December Golf?

DisneydaveCT

DIS Veteran
At this point, it looks like I will be traveling solo to WDW December 18-22. During this time time I will be getting in some golf at the WDW courses. Are there any other golfing Dis'ers planning on golfing at WDW that week? Maybe we can meet up for a round.

Too bad you're not heading down the next week, DD. I might be tempted into a trip like that if it was a time I could ditch work easily. A good solid few days of golf would really help my game. Are you a good teacher? :teacher:

The countdown continues to December, anyone else going to be golfing there the week of December 18 and could use a partner for the round?

Family and I will be down there now week of Dec 19th..
wife may or may not let me go play the 20th.. I'm staying at SSR, so may try to play LBV that day sometime..

I'd also be meeting up with some folks for golfing while @WDW in Dec (must be tolerant of newbie golfers!!) My potential dates are Dec 11, 12, 13. Anyone?

I am looking at playing in the morning of the 20th. I am staying at SSR, and have no idea at what course, if anyone else is thinking about playing that morning let me know. Thanks.

It looks like there will at least 3 of us there for the 20th, maybe we can hook-up for a round of golf. Which courses do you two guys prefer?

Looks like we're all staying at SSR, so perhaps LBV might be the easiest..

I'm dragging the kids to MVMCP the night of the 19th, so we'll be out late that night
Only thing I have going on so far the 20th is dinner reservations at 6

Hey Booger73 and Geologist,

What time is good for you all on the 20th? Shall we meet at LBV since we are all at SSR?

I can book the tee time.

Dave

Let me talk to my wife.. not sure how the kids are going to react that day (we're hopefully staying up at MK for MVMCP).. but I would say 'early' 7-8 am would be good as to be done by noon

booger73 said:
Let me talk to my wife.. not sure how the kids are going to react that day (we're hopefully staying up at MK for MVMCP).. but I would say 'early' 7-8 am would be good as to be done by noon

That might be a little early for me on the 20th. I have a couple of discounts that are only valid after 10 AM. Sorry.

ok I'm not a golfer YET but do want to learn and went to Sports Academy this weekend to look at clubs...I was thinking maybe for a beginner I should lookat a set of clubs in the mid price range...are they all made of Graphite these days? They sure seemed to be lighter than the ones my ex had years ago...anyway any suggestions on what to purchase would be appreciated....and do I find lessons for Golf at most any range? and what is a reasonable price to pay for lessons????

djblu883 said:
ok I'm not a golfer YET but do want to learn and went to Sports Academy this weekend to look at clubs...I was thinking maybe for a beginner I should lookat a set of clubs in the mid price range...are they all made of Graphite these days? They sure seemed to be lighter than the ones my ex had years ago...anyway any suggestions on what to purchase would be appreciated....and do I find lessons for Golf at most any range? and what is a reasonable price to pay for lessons????

I would suggest that you get steel shafted irons and graphite shafted wood. A good place to look is Golfsmith and its website, Golfsmith.com. They are very good at finding the right set for a golfer. I would not go to a department store that sells sporting goods. They will sell the same set regardless of one's skill level or the ability to hit a golf shot.

If you are thinking of a couple of different sets, let me know and I will be happy to give you my thoughts.

you guys are making your tee times WAY too early. my resident discounts don't kick in until after you're on the back nine.

Understood, but we have to balance satisfying our golf jones with not ticking off the family while on vacation.

I am planning on golfing on December 20, 21, & 22. Anybody else golfing on that day after 10 that needs a partner for the round?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter