• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December Disneymoon Redux - Pre-Trip Report

Therapeutic Smile

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for Steve...
Never done one of these... looks like fun!

OK, so here's the deal. I got married back in May. DW and I went to Disneyland (and then Maui) for our honeymoon, but she got sick the second day we were in DL, and stayed sick the entire trip. We did all we could and tried to enjoy it, but her health problems definitely meant the honeymoon did not come out as we'd planned.

So we decided we need a honeymoon "redux"... not a second honeymoon per se, but a second try. Honeymoon 2.0 (or would it be like 1.5? whatever). Two years ago we went to the World in the beginning of December. It was when and where I proposed to her (at Epcot, in front of their huge Christmas tree between World Showcase and Future World). So we figured, what better place to "try again" than at the World?!

So it's set. We have eight nights planned at the BoardWalk Inn, we're doing 9 day park hoppers (hoping to red-eye in and arrive the morning of our first day), and the Dining Plan.

We have MVMCP tix lined up, and have made a ton of ADRs with the help of Steve, our TA from Mouse Ear Travel... including:

Lunch @ Le Cellier
Dinners @:
- Biergarten
- California Grill (timed for Wishes)
- Nine Dragons (w/ Candlelight Processional package, on the night of our two year engagement anniversary)
- Sci-Fi (on my 28th birthday)
- Rose & Crown (timed for Illuminations)
- Boma

So anyway, we're incredibly stoked. And I love taking pictures (especially at Disney) so there will be plenty for the eventual trip report. Some pics from our last trip to the World, 12/2005:

75635224_d4b024ce72.jpg

Us.

75635460_2be6c5ab46.jpg

my DW, Heather

75635743_0fe6a893d8.jpg

Yours truly

75636709_4871685472.jpg

Love that sight

75643851_a1d3944fc7.jpg

Not one of my favorite points of interest at the parks, but one of my favorite pictures

I guess that's enough photos for now... and sure, the trip is still like 67 days away, so I won't be getting to the actual trip report any time soon... but is it EVER too early to get excited?!

I don't think so, either.

Well, even though my first post got not notice whatsoever, I still figure I'll use the space to keep info and such...

We always go somewhere in the morning, then back to the hotel for a swim/nap/relax, then back out somewhere for the evening. We usually prefer to do two parks a day (one morning, one evening).

We have a loose itinerary now! Still 64 days out, and plane tix have not yet been purchased, but here's the plan:

Saturday 12/8:
Arrive morning. Check in.
Morning: Studios
Evening: MK

Sunday 12/9:
Morning: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier @ noon
Evening: Epcot. Dinner at Rose & Crown @ 8:40p

Monday 12/10 (2 yr anniv. of The Proposal):
Morning: AK
Evening: Epcot. Dinner at Nine Dragons @ 5:15, w/Candlelight Processional package

Tuesday 12/11:
Morning: Studios. Lunch at 50s Primtime Cafe @ noon
Evening: MK. MVMCP.

Wednesday 12/12 (my 28th bday):
Morning: Epcot
Evening: Studios. Dinner at Sci-Fi Diner @ 6, Osborne Lights

Thursday 12/13:
Morning: MK
Evening: Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten @ 6:15

Friday 12/14:
Morning: Studios
Evening: MK. Dinner at California Grill @ 7:30

Saturday 12/15:
Morning: MK
Evening: AK. Dinner at Boma @ 5:30

Sunday 12/16:
Morning: Check out. MK
Evening: Leave (pref. after 3p)

Man, we planned the heck out of this one! I'm sure a couple evenings post-parks will be spent at DTD or the BoardWalk, drinking and carousing and having a grand ol' time :)

Nope. Never too early to get excited!

Congrats on your wedding and on your upcoming trip. Love, love your pictures! Especially the one of you 'a 'spinnin and the hat!

Looking forward to following along!

Well, we're ten days out now. Flying from Oakland to Vegas to Orlando overnight, landing around 7:15am. Will play a few slots during our 2-hour layover in Sin City :)

Then it's check in, and head off to probably the Studios. See the stunt show, ride Rock'n'RollerCoaster and Tower of Terror, take in the Muppets and maybe Indy... ugh we can't WAIT!

I realized we actually have one too many table service reservations for our dining plan package. So now I have to figure out which meal between Sci-Fi, Nine Dragons, 50's Primtime (lunch), Biergarten, Boma, Rose & Crown, and Le Cellier (lunch) will be cheapest, and pay cash for one.

And hey, if that's the worst problem I have to deal with, I'll take it!

Bringing the laptop this time. Will save me having to buy new, bigger memcards for the camera. Plus I'm going to try to write up some stuff on the Dining Plan, an on the restaurants we visit, for the website I work for ( www.chow.com ), see if they want to publish some thinkings. Sure, it means working (a little) on vacation, but I'd do it anyway just for fun :D

248 hours and counting... Woohoo!!!

I say celebrate it like it's your honeymoon, because you never really got to celebrate the first time!

I'm debating about taking a trip there myself that week as I take my last final that Monday morning and I've never been there for the holidays. I'm wondering how busy it will be though.

Have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

I've been to WDW twice during the second week of December. The place is nearly empty (comparatively, of course). Never wait more than 30 mins for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter