• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December Disney Magic 12/8-12/15/07

fldisfanatic

Mouseketeer
We're a family of 4 - Cindy, PJ and two sons (16 and 13). I (Cindy) plan to blog daily and I'll also try to put some trip details here as well :thumbsup2

Disney Blog

I've really got to know some of my fellow cruisers through our DISmeet thread - I can't wait to meet everyone in person. They are a most interesting group - almost obsessed with pirate: :lmao:

Since we live in FL and have annual passes, we're headed to Disney this afternoon. I'm hoping to catch the lights at MGM (soon to be known as Disney Hollywood Studios). If we don't get up there in time, we'll probably just go to Downtown Disney to do some pin trading :thumbsup2

We're determined to get to the port early - my youngest wants to be one of the first on the ship, and who am I to stop him :confused3 :rotfl2:

With the delay of yesterday's launch, we're hoping to see the shuttle go up on Saturday afternoon. We'll have perfect viewing from the deck of the Magic :woohoo:

That's it for today - I'll post either here or on my blog from the ship tomorrow afternoon! Please feel free to ask questions - I'll do my best to answer :)

I sure hope you get to see the shuttle launch. How cool would that be to be on the deck of the Magic and see a Space Shuttle launch? :cool1: If you get to see it please take pictures and post them here. I would LOVE to see them! Also, I can't wait to hear your TR.:thumbsup2

We're on board! Got here early and had to wait in the media parking lot until they were letting passengers in :)

Castaway Club check in was quick - got boarding pass number 2 :thumbsup2

We saw on the news at the hotel this morning that the launch is now scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, so I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I was able to snag my Palo reservations as soon as we got on board - that made getting here and waiting in line to board worth it. We're having brunch tomorrow (Sunday) :goodvibes

The ship looks beautiful - all decorated for Christmas. There will be a tree lighting this evening :santa:

This is our first time staying in a Verandah room - it is going to be great! We got in the room right at 1:30pm. While we were waiting we explored the ship separately - the boys ran off to check out the Stack and pin trade. Then we met and played a couple games of shuffle board - too much fun! Making memories already. Of course, the boys were thrilled to beat us "old folks" :rotfl2:

I don't have any pics to upload yet - they're still in the camera. I'm off to update my blog real quick.

Later or tomorrow, I'll put some ship pics up here :)

Subscribing as our family is going to be on the Magic in 21 days!! Hope you have a MAGICal cruise!!

Can't wait to see your pics!!

Subscribing as we're on the cruise after you! :wave2: I can't wait to see the photos once you get them loaded.

Sorry for the delay in my posting - we left Port Canaveral with smooth sailing, but by the next morning, we were in some fairly rough seas.

The whole ship is creaking and is really rocking. Yesterday the bridge report said 8 - 13 foot seas with the wind being "Moderate Gale Force". :scared1: This morning the seas are 20 - 30 feet and the winds are stronger. We're sailing into the high seas, and the gale force winds are blowing ACROSS the ship - so, we're getting it from every side!

I felt pretty crummy most of the day yesterday, and PJ (hubby) was in bed all day. He got dressed for formal pics and then went back to the room. The boys also got dressed for the pics, but really wanted to go enjoy activities at the Stack. I ate alone, but the rocking in the aft of the ship is worse (we were in Animator's Palate last night).

I overheard an officer telling someone we should have calmer seas when we get closer to St. Maarten (at least that's what I thought I heard!). One can always hope :) Last night I took some chewable sea sickness pills and bought a pair of sea bands. Within 2 hours I felt GREAT! I was able to get up and eat this morning with no problem. The creaking is definitely keeping people up at night - it sounds like the ship will break apart any minute :scared1:

We really haven't taken very many pics - DH is our family shutterbug and he's been in bed. :sick: This morning I got him the same magic pills and sea bands - so hopefully, he'll be feeling better soon.

Now for some of the good news :thumbsup2 The sail away party was great, and we really had fun getting our pics done the first night. They call the setting "Lifestyles". It is just a white background, and the position your family in lots of neat poses. I've been wanting to do pics like that for a long time, so I was sure we color coordinated. The grandparents have been begging for a good family photo, so this was a great opportunity to grant their wish :)

We got there for our photo shoot a bit before the 7pm start time. Since we were the only ones their the photographer took TONS of pics. They turned out GREAT! More money, more money, more money1 :lmao:

At 7:45pm on Saturday night they had a special tree lighting ceremony in the atrium. There were carols, characters and, of course, snow. The tree and lighted garland are simple, but elegant.

Our boys are enjoying their time in the Stack immensely - we haven't seen much of them.

Yesterday and today are sea days. The pools are open, but not as crowded as I would expect. Probably due to the rough seas. The sun has been shining most of the time :thumbsup2 Eating breakfast and lunch ouside at Topsider's is interesting. Yesterday, DH and I had salt and pepper races - we set the shakers side by side and waited to see which one moved the fastest :rotfl2:

I was able to snag Palo Brunch reservations when we got on board, so we enjoyed a relaxing, albeit rocky, brunch yesterday. Palo's is beautful and the selection was decadent. We're not drinkers, so we passed on the champagne or Mimosa (one glass is included with your Brunch).

We went to a show the first night - but left early for pics. Didn't feel like sitting in the forward theater yesterday, so passed on Golden Mickeys. I am looking forward to seeing Twice Charmed today, though. That is new since we cruise 3 years ago.

If we get some pics taken and uploaded, I'll post them either here or my blog (whichever is quicker, since we're paying for internet access and need to limit our time).

Thanks for the update - keep them coming! I'm sending pixiedust: to all of you for calmer seas.

hi
I'm also hoping for calmer seas outch !!! what a start hopefully it will calm down .
:wizard: :wizard: :grouphug:

Today is St. Thomas day - here's a recap since my last post :thumbsup2

When I mentioned on Monday that the pools were not crowded - well, the actually closed them all by 11am or so. The water was splashing so high out of them - it was wild.

Monday was definitely rougher than Sunday - especially that evening. There were LOTS of people sick, or looking pretty pale. In addition to the high wind, waves and sea spray, there were also some rain showers. They announced yesterday (Tuesday) that Tropical Storm Olga had formed and that was where our weather was coming from.

They rearranged some of their entertainment to compensate for so many decks/pools being closed. I imagine there was probably some sick crew as well.

Yesterday, we woke to a still ship, docked in St. Maarten. Other than a few rain showers (outer bands of Olga), it was a beautiful day. We didn't do any excursions - just browsed the shops. I picked up some "free" items offered in a coupon book and from brochures on board. Nothing fancy, but, hey, it's free :rolleyes1

With the boat moving very slowly last night, DH was able to not be sea sick. It was nice to enjoy the ship, show and dinner together. Last night was Pirate Night. The show as great and the fireworks over the deck of the ship were spectacular!

I was beat from all the walking/shopping, so I hit the hay before anyone else. The boys came in late (or early in the a.m.). They really are enjoying their time on board :)

Today, we had to get up bright and early to clear immigration. I could definitely go back to bed, but I think we're going to head on shore in a little bit. I will definitely need a nap this afternoon, though :cloud9:

I'm going to stop here for now...time to get on with our day!

We had a cruise similar to yours once. I feel your pain and pixie dust for calmer seas!:wizard:

Here you are docked a St. Thomas!
magic1212.jpg

Can't wait to read more. What were the chewable sea sickness medication? Did they have them onboard?

Hope the rest of your cruise has been wonderful.

:wave2: Hi! I met you briefly in Cove Cafe while you were on your laptop! I am the woman who was sitting on the couch with her husband and said hello! Your dh was sick in the cabin that day. Hope you all had a great cruise! :goodvibes

Tracy :)

When I mentioned on Monday that the pools were not crowded - well, the actually closed them all by 11am or so. The water was splashing so high out of them - it was wild.
I think I took some pictures of the water splashing out of the adult pool. If I can find them when I get home, I'll post them!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter