December in the bahamas

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me the weather at Castaway Cay in December? How's the water? We want to go for Xmas but I can't take cold water, especially in the tropics.
Thanks

We just got back yesterday. The high on our Castaway Cay day this year was 70 degrees. We did not go in the water, but it was lovely on the beach with the breeze. It was a great day to walk the island.

Last December it was mid 70s/low 80s. We did go in the water, which was a little chilly, but tolerable.

The water is cold. It was cold on our cruises we have taken in Dec and ones we have taken in Feb.
Beach can be chilly at times too.

We were there in Dec. of 2009 and had beautiful weather. We swam at Castaway Cay and did the Stingray Encounter at Castaway Cay.

75 to some will seem warm and cozy in December and to others, it will seem chilly. It is all a matter of perspective.

Have a great cruise!

P.S. We're going back Dec. 2012!

But the children still went in, but it was too cold for the adults!

Went there twice this December the First week. The water was perfect for me and the weather was almost 80 if I remember.

I like colder water so I am hard to go by, but my wife was in with me for over 2 hours, she hates cold water.

Last year, it was colder, my wife would not go in. It really depends on the weather patterns. Same time, first week in December.

Our weather was super nice, we wore shorts on Nassau and Castaway Cay. I'm not going to lie the water was a little chilly, but it was so beautiful I just couldn't stay out of it. Just submerge one body part at a time and get adjusted. It's not so much the getting into the water as getting out of it, have a dry towel nearby!

We were there in December 2010. It was windy and a little on the cold side. The water was really cold, though. DH went into the water for a few minutes just to say he did. I couldn't get past sticking my feet in the water.

We were there the first week of Dec and the weather was perfect!! It was around 80 degrees. The water to me was a bit cool but my kids didn't mind. They had a sign somewhere on CC that said the water temp was 78 degrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter