December Exercise Challenge

I will also join the Monday morning weight loss brag! ( thanks plutobaby ) I got on the scale today and lost 30 pounds since April!

30 minutes walking
75 minutes yoga

Total: 490/1000

Happy happy Monday!

Nice job Pix!!:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1: 17 down, 8 to go!! pixiedust:

Just wanted to start the week with a Monday morning weigh-in brag! After 11 months, I FINALLY hit the 1-teens!!!!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3: :jumping1:

Can you tell I'm excited??!!??......

I will also join the Monday morning weight loss brag! ( thanks plutobaby ) I got on the scale today and lost 30 pounds since April!

30 minutes walking
75 minutes yoga

Total: 490/1000

Happy happy Monday!

:banana::banana::banana: To both of you!!!

I'm having a bittersweet morning. I TOO can "brag" that I am a half pound away from breaking through the plateau I've been at since SEPTEMBER..... I was SO excited this morning on the scale I did a little high five dance with DH.

Sadly, I'm worried that it is muscle loss since I am still not really running. I called for my MRI and the assistant told me that the insurance will probably not approve it until I've had more PT. It's a long sob story about what will happen if I have to wait longer (it's already been a month since the injury). Long story short: I'm now in the position that I have to choose between risking an injury to my foot by running on a possible fracture (which could sideline me totally) or not running and then losing a lot of function of my leg completely by letting my quad and knee muscles atrophy (which happens for me rapidly due to a medical condition). :confused3 I think i'm going to try to go as long as possible between short runs and only run when I absolutely can't stand the knee weakness (which is about 6 days but gets shorter the less muscle mass I have) and also cross my fingers that my orthopedic surgeon can work some MRI approval magic.

I did 15 minutes of PT and core work last night so.... now I'm at 190/800.

Migraine all weekend, got ten minutes in, a short workout all over pilates video. 40/600.

I'm having a bittersweet morning. I TOO can "brag" that I am a half pound away from breaking through the plateau I've been at since SEPTEMBER..... I was SO excited this morning on the scale I did a little high five dance with DH.

Sadly, I'm worried that it is muscle loss since I am still not really running. I called for my MRI and the assistant told me that the insurance will probably not approve it until I've had more PT. It's a long sob story about what will happen if I have to wait longer (it's already been a month since the injury). Long story short: I'm now in the position that I have to choose between risking an injury to my foot by running on a possible fracture (which could sideline me totally) or not running and then losing a lot of function of my leg completely by letting my quad and knee muscles atrophy (which happens for me rapidly due to a medical condition). :confused3 I think i'm going to try to go as long as possible between short runs and only run when I absolutely can't stand the knee weakness (which is about 6 days but gets shorter the less muscle mass I have) and also cross my fingers that my orthopedic surgeon can work some MRI approval magic.

Can you do weight lifting exercises for your quads? extensions, squats, etc...?

Can you do weight lifting exercises for your quads? extensions, squats, etc...?

Yup, that's what I have been doing. I used to do them every day before I was able to run again (last year), and then I would do them every other or every three when I was training for the W&D. Now my evening PT fun consists of:

Squats, leg extensions, leg lifts, hamstring curls, side leg lifts, one legged squats (I'm skipping most of the plyometric type exercises I usually do), a bunch of ballet barre type of exercises, ankle rolls, and resistance band work for my ankle, and a bunch of arm free weights, pushups, neck stretches and core work. The only plus to this is that I can do this all anywhere and mostly fit it in while brushing my teeth (and nagging my son to get ready for bed) and watching tv! lol

But I miss the endorphins I'd get from running - no wonder I've been grinchy this christmas! :rotfl: The few runs I've done, I add some arm weights and movements during the walking segments to try to keep my heartrate up and that makes me feel a little better.

Today:

Run: 75 minutes
Walk: 37 minutes

Total: 112 minutes

Monthly Total:

1238/1800

Is it too late to join? I'd love to try for 1000 this month. As of today I'm up to 226/1000. I hope it's not too late!

Hi as of today I'm at 30/1000

I know I'm lame but works been really busy, and I'm a server so I count that as exercise. Lol, but i do want my 1000 minutes on here to be separate dedicated exercise time.

Not doing so well on the weight-loss train. . .treats at work plus testing time makes for lots of stress eating on my part! Gotta get back dedicated to that part!

I am sort of sticking to my exercising, though. . .

210/800 for me!

45 minutes tonight of strength training and core work.... Added some reps and some weight to some of the moves too! :)

235/800 for the month!!!

Updated!

Welcome to our newest members and howdy to those popping in to say hello! Be sure to check out our lovely colors in the first post.

Thank goodness for map my walk because I'd forgotten to record my minutes! I just popped on there then back over to my spreadsheet. whew! They were pretty much all walking. One of these days (and what's wrong with today? I ask you!) ;) I'll need to do a better job with my strength training.

Keep on moving!

ETA--only updated through post 131--don't want anybody to think I'd forgotten them

Hang in there. I was chronically injured last year and spent way too much time in physical therapy. I did not run at all or do anything that put weight on my foot from about a week before Halloween until Christmas. It was mentally very tough. I know we have different medical conditions, but at the time I was dealing with injuries that were just healing very slowly due to malnutrition. It took a long time after I stopped eating gluten for my body to fix things. I had multiple injuries in the same foot. It was pretty bad.

Do you have any access to a pool? I found pool running to be a great substitute for running. I kept the cardio up well enough that despite ~10 weeks with no running, I was able to complete the Princess half marathon only a few minutes slower than the year before, so I was pretty happy. :)

I can't remember exactly what was going on with your foot, but I seem to remember something going on the outside? Has your pt said anything about kt tape? It helped so much with my recovery. I had a bad sprain that swelled all the time, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and tendonitis around the sprain. I had a lump below my ankle that never went away. Anyhow, even after I could run again, I wore kt tape for a couple of months. I also highly recommend the tree poses with movement if you are not doing them. Really strengthened things back up.

I honestly believed I would never run again without pain in that ankle. The sprain happened in May and I ran on it and ignored it for months. (yes, very bad choice). I also had a fat pad injury in my heel. I thought I was stuck with foot pain for good. And while it is not perfect now, it is definitely manageable.

Sorry, for the book. Hang in there. :goodvibes

12/10 - 30 minute walk and 75 minutes of up and down dogs :rotfl2: brings my total to...610/1200 Who's your daddy??!!:cool1::cool1:

A few days without checking in - eek! Missed my weekend run due to a nearly 3-day headache! UGH!

Thu 12/6: 60 min yoga
Fri 12/7: 30 min walk
Sat 12/8: 40 min yoga
Sun 12/9: 10 min PT
Mon 12/10: 55 min yoga

New total: 630 / 1500

Hang in there. I was chronically injured last year and spent way too much time in physical therapy. I did not run at all or do anything that put weight on my foot from about a week before Halloween until Christmas. It was mentally very tough. I know we have different medical conditions, but at the time I was dealing with injuries that were just healing very slowly due to malnutrition. It took a long time after I stopped eating gluten for my body to fix things. I had multiple injuries in the same foot. It was pretty bad.

Do you have any access to a pool? I found pool running to be a great substitute for running. I kept the cardio up well enough that despite ~10 weeks with no running, I was able to complete the Princess half marathon only a few minutes slower than the year before, so I was pretty happy. :)

I can't remember exactly what was going on with your foot, but I seem to remember something going on the outside? Has your pt said anything about kt tape? It helped so much with my recovery. I had a bad sprain that swelled all the time, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and tendonitis around the sprain. I had a lump below my ankle that never went away. Anyhow, even after I could run again, I wore kt tape for a couple of months. I also highly recommend the tree poses with movement if you are not doing them. Really strengthened things back up.

I honestly believed I would never run again without pain in that ankle. The sprain happened in May and I ran on it and ignored it for months. (yes, very bad choice). I also had a fat pad injury in my heel. I thought I was stuck with foot pain for good. And while it is not perfect now, it is definitely manageable.

Sorry, for the book. Hang in there. :goodvibes

Thanks Rose for sharing. I know we active people on the WISH boards probably all have our share of injuries. It's always helpful to get support from each other when we are going through tough times. You are right - sometimes it's more difficult to mentally get through than it is actually painful (although in some of my past situations the pain really WAS worse). this time around the pain isn't too bad, so I'm so tempted to run but i'm trying to be good and walk the fine line between staying strong and resting. Unfortunately I don't have access to a pool right now.

I haven't tried taping yet, but I did order some compression running socks yesterday! :)

Ironically, I had a dream last night that I was running in a half marathon that I had not trained for at all. I'm not even training for anything! LOL!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter