rte 192 West in Kissemmee. Family business and they have 2 restaurants. The first one is in the Super 8 Motel on right and does not have the Pizza. Go past it for 2.8 miles and it will be on left. Nothing fancy but great pizza. Did not try Italian food!! Just got back 11-22-03. Have good trip!! Wish I was going back :-) Sultan

Another good place for pizza is Flippers in Old Town. They also have sandwiches and some Italian stuff I think, but all we've ever gotten there is pizza.

Steve

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. We will certainly try many of these suggestions. By inexpensive, I mean less than on site. It doesn't have to be dirt cheap, but not $20 something per adult either. We have mostly stayed on site so I am not familiar with the outside area. Thanks again for your help.

Kissimmee (located along US192 -next to WDW) has many cheap (by WDW standards) and nice restuarants - also just about any brand name restuarant in US - just pick your favorite.

Just because one brand name restuarant does not meet your expectations - just drive down a little far and you will find one that does.

Since you will have a car - just go to one of the rest stops in Florida - I think there is one on I4 not far from wdw - pick up the resturants and hotel discount books - look in them for the resturants of your choice - they will probably have a 10 to 20% discount off. (plus several have directions).

also get this
http://www.floridakiss.com/
you want the free vacation planning kit - it comes with a map of the Kissimmee area -it is the magazine- on one is the hotel on another is the attraction - I think the restuarants are still on another one. they include phone numbers - so if you really want to try one and don't have good directions.

Have some fun! Just get in the car and drive around the Crossroads area and I-Drive and see what grabs you. No matter what you find, it will be cheaper (and probably better) than most food served inside WDW. And then maybe YOU will even have some suggestions for us when you get back! :D

But here's three of our favs:

Chevy's
Joe's Crab Shack
Any Chinese buffet

you can go to www.restaurant.com and check out the orlando rest. then go to ebay and bid for the certf. I got one the other day for $7.50 for $ 25 worth of food. most places have a map and menu but are not the chain rest. like olive garden. ( I think that is usually what the $25 go for, maybe you can get it cheaper but I never have!)

if it is farther than 8 weeks till your trip you can join the Safari Club for $15.00 and get a $10 gift cet. plus one for your Birthday & anniversary of joining plusget !0%off of your meal or a free appetizer. you can use it at Rainforest Cafe, Joes' Crab Shack and a bunch of other ones check it out at http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/locator.html go to rainforest cafe, safari club.closer that 8 weeks you can join at at Rainforest cafe but they mail you the certs.

hotwire, has olive garden, redloster and others for 20%off http://www.hotwiresavingsclub.com/hsc/index.asp plus the vouchers for WDW meals free first month but you have to belong till you get the credit in a month or 2 to get the money back (credited to the card you bought them with) not for the vouchers as you pay the reduced price upfront

edited cause of course could not get the right addys ugggg I hat e computers!!

We just ate at CiCi's Pizza on 12/5 and it was GREAT! We had plenty of salad, pizza, and dessert for $5 each! We had been eating at so many expensive restaurants, my dh kept trying to go back to CiCi's the rest of the trip! :rolleyes:

It is really close to DTD and well worth it!! ::yes::

We always make a point of going to Steak and Shake across from Walmart on 192. Burgers, spaghetti, chilli, steaks that sort of thing. It's a diner atmosphere and very clean.

There's also a Steak n Shake near Downtown Disney that we visited last week. We've been before, but it's overpriced for what you get. That will probably be our last time there.

I live in Florida and I would recommend:

Sweet Tomatoes (always yummy, reasonably healthy, and you can get coupons in the Sunday paper sometimes.)

If you don't have kids or have older kids, the Ale House Restaurants are good. http://www.alehouseinc.com
They are a chain scattered throughout Florida that have decent seafood, and really large portions of things like buffalo chicken burgers for $7-8. The unforunate part is that there is always a bar at the ale house, but at least at my local one you can sit in the dining area and it is a really good bargain.

We always stay near Universal but we love Tony Romas and the of course Sabarros!!! Sabarros is pizza and Tony Romas is BBQ I think. We also go to Bennigans one night usually (our fav. place everywhere) and they now have an Olive Garden. We also liek Golden Corral for a buffet and HUGE variety of food.

Where is CiCi's Pizza place ??

I know just about all the other places mentioned but not that one, and we have a 12 yr old who loves pizza !

Thanks.

:Pinkbounc :eek: :crazy: ::yes:: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter