December Vacation

JDailey

Mouseketeer
I am leaving on the 2nd of December for a week and I just wanted to see if you think I have made a mistake going down at that time because, it seems like all of the hotels are booked-up. Is something going that week??

Jennifer:lovestruc

we are heading down on the 1st. I had originally booked this time because of the "low crowds", well it turns out that may not be the case this year. It's also low point time for DVC do a lot of DVC'rs go that time of year. Pop warner week isn't until the following week so that doesn't effect things. I'm a little worried about how busy it will really be.

Although I did read one post a while ago where someone said they (meaning Disney) doesn't necessarily have all rooms open or available for booking all the time because they don't want to have all this staff sitting around if the crowds aren't there to make the money off of. Seeing as this has historically been a slow week they may have been anticipating the same crowds this year and hence have only opened up a certain amount of rooms for booking? Well I can at least hope and pray this is the case.

I'm sure some of the more experienced Diser's will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. Have a great time!

I had heard that the rooms were sold out during that timeframe, and it surprised me. I've been going to WDW around that same time in December for the past 7 years, and it's always been quite uncrowded while we're there. I know it's hard not to stress about it, but I really wouldn't panic. I think that crowds will still be low. Also, some hotel rooms might open up as people cancel due to airfare and gas costs.

We also wound up finding out things were almost completely booked up. We're going from 12/9-12/15 because things are usually so nice and quiet in early December (this will be our 3rd trip during that time) and we were very surprised to find that the only resorts available during that span were ASMu, FW Cabins, and 1 room at Saratoga. That's crazy! After booking ASMu, I was able to call back and get a split stay between CRS and POR so at least we'll be in a moderate like we wanted to be, but I was quite surprised myself.

We're running into Pop Warner at the beginning of our trip and Mousefest at the end, so that explains why it was hard to find one place to stay for the duration, but we've been here before with both of those things going on and it's never been like this.

Hoping that the PP is correct with the guess that they're not opening up all of the rooms due to it being a "slow" time of year since that means that they maybe might open up some more since right now they're about to be turning people away who'd like to stay on property.

One other possible factor was mentioned to me by the first CM I spoke with, that they do renovations during off-peak times and that it was the moderate resorts' turn this year, but don't know if there's anything to that or not. I thought the renovations were largely complete already. Anyone have further info on renovations at the moderates?

I thought the renovations were largely complete already. Anyone have further info on renovations at the moderates?

CSR is refurbing all of their rooms starting in October, and the project won't be complete until sometime in 2009. I believe they will close down and refurb one building at a time during the process.

I'm not sure about CBR, but it sounds like the room refurbs are still taking place right now. I'm thinking it'll be done sometime this year.

I'll be there the 2nd week also. I read somewhere the other day that 2 big conventions were booked that week. I'm not sure, I stress when I think about it too much. I'm just going to go - we'll be in Disney World no matter what the crowds are - that will make me happy.

CSR is refurbing all of their rooms starting in October, and the project won't be complete until sometime in 2009. I believe they will close down and refurb one building at a time during the process.

I'm not sure about CBR, but it sounds like the room refurbs are still taking place right now. I'm thinking it'll be done sometime this year.

That's promising if capacity is reduced due to refurbishing rather than just because the resorts are completely booked up since that might mean the parks won't be completely crazy. We're hopeful to get moved into one moderate rather than a split stay, but we're just glad to be going and that we did get in.

Guess the big factor will be how busy the off-site hotels are and guess there's no good way to know that till we get there! :)

The 40% off codes that were available at the beginning of the year had specific time frames/weeks, and December 7-17 were the last dates listed. We were lucky enough to get the code, as did many others!:) This should explain why rooms and ADRS are harder to come by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter