December Magic Bands

rdufous4

Earning My Ears
Hello. This is my first time here. My family and I have reservations at AKL December 7 thru 15. If the Magic Bands will be offered at that time, when should I expect to find out when I will receive them? My family would like to customize their bands before we all receive gray bands. Thanks!pirate:

Hello. This is my first time here. My family and I have reservations at AKL December 7 thru 15. If the Magic Bands will be offered at that time, when should I expect to find out when I will receive them? My family would like to customize their bands before we all receive gray bands. Thanks!pirate:

I asked the same question in regards to the beach club on a different thread . The general answer I received was to except something around 60 days out, in your my Disney experience account. So we only have a month left of waiting :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Make sure you have a MyDisneyExperience account and have it set up with your family members, and that you have linked your hotel or package reservation into it. Log in and check it daily starting 60 days prior to your arrival.

I am not sure about this, but I think you must have tickets pre-purchased whether separate or in a package in order to do advance Fastpass+. Can anyone confirm that?

We are also going back in December but I am not optimistic the system will be rolled out widely yet.

So, if i understand your thoughts. We have vacation 25th oct to 9th of nov., if we were going to get the magic bands we would have heard. Our annual pass has expired and would renew when we arrive. Do we need to renew before going to attempt to get magic bands.

I called to inquire about this - I s/w a cast member in the IT department. The link on my disney experience said manage your magic bands, I clicked the link and it would not let me do anything so I called. The cm told me it all depends on the resort your staying at and what time frame. We go Nov 9th so we are more then 60 days out, I cant say if I will be able to do anything at the 60 day mark but I will give it a shot. The cm says the Port Orleans Riverside (where we are staying) is participating in the testing and I will likely get an email 14-21 days before my arrival date inviting me to participate and order the magic bands....We will see!!!

Kind of off topic but I am surprised WDW has the FP+ option on the bands while I think it is a great idea I'd think WDW will not sell as many hopper option tickets - since planners like myself will likely pre-select my 3 FP+ and stay at that park (I know you can switch your selections etc...but once I make a plan and tell my entire travel party we are gonna stick with it)::MinnieMo

We will be staying at POR in a few days and we got the bands. I was just looking around on my Disney experience on Monday and noticed that I could customize the bands. I did and they sent them UPS overnight.
I have no clue about any of the other resorts, but I would recommend checking in the weeks before your trip if you do not receive notification.

The 60 day mark is meaningless right now. That's the planned time frame for MYW ticket and AP holders to be able to reserve FP+ in advance, when it is rolled out. It isn't rolled out completely yet. It is still in testing.

Right now, it depends on you checking in to a resort participating in testing, during the testing period. Right now, the testing period only extends to Oct. 31st. No one checking in after that will see anything about MagicBands or FP+ until they've decided on further testing or roll out.

The 60 day mark is meaningless right now. That's the planned time frame for MYW ticket and AP holders to be able to reserve FP+ in advance, when it is rolled out. It isn't rolled out completely yet. It is still in testing.

Right now, it depends on you checking in to a resort participating in testing, during the testing period. Right now, the testing period only extends to Oct. 31st. No one checking in after that will see anything about MagicBands or FP+ until they've decided on further testing or roll out.
Thanks everyone for answering my question. I guess I will just have to wait patiently to see when or if we will be getting the Magic Bands on our trip.

So, if i understand your thoughts. We have vacation 25th oct to 9th of nov., if we were going to get the magic bands we would have heard. Our annual pass has expired and would renew when we arrive. Do we need to renew before going to attempt to get magic bands.

What hotel are you staying at? There is a group of them that have been confirmed for October. More may be added.

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but I just thought I would let you know that I will be staying at the Pop Century Resort from December 11-16 and I got access to Magic Bands today! I also got access to the FastPass+ reservation system a few days ago. I'm also in Canada, which might make this more relevant to some.

No emails, just kept checking the main MyDisneyExperience page! I'm super excited and I hope this gives you some hope! :)

I called to check to see if I had a PIN on my account. I didn't, but he told me that I will be getting magic bands for my stay at POFQ at the end of January and to watch for an email.

We're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, Dec. 31 thru Jan 6. 71 days to go and I was able to go online this morning and customize our magic bands. It says we have until Nov. 30 to customize. Only 11 more days and I can make our FP+ selections, from what I understand.

I called to check to see if I had a PIN on my account. I didn't, but he told me that I will be getting magic bands for my stay at POFQ at the end of January and to watch for an email.

Unless they severely backpedal, everyone staying at a resort will be getting magicbands going forward. Last resorts went online today (except for the Grand Floridian Villas, and that's just because they open Wednesday).

WHEN you can customize depends when Disney flips the switch for your reservation. :) I've seen as much as 67 days out so far.

Correction, 71 days. ;)

Got my third set of magic bands today, well, customized them. Check in at Pop 12/8. The others were AoA 11/29 and CSR 11/30.

What can you do to the bands besides picking a color? Thats all I saw. Our were shipped today for Thanksgiving trip.

What can you do to the bands besides picking a color? Thats all I saw. Our were shipped today for Thanksgiving trip.

You can get those little button things that people put on crocs to add some flair they just pop in the holes from what I understand

You can have a name put inside the band to help identify it.

You can get those little button things that people put on crocs to add some flair they just pop in the holes from what I understand

At the resorts, you can by "coverbands", which are fabric covers that slip over the bands, "Bandits", which are like "Jibbitz" for Crocs and stick in the excess holes, and something called a "slider" which is a thing that slides over the band and reminds me of a buckle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter