• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December - Pop Warner

Been there, done that once at POR.

Believe or not, the parents were the worst. They acted like sailors on leave and let the chaperones take care of the kids. Security had to be called almost every night at the lounge at POR.

No problems over 2 visits with the football players, but as others have said the cheerleaders do not represent their organizations well... Perhaps not large percentage of the attendees, but a not insignificant number of incidents of rudeness, attempted line cutting, path blocking, frequent and loud profanity (doesn't phase me, but not something others would appreciate), and generally high levels noise all day/night. Almost all of this has been at the resorts and some downtown Disney, I don't recall any significant issues in the parks.

An FYI for anyone wanting resort info on Pop Warner.

From their site PopWarner

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*.

We are staying at Coronado Springs - choices were Coronado, CBR or All Star Sports this year.

Its sad that so many lump a few rowdy kids or parents into one giant group. We are polite, respectable disney goers who happen to be going down for Pop Warner Nationals again this year. We don't have "chaperones" for our kids - everyone goes with a parent and we do not let our children run off by themselves and we obey the 10pm resort curfew. Please don't lump all of us with the few bad apples.

As for the parks - the DHS party is at 7pm, it was my understanding if we were in the park prior to closing we'd have to leave and reenter with our party ticket so how would that work for people with late ADR's or the 6:30 Fantasmic????

We are staying at Coronado Springs - choices were Coronado, CBR or All Star Sports this year.

Its sad that so many lump a few rowdy kids or parents into one giant group. We are polite, respectable disney goers who happen to be going down for Pop Warner Nationals again this year. We don't have "chaperones" for our kids - everyone goes with a parent and we do not let our children run off by themselves and we obey the 10pm resort curfew. Please don't lump all of us with the few bad apples.

As for the parks - the DHS party is at 7pm, it was my understanding if we were in the park prior to closing we'd have to leave and reenter with our party ticket so how would that work for people with late ADR's or the 6:30 Fantasmic????

Somebody on the Pop thread posted that Pop was apparently being used for overflow this year, because they saw some checking in there yesterday. They were surprised because Pop is the one value they don't usually stay at.

I know I was at POFQ one year, when it was being used for the overflow from PORS. They were absolutely terrible that year. We asked to be moved to another resort, but were told everyone was complaining about them and that they knew they were out of control, but they could not move everyone. We even checked into leaving early just to get away from them and would have, if changing our flights wouldn't have been so expensive. They were that bad.:mad::headache: The drunk parents and so called chaperones were just as bad, and for that matter, probably worse than the kids. They all acted like a bunch of drunk sailors on leave.:sad2: One night on the way to DTD the boat captain had to stop the boat and two men had to seperate two drunk moms who were trying to fight. The whole group may not be bad, but just like the Brazillian groups, there have been enough bad apples that most people just want to avoid them. Good for you for keeping your kids in line and not letting them spoil others vacations. The year we were stuck with them, they had groups running up and down the halls yelling, banging on doors all hours, giggling, and running off. It was like there were two groups competing at annoying each other and catching us poor tourists in the crossfire. One group would start about 12:00am or 1:00 am and then the other group would start about 6:00am.

They are staying at PoP and last night they were screaming behind building 3 @ 1:00am.

They are staying at PoP and last night they were screaming behind building 3 @ 1:00am.

I was wondering how you know thery were from the Pop Warner group. Couldn't it just been a couple of families from, let's say, Ohio or somewhere else? I actually let it get me worked up when people complain about the Pop Warner Groups, Brazillian Tour Groups, etc. doing things like pushing, shoving, cutting in line, being rude, etc. when that happens every day of the year by guests from everywhere. And not only at Disney World.
I am not in any way affiliated with Pop Warner, or any other group that visits Disney World, other than my family, and I have been there many times when Pop Warner, the Brazillian Groups, and many other groups are there. The only people who complain are those that are looking for something to complain about, and then, no matter what happens and who it is, they say they are from Pop Warner, etc. just because it is that time of year.

I was wondering how you know thery were from the Pop Warner group. Couldn't it just been a couple of families from, let's say, Ohio or somewhere else? I actually let it get me worked up when people complain about the Pop Warner Groups, Brazillian Tour Groups, etc. doing things like pushing, shoving, cutting in line, being rude, etc. when that happens every day of the year by guests from everywhere. And not only at Disney World.
I am not in any way affiliated with Pop Warner, or any other group that visits Disney World, other than my family, and I have been there many times when Pop Warner, the Brazillian Groups, and many other groups are there. The only people who complain are those that are looking for something to complain about, and then, no matter what happens and who it is, they say they are from Pop Warner, etc. just because it is that time of year.

Excuse me, the time I was with them at POFQ, I know for a fact they were Pop Warner. The parents were a bunch of loud drunks talking/arguing about the competition. The girls taking over the food court every morning and pushing people out of their way were talking about it. The girl who threw straws across the floor and then smirked at the CM as she flounced off, made the loud comment that her dad told her that with the money WDW got from them and Pop Warner that they'd better treat her like a Princess. (one of the other girls had gotten onto her about pushing a little boy away from the soda machines and the mess she was making, so she just picked up a hand full of straws and threw them on the floor right in front of a CM that was working there and made the comment at him as she flounced off.) I wasn't looking for something to complain about. They made our trip absolutely miserable. Maybe we just had an extra bad group that year, but it was like they were feeding off each other trying to see who could be the worst. Even the CMs said that although they are always bad, this particular group was "really bad". Between their banging on doors at all hours, cheering in the courtyards at all hours, taking over the food court, lounge, pool, and hot tub, other guests were miserable. We went to the hot tub late one night and were informed by a bunch of drunk parents, (who were drinking in the hot tub), that they were having their own private party and we had better leave. Because of their rough play in the pool and the life guards inability to control it, no one else could use the pool. They'd spread out all over the food court, with just a couple at each table, then yell across to each other, just to take over the food court, then they'd leave their trash every where. Getting on the buses at night, they'd come running up and push ahead of everyone with their parents laughing and encouraging them. The bus drivers did nothing.

Sorry I chose Ohio as an example. I was born and raised in Columbus and it was the first state that came to mind. I didn't figure I could offend anyone from there! lol Sometimes I let my emotions get to me when people come on this post and start complaining about certain groups, such as Pop Warner and the Brazillian Groups. Like I said, I have been there when the above-mentioned groups have been there and I absolutley see some of the same things, even worse, going on from others. I really think that some poeple go to Disney seeking out things that they can come back and complain about on these boards.

I was just kidding with you, haha!

I enjoy the enthusiasm that groups bring to the parks. I would not enjoy it in a hotel setting, however. I don't stay at any of the places groups stay at, so I've never experienced that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter