• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December Hotel Rates

daraus

Earning My Ears
I was wanting to bring the fam to universal and stay onsite over Christmas.What kind of rate can usually be expected?

rates can vary based on the dates in that period and by hotel.

you can check the rates online at www.universalorlando.com

go to hotels on that first page.

at any high season, hotel rates will increase.

Try searching priceline express deals and limit to 4 and 4.5 star hotels in the Universal Studios area to get an ideal of the lowest price you can expect. The onsite hotels are the only 4 and 4.5 star that come up in that area. Rates are usually lower the more days you book.

We wanted to go to both parks on 12/21. At first, the price was $419 for HRH and $459 for PB. The 2+1 day free park to park passes from Undercover Tourist are $152. Total price: $608 for passes plus $419 (plus tax and parking) for hotel. Over $1000 all in.

I discovered that I could buy a $199 annual pass for one member of my family - and use the annual passholder code for the hotel, which brought HRH to $209. Total price: $665 for the passes plus $209 (plus tax and parking) for hotel. $874 all in.

I feel like I am missing something, but I think it works - leaving me $125 or so for butterbeer. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We wanted to go to both parks on 12/21. At first, the price was $419 for HRH and $459 for PB. The 2+1 day free park to park passes from Undercover Tourist are $152. Total price: $608 for passes plus $419 (plus tax and parking) for hotel. Over $1000 all in.

I discovered that I could buy a $199 annual pass for one member of my family - and use the annual passholder code for the hotel, which brought HRH to $209. Total price: $665 for the passes plus $209 (plus tax and parking) for hotel. $874 all in.

I feel like I am missing something, but I think it works - leaving me $125 or so for butterbeer. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yup, you're missing something. You have to get the preferred annual pass to get the hotel discount.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Non-FL-Annual-Passes.aspx

Take note of where the checkmarks are in each column.

I saw that, so I called the front desk of HRH. The very nice man told me they generally accept the basic annual pass, too. When I expressed concern, he promised to note my file that he told me it was okay.

Even with the next level pass, there is small savings. Worse case scenario: I have to upgrade the pass (which would be a pain, but still possible).

don't be surprised if you have to upgrade to the preferred ap to keep the rate when you check in at hrh.

i'm sure once others read your post and try to use a power pass at hrh for the booked ap discount, it will be corrected.

preferred ap also allows you perks of 10% discounts on food and merch in the park and some of city walk.
not a bad deal.

don't be surprised if you have to upgrade to the preferred ap to keep the rate when you check in at hrh. i'm sure once others read your post and try to use a power pass at hrh for the booked ap discount, it will be corrected. preferred ap also allows you perks of 10% discounts on food and merch in the park and some of city walk. not a bad deal.

Yep, and this thread can get locked for trying to cheat the system. It does not matter what they do when you checkin but it clearly states in the rules that a preferred or premier pass is required for discounts. Same applies to park wide discounts.

Something to remember is that the renewal rate for the preferred pass is about $180. So if you purchase the preferred pass this time, it will pay off in the long run.

I'm really surprised that the Hard Rock told you that. I'm sure Universal would not be happy to learn that the hotels are not adhering to the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter