• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December in the Fort

MedicBill

Mouseketeer
I spent the last year saying that I would not be going back to Disney until most of the construction in the parks / Disney Springs was done.

In a moment of weakness today I booked Dec 10 - 21 in the cabins.

I haven't been in Disney for the Christmas Season since I was in diapers. I usually go for the end of September / start of October. What should I expect as far as crowds and weather, and of course, fishing?

We have only been to the Fort twice in late January. But this year we also arrive December 10 - 18.

My guess is the crowds will be the lowest of anytime during December. One reason is they just announced Free Dining for some resorts in 2016 and the only time in December starts December 10. We're really looking forward to seeing the Christmas stuff this time.

The Lowest Attendance --

• January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
  • The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
  • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December
More Moderate Attendance:

• After Presidents' week in February through early March
  • Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
  • Columbus Day Weekend (October)
  • The first part of Thanksgiving week
Highest Attendance:
  • Presidents' week in February
  • Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
  • Memorial Day weekend
  • Mid June through Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day and weekend
  • Christmas week through New Year's Day
Source: http://allears.net/pl/attend.htm

Given that Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, I think there is a potential for an increasing crowd level the end of your trip, but the first week of your trip shouldn't be too bad.

Sorry, I don't fish, so I can't help there.

I will say, make time to check out the decorations at the Fort as there tends to be a lot of them and they are awesome. (Not just Disney but those camping too)

Fishing at The Fort is always good. The catching is pretty good too. Are you gonna fish on your own or an excursion?

I'm headed out from the 12th to the 20th and it'll be my first time at the Fort and my first trip in December. According to Touringplans, the weather is showing highs in the low 70's and lows in the low 50's. Obviously it's still too far out, so I'm not sure how accurate this is. I believe they base it on collection of data from previous years. They're showing crowds in the 3's and 4's until you hit the 18th. From there it's in the 8's and 9's. Sorry-can't help with the fishing part. Hope this helps!

We spent few weeks during this time frame, couple years back. It was great from crowd perspective, our last day in park was 25th. It was the best park day by far. In at rope drop, EMH - then hit all rides we wanted. lunch 1.5 hours at crystal palace, then did few more rides and sit down shows in afternoon.

Weather was not best - lows was mid/upper 30s and upper 50 - lower 60s. it was jacket/sweatshirt weather the entire time. Atypical I think for that time of year, but it beat 20 degrees and snow/ice. We had to depart a day early to get out of town to beat the major ice storm and it was not an issue to get in.

Check sunrise and sunset schedule - its up late and down early.

We took to the boat from FW to WDW then hopped monorail to resort hop or can take boat to comtemp and hop monorail. Cant beat decorations across all parks and hotels.

The Lowest Attendance --

• January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
  • The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
  • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December
More Moderate Attendance:

• After Presidents' week in February through early March
  • Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
  • Columbus Day Weekend (October)
  • The first part of Thanksgiving week
Highest Attendance:
  • Presidents' week in February
  • Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
  • Memorial Day weekend
  • Mid June through Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day and weekend
  • Christmas week through New Year's Day
Source: http://allears.net/pl/attend.htm

Given that Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, I think there is a potential for an increasing crowd level the end of your trip, but the first week of your trip shouldn't be too bad.

Sorry, I don't fish, so I can't help there.

I will say, make time to check out the decorations at the Fort as there tends to be a lot of them and they are awesome. (Not just Disney but those camping too)

Awesome! Thanks!

Fishing at The Fort is always good. The catching is pretty good too. Are you gonna fish on your own or an excursion?

Just gonna drop a line in the pond and see what happens. I heard theres whales in there.

I'm headed out from the 12th to the 20th and it'll be my first time at the Fort and my first trip in December. According to Touringplans, the weather is showing highs in the low 70's and lows in the low 50's. Obviously it's still too far out, so I'm not sure how accurate this is. I believe they base it on collection of data from previous years. They're showing crowds in the 3's and 4's until you hit the 18th. From there it's in the 8's and 9's. Sorry-can't help with the fishing part. Hope this helps!

3's and 4's are good! Ill take it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter