December Disney

Cinderella@CK

Earning My Ears
When is the best time to go to WDW in December? We are hoping to go for our honeymoon and so far we have possible weddings dates of 1st or the 24th. So we would be at WDW for the first two weeks of December or the last week of December first week of Jan. Which would you pick? TIA, Kxx

We just did 26th Dec-6th Jan.
It is the 4th time we have been at this time of year and it is magical, but if we had the chance to go in Early Dec That would be our choice. Crowds over Xmas thru New Year are ridiculous. Lines for most popuar rides are 90 mins+
I cant think of any advantage going Late Dec. You would miss the Xmas party nights.
Early Dec would be short lines and cheaper prices. Why did I choose to be a florist and work until Dec 24th?

Edit: your wedding flowers will be cheaper early Dec also, No way would I even supply wedding flowers 24th Dec.

We have been in December 2003 (1st-15th) and are going this tme again this year.

Plus points
Hardly any queues
Warm enough for shorts and tee shirt
Cheaper for car upgrades
All parks done up for xmas

Minus points
Parks shut at 6pm ( not a problem for getting all the rides done though )
Slight chill at night

Steve

We went the 14thdec-3rd jan. the first week was great, hardly any lines for the rides, even xmas day was good because we did emh in MK and came out at lunch time.(missed the horrendous downpour as well). New Years Eve was spent in Epcot which was great even with the other 70,000 people there.The weather was brilliant but if you were to go earlier and go to MVMCP you will still get the xmas parades etc. On xmas day it just felt like any other day.
One thing i would recommend if it is on is Macy's parade at Universal.

We saw Macy's parade for first time this year and really enjoyed it, made a change from the Disney Parades.
tashasmum, How did I miss you in Epcot NYE?:rotfl2: Were you outside Rose and Crown at 7pm? I love the scrum to get out after 7:30pm fireworks its fun seeing everyone going in the same direct apart from about 3 families going against the flow.:banana:

Yes we were outside the pub as we had a reservation for 7.10 but originally we were on the opposite side of the road.Some-one wished us a happy new year just as we were about to join the queue to go for our meal, was it you?

No that wasn't me, we were sat on the bench (one nearest toilet) opposite side of road from about 6pm until 6.55pm being deafend with the noisey blowers Disney gave out.

That could have been us, we had top hats and blowers, we were even giving out spares to other families :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We were there over New Year just gone and although we were glad to do it once (just to be there on NYE) I would choose early December every time for the lack of crowds.

Congratulations by the way!

Thanks everyone - that is a big help. Early December it is. We are hoping to get married on the 1st and fly out late on the 2nd or the 3rd. Fingers crossed. Kxx

Thanks everyone - that is a big help. Early December it is. We are hoping to get married on the 1st and fly out late on the 2nd or the 3rd. Fingers crossed. Kxx

I might see you! We'll be in Florida 7th-23rd and at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge 9th-18th. We're having a vow renewal at the wedding pavilion on the 11th so wave if you see us!
Early Dec is wonderful, pretty quite so you'll see lots more and the C'mas decs are stunning.

We went 3rd-17th Dec 2003 and it was very quiet with very little queuing. You'll still get all the excitement of Christmas with the parades and decorations etc. We're going back this year 8th-27th Dec. We were thinking of going a bit later to take in Christmas and the New Year but decided against it due to the crowds.

Nick

We got married on 30/11 06 and stayed 2 weeks and it was quiet hot and magical.We always go this time of year and love it.
Good luck with youur wedding

We got married in Disney on the 5th Dec this year and we ahd wonderful weather! Very low crowds and you get to enjoy all the xmas stuff anyway!

Hi, we have done both, early december and over christmas. We find that early december is better due to parks being less crowded, less wait times for rides and the cast members have more time for you as they are less stressed out. This makes it a more enjoyable time. The atmosphere we find is better and more relaxing. Where as over christmas it is really busy and everybody seems to be rushing around and getting frustated with each other trying to fit everything in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter