December trip schedule help!

Pezalicious

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I'm a DLR vet trying to plan my 3rd WDW trip, but it's been around 8 years since I've been, so I'm really rusty. I was wondering if anyone knows approximately when Disney will put up the schedule for December? Also, I was wondering if anyone had an educated guess as to whether or not the EMHs will be the same as last year or if they're likely to change? I'm trying to plan which parks to do on which days as well as pick out where we'll be eating, but I like to avoid parks on the day of EMH since they tend to be busier (am I right about that?).

Thanks so much! :flower3:

Hi,

December hours will be released on or around June 1. EMH will be released a week or so later.

But keep in mind that park hours and EMH can--and often do--change in between the day they are released and the day you arrive at WDW.

And there is no guarantee that EMH on specific days of the week will be the same from month to month or year to year.

Thanks for the info. :goodvibes

Do you know if EMH really increases how crowded a park is? If it wasn't for that worry, I'd just plan my days and be done with it. I'll be going from Dec. 2-10, if that makes a difference.

Hi,

Everyone's EMH experience is different. No two mornings/nights are the same.

Personally--and many will disagree I'm sure--we always find EMH mornings are "empty" and EMH evenings are "crowded."

But "empty" and "crowded" are subjective terms and much will depend on your specific expectations of crowd levels.

From what I have been told it does. I avoid EMH parks if at all possible.

I have been doing research and the operating hours over the past 2 years have been relatively similar. Epcot and AK hours have stayed the same. MGM-umm Disney Hollywood studios changed closing by a 1/2 hour or so, also this past year (07) they had more Fantasmic showings.

Magic Kingdom has changed the most from year to year. They always open at 9am but closing ranged from 7pm to 1am (on a Saturday night). So this park is hard to call. I'm making my plans based on last year and will tweak as needed when the real hours come out. I do know they will always close early on a Christmas Party night.

Have fun planning!!

Kimba

Remember also that MK is going to close at 7pm on select nights for the MVMCP (buy tickets and go...it's awesome!) Also, if you want to see the Candlelight Processional, it's way better to book the dinner package. That thing is a pain in the backside to get into to if you don't. Don't forget all of the other exciting things going on because it's the holidays! We are going 12/12-12/19 and can't wait! Our "first Christmas Home" :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter