• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December pre-trip and trip reports!!

We check in on 12/27. We broke a stabilizing jack on our trip to the Fort a few weeks ago. Ordered a replacement and was sent the wrong one. :sad2:Just re shipped it back and hoping they send the right one this time. Not a lot of time to get it fixed.
Started a packing list, and made a Mickey wreath for the front of the camper. Can't wait to get back.

Sorry about the hassle with your jack. :sad1: We have a 36 foot toy hauler so we have the crank down jacks. Our biggest issue may come tomorrow morning when we try and load that monster golf cart in the back too see if it will clear:scared:. Not to mention the 8 Tupperware tubs full of Christmas decorations. I have started a packing list but it's nowhere near where it needs to be with only 5 days till we leave; especially with me working everyday till we leave, and DBF is a farmer so he is in his slow time, however he has taken up full time hunting:sad2:. I'm going to be a nervous wreck these next few days to say the least.

We are scheduled to be at the Fort in 17 days!! We tent camp, so we will be pulling out all the supplies this week. This time I want to do a set up like ilovedisneymm showed in her pictures. We also want to make a disboard sign. My boys will be starting their college finals this week. So,we have a lot to do this week, but we are super excited about it ( well, they may not be so excited about the finals!! )

Beautiful. We are seeing them for the first, and last time, on Dec 29. We are sure it will be crowded, but are up for the challenge!! Thank you for sharing. Only 26 days until our arrival at the Fort. Our planning has begun.

bjschil, yes it will be crowded. Go later, like after 9pm. I just checked and HS is open till 11pm on the 29th. We did the late Fantasmic show, rode ToT and then went to see the lights around 9:30-9:45 and it wasn't bad. We could stand around and enjoy the lights and take our time. There have been years where the park wasn't open late and you had no choice but to go early and it was so crowded you felt like a herd of cattle being prodded to move through so everyone would get to see them. Not this time, we spent about half an hour just wandering around. Being a native Floridian, I always get a kick out of the fake snow.

Good deal, the reports keep a coming. This has got to be one of the best trip report years that I have seen here.

You guys keep it coming.

Thank you so much tltay2005. It happens to be our arrival day at the Fort, but we thought it would be less crowded during the week than later for their last showings. We are spending the night before in Valdosta, so a short drive to Disney Tuesday the 29th. We are leaving the 26th, five hours to Southern Illinois to meet my California sister and husband at nieces, for a 24 hour visit, then heading out Sunday after for another five to six hour drive beyond Nashville. Monday has us driving through Atlanta to Valdosta, or maybe a bit beyond, then finally, the Fort. All of this could change, and departure day be later Christmas Day, should snow move into Wisconsin. I have containers in our lower level family room and storage room for items that cannot freeze before packing for our southern journey! Our fiver is like a tin can in this colder climate. Have a great trip, and please keep posting pictures.

Thank you so much tltay2005. It happens to be our arrival day at the Fort, but we thought it would be less crowded during the week than later for their last showings. We are spending the night before in Valdosta, so a short drive to Disney Tuesday the 29th. We are leaving the 26th, five hours to Southern Illinois to meet my California sister and husband at nieces, for a 24 hour visit, then heading out Sunday after for another five to six hour drive beyond Nashville. Monday has us driving through Atlanta to Valdosta, or maybe a bit beyond, then finally, the Fort. All of this could change, and departure day be later Christmas Day, should snow move into Wisconsin. I have containers in our lower level family room and storage room for items that cannot freeze before packing for our southern journey! Our fiver is like a tin can in this colder climate. Have a great trip, and please keep posting pictures.

We have totes lined up for our trailer also. And did the same last year before our Feb trip. Hopefully this year is not 10 below zero when we leave. Put stuff in the trailer and it still froze on the trip down, due to windchill against the trailer cooling the inside temp. Was crazy.

We have totes lined up for our trailer also. And did the same last year before our Feb trip. Hopefully this year is not 10 below zero when we leave. Put stuff in the trailer and it still froze on the trip down, due to windchill against the trailer cooling the inside temp. Was crazy.

Ah, PaHunter, the pleasures of living in four seasons! Two years ago in late December, we left below zero and had your same experience. So this time, trying to be more observant, working around Christmas boxes of presents for 13 grandchildren, and boxes for post-Christmas stress relief, The FORT!! Somehow, keeping the reason for the season in check. And keeping those boxes out of peering/peeking fingers and sight from six eager, busy farm boys, ages 6 - 8, four children's blessings in 2 1/2 years. Fun times, busy times!

I live about 35 minutes from WDW, so if you need any heads up on the weather let me know. Right now we are still wearing shorts and running the A/C, as highs are still in the mid to high 80's with lows in the 70. Also still humid. If we do get a cold, or should I cool front, it only last a couple of days. Hoping for some cool weather for Christmas. Would be nice to wear pants and a sweater and enjoy some hot chocolate. We shall see.

Safe travels to all of you who must endure a long road trip.

Safe travels from NC. Looks like good weather, or boring weather. A magical vacation awaits you.

Thanks bjschil!! I will take boring over eventful in traveling anyday. I'm just a little concerned with all the weight and 9 hours on 95. :scared:

Made it to the walmart in savannah to get some sleep. 4 hours and 18 mins from the world tomorrow!!!! We did stop to eat at a Denny's on the way, and for fuel, but all in all it's been a smooth trip so far... "Fingers crossed" tomorrow goes as smoothly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter