December Car Rentals? Anyone got a good price yet?

mousy

that code works better if you are doing more than a week ....just tried dec 9 -16 and it came back 247$ for the week

base rates were 277 vs 177 if you go over the magic 7 day threshold, have seen this a lot lately, where more than 7 days comes back with better base rates....go figure

Just booked budget for a mini van dec. 30 to jan. 9th with tax $397.00
base rate $319. 1 week mini van base rate $199 nov. thru mid Feb.

I just reserved as Compact Dodge Calibre from Dollar for under 95/wk and I figure this is a good deal as it says it will be big enough for us as is good for 5 people and 2 large suitcases and 3 small.

Prairiemom said:
I just reserved as Compact Dodge Calibre from Dollar for under 95/wk and I figure this is a good deal as it says it will be big enough for us as is good for 5 people and 2 large suitcases and 3 small.

What codes did you use to get this rate. And what is your pick up date, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you

Hi I actually didn't use any code as I just went to there specials page and put my info in. I did get a code but I also forgot to mention we are flying into Tampa and this may have some effect on the price. We are flying from Dec 1-9th. I have found that sometimes just using there specials are good enough, as they give you a code then
riu girl said:
What codes did you use to get this rate. And what is your pick up date, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you

:cool1: :cool1:

On last night I was surfing this thread and noticed the information about the Dollar car rental prices. We will be there from December 18-21, and this whole thing is costing me 109.78 after taxes.We got the compact, which is fine for myself, dd, a dh :cheer2:

This is much cheaper than the rates that I got on Alamo, and Thrifty. I had a Thrify reservation but I do not like the fact that I have to leave the airport to get the car. Not too conveninet (sp?) :yay:

Since it is only my wife and I, the car type doesn't matter. Whatever is cheapest works for us. I tried every National coupon/code/contract ID combo but I still couldn't get anything below $170 for 12/9-12/16. I guess I'll be sticking with my Dollar reservation for $148. I did sign up for Fastlane so hopefully I won't have to stand in line too long. Once you've gone EA it's tough to go back!

Got rate of $158.99 week at Dollar for Minivan using KISS2 code for Dec.3 to 12th. Extra days $29.99. Total with fees $280.46.

Thanks everyone! You helped me save $37 on my National 9-day fullsize Dec 2-10. It's now $240.

Check out the Budget code on Mousesavers. The National $40 off coupon still puts my 2-week minivan at over $1300. The Budget code brings it to under $500. Wow.

HappyCamperToo said:
Check out the Budget code on Mousesavers. The National $40 off coupon still puts my 2-week minivan at over $1300. The Budget code brings it to under $500. Wow.

You could try using the Emerald Club code 5007125 for National. For some reason minivans etc are much more reasonable with that code than some of the others. I suspect Budget will still be the best deal though -- that's a great rate.

erikthewise said:
You could try using the Emerald Club code 5007125 for National. For some reason minivans etc are much more reasonable with that code than some of the others. I suspect Budget will still be the best deal though -- that's a great rate.

Thanks for the tip. :goodvibes
I tried 5007125 --definitely was better than the $40 off code. Came up only $1,140.09. But the Budget code still wins for my dates (12/16-12/29). I feel so lucky that I stumbled into it!

wdwstar said:
Just booked budget for a mini van dec. 30 to jan. 9th with tax $397.00
base rate $319. 1 week mini van base rate $199 nov. thru mid Feb.

I got this exact same deal. I already have a standard SUV booked, through Thrifty for the same 10 days for $317. With them being offsite though, I think we will spend the extra $80 to use Budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter